Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

Victor3536

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I have noticed there is no thread for likey interview in near future (APril, May June) for CP and AC-140 interview at Mumbai Consulate.

So I thought, let me start it. I guess people are using old thread created in Oct -2003.

Anyway, my information are below:

AC -140 case
I-140 - Approved 02/12/04
I-824 - Applied on 02/25 and waiting on receipt for filing AC-140

AC140 Case

I-140 Approved - 22nd Dec
I-824 Applied - 9th Jan
I-824 Receipt Received - 20th Jan
Papers received by Mumbai Consulate - 24th Jan
Case accepted - 20th Feb

Received an email response from the consulate on 19th March that interview is expected in May.

Ash1234

AC 140 case

My details

I-140 approved on Oct 4, 2003
I-824 applied Feb 2004
I-824 receipt feb 2004
AC 140 mailed to Mumbai consulate March 13, 2004
AC 140 accepted abd BMB case # created on March 19, 2004

Awaiting interview date details

Srisubra

How long did it take to get I-824 receipt for you because I have not received it yet and I applied on 02/25

I thought it comes in 10-15 days.

Also, mine is NSC, which service center applies to you ?

Victor

Victor,

My papers were fed-exed to Mumbai consulate on march 12th and my lawyer got an e-mail saying that a BMB case # was created for me on March 19th. I am also from NSC service center and petitioned as EB-1

normal CP case - Mumbai Consulate

Currently staying in Mumbai, India.
Dec 19 2003 I140E approved
Category : EB3
Mar 18, 2004 : Packet 3 received by lawyer and post-mailed to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by srisubra
Victor,

My papers were fed-exed to Mumbai consulate on march 12th and my lawyer got an e-mail saying that a BMB case # was created for me on March 19th. I am also from NSC service center and petitioned as EB-1

Who sent the email notificaiton to the lawyer?

Received I-824 receipt

Waiting on my lawyer to send papers to Mumbai Cosulate .. Do I need to provide anything from my side to my lawyer for filing AC_140 ?

My lawyer is not very communicative guy ..that's why I have to ask you all ..

Every single thing I have to ask my company's attorney ..he would not call and let me know ..sucks ..

anyway ..I would appreciate the answers ..

Victor3536:

You need to provide information to your lawyer so that he can prepare the forms DS2001 and DS230 Part 1 (for you and your wife). Your signatures are needed on both forms and your wife's on DS230 Part 1.

Other than that, the lawyer should be able to prepare the packet for AC140.

All the best.

Amolnaik

Thanks. I have already given the information related to DS230 to my lawyer. I don't know if he needs me to sign that or not but I guess I will have to check with him.

Victor

Originally posted by Victor3536
Amolnaik

Thanks. I have already given the information related to DS230 to my lawyer. I don't know if he needs me to sign that or not but I guess I will have to check with him.

Victor

You will have to sign the DS 230 Part I before it is submitted.

Raju

Mine is not scheduled for April. I sent an email to the consulate and they replied 'they hope to schedule us in May'. Looking at the last numbers on the list for April, mine seems to be close enough to be scheduled for May (fingers crossed!!).

I need to get PCC from Local police station and RPO. However, currently I am in the US (on B1).

I am in a tough position because i am not sure when the interview date could be.

1. For PCC, do I need to be physically present in Mumbai or my parents could submit the request at RPO and police station?

2. For the I-134, I have accounts in more than one bank. I have read that one needs to have it notarized from the bank notary. However, mine is an online bank, has anybody got it notarized from an online bank?

amolnaik:

As far as pcc is concerned, first try asking the consulate in usa if they would issue a PCC since you are in usa on B1. If they say yes then dont worry about getting pcc from local police and RPO in india.

As far as I-134....you can state whatever your bank balance (online or otherwise) is in the I-134 and the bank manager will notarize against your signature. What is being verified here is your signature, not the contents of I-134. It is for YOU to type in correct information in I-134 (you are accountable for the contents of I-134) and for the notary public which could be a bank manager to verify that you have signed the I-134 in his/ her presence!

kd1403:

I will ask the consulate in the US but I still had a question.

I thought the PCC is a clearance based on the duration of stay in the particular country. I have stayed in India most of the last 4 years. Even if the consulate in US does agree to give me the PCC based on B1, would that be accepted by the consular officer knowing I have stayed in India and not US for most of the time?

AC-I140 - MUMBAI

Hello Everyone !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My case details :

AC -140 case

I-140 - Approved 02/20/04

I-824 - Applied on 03/09/04 . Have the reciept already.

Sent the Packet III information to MUMBAI on 03/24/04.

Expect the interview date around June or July.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am new to this site.Found some really interesting info on this site. Would like to stay in touch with everyone who have a smilar case as mine and are expecting to go to India in the same June-July time frame.

Thanks.

amolnaik:

The consular officer is more concerned with you giving them a PCC stating that there is no adverse information about your in india. He is not concerned as much whether you get it from indian embassy in usa or from local police + RPO. In short, if you manage to get the pcc from indian embassy in usa....you should not have to worry about the rest! So first call indian embassy in usa to find out if they would issue you a pcc based on your status in usa...I am under the impression that if you have been in usa for a reasonable time and would be in usa until the cp interview then they should not have a problem in issuing a pcc.