Likely JUNE CP at CHENNAI- track here!!!

Re: Q's in DS 230 & I 134

Originally posted by kumar_sam
Friends,
I just filled a rough copy of DS 230 II & I - 134. Can you please tell me what should we write in the following columns. (Ofcourse these are direct questions, but I just want to avoid if I am making any mistakes)

DS 230 II:
Column 26: PERSON YOU INTEND TO JOIN AT YOUR PERMANANENT ADDRESS IN THE UNITED STATES..
Should we (both me and my wife) leave it empty?? Is it only for family based Ivs?

Column 28: SO MANY QUESTIONARIES:
In general for everybody, I guess all of these questions will be answered as NO. Right?? Just for confirmation...

I – 134 :

Column 7: I HAVE OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY, THE REASONABLE VALUE OF WHICH IS --------
Can we leave it blank or should we include the value of Car etc..

Column 11: (COMPLETE THIS BLOCK ONLY IF THE PERSON NAMED IN ITEM 3 WILL BE IN THE UNITED STATES TEMPORARILY).
We don’t need to touch this column. Right??

Thnaks in advance for your clarifications.

Best Regards,
Sam.

kumar_sam,

Hold it right there!

You are looking at the old version ( OF230 ) of the form.

You should now be filling the DS 230 Part II, and should have
sent the DS 230 Part I earlier. The first question you asked is
not there in the newer version.

Get the new form.

Your 2nd question pertains to Item # 30 in the new form and
it usually is no to all questions.

On I-134 put the value of your car / home and such info. and
carry documents

Raju

Re: Re: Q's in DS 230 & I 134

Hi Rahul and Raju,

Sorry for the confusion. I downloaded this form from Chennai consulate website(madras.sphynx.com..). It seems they did not uploaded the latest copy(which you guys recieved in packet 4)

I think all other forms of packet4 in this website also might be outdated.

Anyhow, thanks for your answers. Now I have the idea. I will fill it accordingly once I recieve the latest forms in Packet 4.

Thanks,
Sam.

You don't have to wait for them to arrive in Packet 4.

They are all over the internet. Search with string 'DS 230'.

If you have the full Adobe version you can actually fill it on the computer and take prints.

Otherwise take blank prints and fill in with hand. You don't have
to worry about the correct way of printing them. You can have
them on two sheets or print on one sheet back to back.(Part II).
Same way for Part I if you have not kept copies from earlier.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys...

We should have Chennai post the June list within a week. They have also replied to a few queries around this time of the month with appointment dates. Has anyone emailed them recently?

Re: Hi Guys...

Well,
If it goes as per last month, then we can expect the interview dates (with lots of hopes) by the end of this week.
For May cpers, they received on 9th Apr(as per thier postings!!). and consulate posted the interview dates on 11 th in the website.

So, I am planning to send a message on 7th or 8th.

If anybody already sent an e-mail, please share their response..

Regds,
Sam.

June CPers,

Last month I received the reply to my enquiry about the interview date on 9th of April. I remember atleast one other member who
got his date a day earlier.

So you should be OK to start emailing them starting from 6th or
7th. Hopefully you will get the response you want and also the
consulate would post the list early as they did last month!

Good luck.
Raju

I sent off an email to Chennai...

This afternoon-haven't heard back anything yet. Will update when I hear something.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the reply!

Yes, please check with us after May 15.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India
Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board)
Fax - 91-44- 28112020, 28112027
Website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 7:09 PM
To: ChennaiIV@state.gov
Subject: RE: Consular Processing

Dear Sir/Madam,
My case # is MDR2003XXXXXX; I had emailed you last month requesting an appt
on or after June24th-I have enclosed your reply. This email is a polite
reminder; If you have scheduled appointments for June already, I would very
much appreciate that information- so that I could make our travel
arrangements. Thank you very much.

Rajeev Kumar

It looks like the list is not yet ready. Will try again by the end of the week.

good luck

It is finally time. I am leaving to India tomorrow on a long vacation. I have to attend a family function in May and then the interview in June. I got my tickets through frequent flyer miles and hence do not know about any good deals that are out there.

I am not sure whether I will be able to access this forum frequently any more. Before leaving I just wanted to wish you all good luck and hope to see most of you on the date of interview. Thanks for all the great information in this forum. It has been a pleasure......

Regards

Air ticket

friends. i got a decent ait ticket deal from Ila for my wife ..

ila kothari
4445 design dr
sanjose, ca 95118

(408) 723-2100

she is good and helpful..

PCC

I just came back from Indian Consulate NewYork. They were telling that it will take 45 days to get the PCC ( I applied any way ), by that time I will have to attend the interview in Chennai. My passport is issued in 1999 so will I get PCC even before or will it take 45 days. Guru's please advice on this.

Re: PCC

Originally posted by VinnakotaGangadhar
I just came back from Indian Consulate NewYork. They were telling that it will take 45 days to get the PCC ( I applied any way ), by that time I will have to attend the interview in Chennai. My passport is issued in 1999 so will I get PCC even before or will it take 45 days. Guru's please advice on this.

The issue of PCC normally takes 40 to 45 days. Only exception would be , if the passport has been issued by Indian Consulate
New York, they they can issue the PCC in one day.

If the time is not sufficient, then collect the reference number
from the consulate and have some one back home pursue the
file at the passport office where your PP was issued.

If the Passport office in India replies back early then the Consulate can issue the PCC.

Raju

VinnakotaGangadhar,

You may try to hasten the process by having somebody go to your regional passport office and expedite a response back to the consulate. The consulate's timeline assumes that the passport office's response will be tardy. You can also search for posts by DMN-he got PCC within days from NYC-but his was a PCC renewal-after being told it would take 45 days. cheer up. Follow the forum closely so you can get all your requirements/documents in a timely fashion.

Re: PCC

Hi Gangadhar,
Are you applying for PCC first time?? If you are browsing this web, you would have know that PCC takes minimum 45 days. I don't know why you delayed in applying..

Anyway, if you get June interview, you should have your PCC on or before 20th( expecting your interive date will be between 24th and 30th).

As of my understanding from these forums, you can speed up the process by following up with passport office to get the clearance from them. Once you get the clearance from passport office, I guess, it is 1 day job to get the pcc.

Experienced gurus, may have more ideas ..

Hi INSVermount,
I wish you a pleasent trip along with smooth interview.

Immunization:
Yesterday I took immunization( MMR + tetunus+TB test). They gave me the medical record but they asked me to come again for second shot( of MMR & Tetunus) in next month. I thought it will be only once.
I don't know whether I have to take it again or is it o.k with one shot?? Any of you have any idea??

PS(advice): If you are going to take the shots, don't go with empty stomache. Have something and then take the shots. In my case I went to take that shots around 8.00 PM (I did not had anything after lunch).
After taking the shots, I become unconcious for about 1 minute. Later on I am o.k.
Nurse told me that for some people it happens if we take the shots with empty stomache. I don't now if it is the reason or I had any side effects for such madicine.

Regds,
Sam.

Sam,

You don't need booster shots for MMR and dT in a month. May be they asked you to come back for checking titers if there is any doubt; That is unnecessary as well. The only exception is if you have never been given a tetanus shot-highly unlikely!
You may find these interesting:
http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/46/11351
http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/2/449

Also, you don't have to take a TB skin test. Even in India, they do a chest Xray to check for TB and even if you take a film from here, they still will get that Xray-so, don't bother. The only other thing is, if you have never had chicken pox, you need varicella vaccine. Good luck.;)

Re: Sam,

Rajeev,
Thanks for the information. They asked me if I have any previous immunzation record. I said NO. Probably it is the reason why they scheduled for second one(may be only for Tetunus) I guess.(in the record they gave, they mentioned that my next immunization due date is in next month).
Anyway, I will take the current one and at the time of medicals(in India), if they ask me to take the second time, I will do so.

BTW,
Do you know if Dr.Vijayalaksmi takes the appointment after 4.30PM.
Is it possible to schedule doctor's appointment for the same day with lab test?

Regds,
Sam.

PCC QUESTIONS

Guys,
My case was forwarded to chennai on Apr-02-2003. Can u pls add me in your list(june probables list).
Also,
I am in the US right now. I thought it would be enough if I could get a PCC from the local police authorities where I stayed before I came to the USA. Looking at the posts it seems that I should get one from the local police authorities and one from the regional passport office. Can you please confirm??
I already obtained my PCC from the local police office. Should I now get my folks to go to the passport office in HYDERABAD and get it for me? Is it possible that way?
Many thanks
Dallasdude

An easier thing to do...

Would have been a PCC from the local Indian embassy. You would not have had to worry about getting these certificates in India. While the two certificates you mentioned are considered equal to PCC from the embassy, it all depends on the consular official who will be interviewing you. Most of us are just getting the PCC from the embassy.

dallasdude,

While I cannot say one way or the other ,whether the two PCCs
you are trying to get would work, one thing I can say is this is
a deviation from the accepted practice of getting the PCC from
the local Indian Consulate.

All the instructions say that, if you are currenlty living in US you
should get a PCC from the local Indian Consulate.

From the dates you mentioned it is certiain that you would get
your interview in the month of June.

If you decide to go for a local PCC you have barely enough time.
You need to act quick.

Otherwise take the PCCs you have in the hope that they would
suffice.

Raju