Likely JUNE CP at CHENNAI- track here!!!

appointment date

Friends,

mine is on June 25th....

is it good idea to request Chennai consulate to prepone the interview date? did anyone in the past requested? I am planning to go to India on may 23rd...so wanna get my appt date as early as possible and come back. Any suggestions?

ramsi_2000

Re: appointment date

Originally posted by ramsi_2000
Friends,

mine is on June 25th....

is it good idea to request Chennai consulate to prepone the interview date? did anyone in the past requested? I am planning to go to India on may 23rd...so wanna get my appt date as early as possible and come back. Any suggestions?

ramsi_2000

Replied to your same posting in the other thread (listed below) by Rajeev and myself.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=483948#post483948post483948

hi,

I mailed chennai yesterday about the interview date but i didnt get a reply yet. Is there anyone in the same boat?

Thanks,

GetMyGcCp

Hi friends,

Congrats!!!!!! to all who got their interview dates.

GetMyGcCp:

Even I mailed chennai yestarday, but no reply.

Thanks,

:( :( :(

Don't worry guys...

The consulate should be publishing the dates very soon; depending on when you sent your emails, it might have been past working hours for chennai! i am sure you will hear the good news very soon!!;)

Yes for me also the date is 26-June-2003 which they confirmed by email. But does anyone have ideas when do they publish the dates on the website. I believe they should have done it by now.

They will publish the dates overnight..

the official state dept visa bulletin was published yesterday- so most likely Chennai will publish the schedule during their working hours tonight; we should get it tomorrow. All those with confirmed June appts start posting in the 'Confirmed June CP@Chennai' thread. Good luck!;)

Interview Date

I mailed chennai last night and by today morning I got the reply my interview date is on 25th June.

Here's the reply

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India
Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board)
Fax - 91-44- 28112020, 28112027
Website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov

After the CP interview :confused:

Suppose your interview is in Chennai. Can you leave after the interview or are you needed in Chennai later also? Basically when can we plan to return to return from Chennai after the interview?

Re: After the CP interview :confused:

Originally posted by aronline
Suppose your interview is in Chennai. Can you leave after the interview or are you needed in Chennai later also? Basically when can we plan to return to return from Chennai after the interview?

I would give a day or two after the interview. Just in case if the name is misspelled or something is not right, that will give you time to get back to consulate to set things right.

My 2 cents.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Friends,

I got a reply from Chennai consulate confirming my interview date on 25th June, 2003.

Thanks,

To guess approximate interview time frame

Hello VinnakotaGangadhar/Raj

Can you please tell me when your case was sent from NVC to Chennai. Mine was sent on April 24th and wanted to guess the approximate time when my appointment could be.

thanks a lot!!

Photographs...

Thinks to all folks...this thread is really helpful in understanding list of docs rqd for CP.

Can some one suggest me if we have to take photographs here in US or are there any specific places in chennai for CP?

THanks,
d_md

Re: Photographs...

Originally posted by d_md
Thinks to all folks...this thread is really helpful in understanding list of docs rqd for CP.

Can some one suggest me if we have to take photographs here in US or are there any specific places in chennai for CP?

You may take passport and immigration photograhs here in US or in Chennai. It's at your convenience.

There is a ton of information about Chennai CPers here on this forum. Just dig in.

THanks,
d_md