Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

run4hlth said:
Does anybody know what photos are required for the medicals. Can I take them from here (I won't have time in Mumbai as I have medicals a few hours after I arrive in Mumbai). Thanks.

For medical forms you need regular passport style photos (looking straight).

Raju

raj1305 said:
Hello KD,RAJU,ALREN and others,

Please cllarify this doubt for me. I am in the process of getting the employmeny letter from my employer.

Here is the format my lawyer sent me.

==========================================================
Date: 15th July 2004

As a XXXX, Mr. Rajesh H. Tagore will do the following:

-short job description-(as per the Labor application)

Please refer to the Job description sheet attached to this letter for detailed job descriptions.

XXXX employs XXXX individuals and has a gross annual income of $XX Billion . We are ready, willing and able to pay the above referenced salary upon the approval of his immigrant visa.

{The part about the no. of employees and annual income may be taken out
if this results in the letter overflowing to a second sheet.}

Please note that this offer may be withdrawn by the employer at any time. Also, the employment relationship is at will, terminable with or without cause.

{Do they insist on this portion. I would feel more comfortable if they take it
out. Ofcourse they should realize they always reserve the right to
terminate no matter what ..}

If you feel there is any further information that you require, please do not hesitate to contact me at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Under penalty of perjury, the above recital is true and correct.

Sincerely,
(Signature of the HR representative)
(Name typewritten of the HR representative)
(Title of the HR representative)
==========================================================

1) Is this format adequate and complete?

2)My company is ok with the letter format except for the part where it says "permanent full-time position".they have a problem with the word "permanent". They want to use just " full time position". Is this going to be a problem?

3) Is is absolutely necessary for all this to be on a single one-sided page and notarized on the front side?

I would really appreciate any input from you guys.

{Apart from what I said above, the rest of the letter looks good and
adequate. Better to limit to one page and see that the notarization
happens on that sheet.

If it infact overflows, make sure to get the notary signature and seal
on both pages. }

Regards,

Raj

{my responses}

Raju

Guys,

Couple of more questions:

1) Does the salary mentioned in the employment letter have to be same as the one quoted in the labor petition, or does it have to be higher than the one in the labor petition?

2.) For supporting the notarized I-134 for spouse: could anyone let me know the format of the bank statement?

Thanks.

Poe

We had our POE at Boston on 7th June. We went and stood in the Citizen/Green card holder line and when our turn came we were told to stand in the non-immigrant line. The immigration officer sent us downstairs to the immigration roon and we were out in 10 min from the room. Everything went very smooth.
We received the welcome letters on 6/21/04 and actual cards on 7/25/04.

Ash

run4hlth said:
Guys,

Couple of more questions:

1) Does the salary mentioned in the employment letter have to be same as the one quoted in the labor petition, or does it have to be higher than the one in the labor petition?

{This is a very basic question and any little research would have given you
the answer. Anyway,

The salary mentioned in the employment letter has to be equal to OR more
than the salary mentioned in LC }

2.) For supporting the notarized I-134 for spouse: could anyone let me know the format of the bank statement?

{There is no prescribed format to the bank statement. Each bank has its
own format. Most of the banks offer this facility on line. You can also
take one directly from the branch by requesting for it. In which case
they mention things like name of the account holder, when the account
was started , the current balances etc. }

Thanks.

{my responses}

Raju

BJ77 said:
Raju:
In that case do we need to get notarised on the both the pages for I-134 if we print it in 2 papers?

BJ77
No, the notary is just certifying that you are actually you who has signed (wherever you are supposed to sign)

BJ77 said:
Raju:
In that case do we need to get notarised on the both the pages for I-134 if we print it in 2 papers?

BJ77

The notary signs and places the seal on the second page at the provided
space, and that is sufficient.

Raju

run4hlth said:
Does anybody know what photos are required for the medicals. Can I take them from here (I won't have time in Mumbai as I have medicals a few hours after I arrive in Mumbai). Thanks.

I took the one's I had in US.

A tip. If you have pictures in US, then scan it and print out the photo sheet at your home printer, will save a lot of money.

Hello all,

Thank you all for your wishes. I'm still in India and after so many days today got a chance to visit the board. Having fun vacation time in India. I've taken a 1 month leave at my job. I will post my POE experience once I come back on 22nd July.

Kd, I surely will keep you guys posted about baby and post GC life.

Alren and few others, if I'm not wrong your interview was somewhere around 20th June. I did not see your experience posted. Is it somewhere else ? Just curious !!! I saw amdomd's

BTW, I had PM to post my medical-test experience, so here it is ....

I had an appt at Lilavati on 8th June. We went at 8:00 AM. Given two forms to fill out (One for myself and one for my wife). Filled it and gave it back. There were so many people like us for the same rason. Told to wait outside until our name announced. Very simple procedure. You just have to follow the instructions given by them. Took blood and then called for eye-exam and to ask other questions after sometime. Then went for x-rays. Later on, being told to come back or wait until 10:30, that is the time doctpr arrives. Once doctor came, everyon's name were called for one by one. She asked few questions about medical history and then told us to go to take soem vaccination and I have not taken any in last 10 yrs. YOur childhood vaccination does not count. That's it, being told to come back and pick up the report at 3:30 PM. Very simple. About my wife I guess everyine knows, she being pregnant, only difference was they had to do her skin-test instead of x-ray and then we had to wait for 48 hrs. After that we have to go and show her hand to them before they can give us g\her final report.

Let me know if anyone has any questions ...

Thanks alren and raju...

That will definitely save me a trip from going to the notary..
ManyThanks
BJ77

Passport Validity

Does anybody know the minimum passport validity period (6 months or 1 year)? My passport is valid for 6 days short of a year starting from the interview date. Do I need to renew it? Thanks.

run4hlth said:
Does anybody know the minimum passport validity period (6 months or 1 year)? My passport is valid for 6 days short of a year starting from the interview date. Do I need to renew it? Thanks.

What they look for is atleast 8 months of validity as on the date of your interview.

Raju

run4hlth said:

When is your interview date ??

Thanks

URGENTvictor..what was the skin test result..i am having a problem

Victor,
what was the result of skin test?

I am having a bad experience about leelavati and my case is similar to yours. my wife is pregnent and hence was told to do skin test. the skin test was positive. the doctor told that it it normal to be +ve for almost all indians. than started the x-ray story. the doctor told that either she can have her x-ray now with lead protection (it seems during last trimester; it is safe) but we thought that lets consult our own family doctor. our family doctor also told its ok with lead protection. but now in leelavati that earlier doctor has gone on vacation and the new doctor is telling that x-ray is not safe, hence we can go ahead with sputum test which will involve collecting of 3 samples.

we called up the consulate and was told that let leelavati guys call directly to consulate (and u know how hard is it to get thru' conuslate nos.).

has anybody who is pregnant gone thru' sputum test(in the sense sputum test is being done as x-ray could not be done due to pregnancy)? are the results acceptable to consulate?

P4 Received

Guys,

Got packet 4 (at my address). Interview date - July 26.
Contents:
Appointment letter.
DS 230 - Parts 1 and 2 (2 copies).
Medical information sheet.
Documents to bring information sheet.

run4hlth,
I was trying to send PM but I think you have not set up the email address like me.
Anyways My med is on July 19th at BC and interview is on 21st so if you are interested in knowing last minute updates let me know I can give my details

Thanks