Likely JUNE CP at CHENNAI- track here!!!

tax returns

raju, bvganesh,
Thanks for ur quick replies. Actually I do not have any information abt my "3rd" year tax returns...not even w-2s. However I am going to the tax office to try my luck....will update you guys soon..

Also one more question?
I filed as "single" in my IV application. But now I am married. I called the chennai IV to ask them if I can come to the interivew with my wife. They said it's OK but asked me to send them a couple of docs..
1. Approval notice.
2. Copies of PPs(both of us).
3. copy of MC. and her local address..
I did not understand what "approval of notice" means..Does anyone know..

Finally, I did not give any local address for the P4 to be mailed. Where will I get the appt letter in that case? to my lawyers address?
i know thats' a lot of Qs.. sorry for the trouble
Thanks
dallasdude..

dallasdude,

1. Approval Notice: Send a copy of your I-140 approval notice.

rest as they asked.

If you have not given then your local address in India what your
attorney in US would get is just the Appointment letter.

Rest of the information in Packet 4 is just informatory, like instructions, blank medical form, additional copies of DS 230 and
so on.

They may send an additinal copy of the Appt. letter to you also.

Raju

Raju,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. That gives me big relief. I was worried when I heard from my lawyer that it does matter if the employer's financial reports are not audited. (any experiences?)

Yes, I agree with you. members should spend few mins of their time and post their post-interview experiences on this forum. It would be big + for members like us who will be going for an interview shortly.

Senior members POST your experiences.......

Re: Reply from Chennai consulate

Originally posted by kumar_sam
Hi Friends,

Here is their reply.

Anybody else got any reply today??
Who is sending a message today?? Let us know.

Regds,
Sam.

YOu may check the website on next tuesday.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India
Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board)
Fax - 91-44- 28112020, 28112027
Website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 11:03 PM
To: Chennai, IV
Subject: RE: Interview date

Sir,
Here is my
Case Number : YYYYYYYYYYYY
Primary applicant Name : XXXXXXXXXXXX

You asked me to check in Second week of May if the
interview dates are confirmed or not.

Can you please check for my case.

Thank you very much in advance,
XXXX.

I got the same reply from them this morning.

We need a volunteer for today!

I emailed them 2 days ago, Sam and nadan did it yesterday. If someone would volunteer to email Chennai today, it would help us get the schedule as soon as Chennai is ready with it, at any rate we should know by Monday!;)

PS make sure you drop a oneliner here to let others know if you are doing it today; and remember to update as soon as you get a reply back!

tax returns

Just an update. ...got all my copies of tax returns for the last 3 years from the local IRS office .. what a relief...all I had to do is JUST GO THERE AND ASK..:)
raju,
thanks for ur info abt the appt letter..
dallasdude

No Volunteers!

So, I took the gamble and emailed Chennai again-just now. The following is the text. Will keep you posted.

Dear Sir/Madam,
My case number is MDR2003XXXXXX. June being a peak travel month, airtickets are at a premium and I would appreciate if you could let me know when our interview will be so we could book our tickets at the earliest. Please reply. Thanks.

Rajeev Kumar

By the way, we still need a volunteer for tomorrow- if you are willing, post here first- so that there is no duplication. Then post the reply you receive. Thanks.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: No Volunteers!

Rajeev,
Thanks for sending the e-mail to Chennai. In this way we will know as soon as they confirmed the dates.

Seems like our other members of this probables list are busy. ;) . I don't know if they are checking (except 2 or 3 guys) our postings or neglecting our requests.. :confused: . I hope everybody will be in touch once we all know the confirmed dates.

PS: Since this is weekend, we have to wait until monday to know their reply to your e-mail. Based on that, somebody can send another email on Monday if necessary.

Regds,
Sam.

Yes...

I was hoping that they would reply to emails on Saturday- I haven't received a reply yet. They may reply by Monday morning. I have a feeling the schedule will be published by Monday night!;)

Re: Yes...

Originally posted by Rajeev Kumar
I was hoping that they would reply to emails on Saturday- I haven't received a reply yet. They may reply by Monday morning. I have a feeling the schedule will be published by Monday night!;)

I think they are waiting for the DOS to publish priority dates for June. Technically they can't release the interview dates before this happens. Most likely this may happen on Monday and the consulate will publish the dates right after that on Tuesday.

nadan,

You are right. The following is the link to the state Dept's visa bulletin; as of now it is still showing May numbers.

http://travel.state.gov/visa_bulletin.html

They had a cutoff of April 8 for May visas; so the cutoff for June has probably come and gone. The consulates will probably not publish the schedule until the visa bulletin is released. But remember, the consulates have been releasing the dates to individual petitioners by email 2-3 days before the visa bulletin and the schedules are online! Mumbai has released some dates already- VinCP for example. So, let's keep trying to pry this info from Chennai!;)

Interview confirmed on June 24th!!!

Just checked my email; Chennai has delivered! I had asked for a date on or after June 24th and they have given me June 24th. All June CPers should email Chennai if you want your dates ASAP. Good luck. I am starting a new thread for confirmed June interviewees; come join me when you are ready!:D

I forgot!!

Here is the email reply from Chennai!

Appt is on 24-JUN-2003

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India
Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board)
Fax - 91-44- 28112020, 28112027
Website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov

-----Original Message-----
Wrom: DJBLVLMHAALPT
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 8:06 AM
To: chennaiiv@state.gov
Subject: Consular Processing

Dear Sir/Madam,
My case number is MDRXXXXXXXXXX. June being a peak travel month, airtickets
are at a premium and I would appreciate if you could let me know when our
interview will be so we could book our tickets at the earliest. Please
reply. Thanks.

Rajeev Kumar
:D

Rajeev,

CONGRATS!!! you got your date...I will try to get mine by sending in an email. Thanks for the information....

ramsi_2000

Validity of PCC

Good news !! I have emailed chennai today.

I remember somebody (Rajeev?) mention earlier that
PCC from the local consulate cannot be more than 6 months old.
Could you please confirm if that's the case. I think I got my PCC the first week of Jan (and I need to check the exact date of issue). Kind of tight assuming a June 24th appt....

Regards,
Anand

Re: Validity of PCC

Originally posted by ansubram

Could you please confirm if that's the case. I think I got my PCC the first week of Jan (and I need to check the exact date of issue). Kind of tight assuming a June 24th appt....

Regards,
Anand

AnSubram,
As per my understanding from these postings, PCC validi for 6 months only(for Interview purpose). Look into other forums where SPP... postponed his interview just because of similar situation.
But, inyour case since it is just 2 or 3 weeks difference, it may be o.k but on safe side, it is better if you take a new one. If your local consulate is chicago, you can get a new pcc with in one day.(Some body got it recently, you can search in this forum).

Paralally, send a mail to Chennai consulate if the can accept if it is little bit older than 6 months.(Even if they respond positively, I don't think we can not rely on their words ).

Better thing is call your local embassy to know the procedure. And search the recent forums. There or 5 to 6 people who went thru this procedure recently.

Good luck,
Sam.

Regards,
Anand

Don't worry. If your PCC is issued in Jan then it will be six months old only in July. So you may be OK for a June interview. Mine is issued on Jan 15th and it should be valid till July 15th.

Re: Re: Validity of PCC

Originally posted by nadan
Don't worry. If your PCC is issued in Jan then it will be six months old only in July. So you may be OK for a June interview. Mine is issued on Jan 15th and it should be valid till July 15th.

Sorry, I am poor in calculations.. I thought it is more than 6 months.
Please ignore my previous suggestions....

Regds,
Sam.

Regards,
Anand

Let us assume you got your PCC on 2nd of Jan 2003.
Then it would be 5 months 22 days old when you present it'
at the Consulate.

So, what is the problem?? You should be fine!

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
Anand,

Just make sure that your PCC is not over six month on the date of interview - You are fine. If not get it now.

Chicago issues faster. New York is the worse. I have to re-schedule my interview date because of PCC. Thank God, American Embassy new Delhi says that I can walk in on any date in May but with all valid documents.