Likely JUNE CP at CHENNAI- track here!!!

Name difference in transcripts

Hi,

During the interview, will they verify names and other things on our transcripts?

There is a small mistake in my B.Tech Transcripts. Each year we get 1 transcript during B.Tech. For first three years of my marks sheets/transcripts, my last name is wrong.
i.e for e.g, if my last name should be "Nadi". But it printed as "Nadhi". In final year transcript, and in my M.Tech transcripts, name is o.k.

Will it create any problem during interview. Do you feel it is better to get any supporting document from my University(I am not sure if I can get any such document or not from the university, in India)

Please advise,

Regds,
Sam.

I have not come across of trascript/degree verficication in CP process. I have been seriously following this forum for CP discussion for the past 12 months.

You may keep some secondary documentation to avoid possible problems.

What kind of documentation is needed to cover this kind of issue? what if I have this.. document? Will this be sufficient...>>> etc.. etc.. could be your next questions, I guess!!

I have the same question in mind because no where in the process of CP (from Labor cert, I-140, Packet 3-NVC process) I have submitted proof of my Educational documents!!

Thanks
Puliraju

Hello,

My attorney says that my P3 was forwarded to Chennai on April'02. Could you tell me what is the approximate CP date I could expect? Also can I call the chennai consulate to confirm the arrival of my documents?

I should concede that I haven't been up-to-date on the workings of this process and have a "basic question".

Has there been a change in the CP process recently? For eg. I didn't understand what's meant by "Fee Bill Generated by NVC"
as one member mentioned. My 140 was approved as early as April'02 and not sure if that has something to do with it. Any pointers to the latest flow of the CP process would be appreciated.

When to send email for P4 to be sent to India address?

Friends,

As per the Chennai consualte's reply, Interview might be in June.
When can we send an email to chennai, requesting them to send a copy of p4 , interview letter to Indian address?

Will they send a copy to the US address(as in ds230) any way!!

Thanks

Re: When to send email for P4 to be sent to India address?

Originally posted by hellogc
Friends,

As per the Chennai consualte's reply, Interview might be in June.
When can we send an email to chennai, requesting them to send a copy of p4 , interview letter to Indian address?

Will they send a copy to the US address(as in ds230) any way!!

Thanks

hellogc,
You can send a mail to Chennai consulate mentioning your local address in india. Once your packet reaches to them, they will note down your local address. I guess your's already went to Chennai. So you can send the address now itself. You don't need to wait until they publish the interview dates. I already sent my local address 10 days back and they sent me a reply saying that they noted down my address.

In anycase, they will send the p4 only after confirming your interview date. If you see the "Confirmed May...thread", you can observe that some of them still waiting to get their P4.

If you request to send P4 to local address, I don't think they will send the copy to US address. Can anybody confirm this??

Regds,
Sam.

Originally posted by ansubram
Hello,

My attorney says that my P3 was forwarded to Chennai on April'02. Could you tell me what is the approximate CP date I could expect? Also can I call the chennai consulate to confirm the arrival of my documents?

I should concede that I haven't been up-to-date on the workings of this process and have a "basic question".

Has there been a change in the CP process recently? For eg. I didn't understand what's meant by "Fee Bill Generated by NVC"
as one member mentioned. My 140 was approved as early as April'02 and not sure if that has something to do with it. Any pointers to the latest flow of the CP process would be appreciated.

Hi ansubram,
Welcome to this group. I think your's also will be in June as per the current trend. My case also forwarded to Chennai on Apr'2nd. I sent an e-mail to them (chennaiiv@state.gov) and they sent a reply saying that interview could be in "June". They also confirmed that they received my case.
You can als send an e-mail if you prefer.Otherwise you can also call them.

Regds,
Sam

Continue..Name difference in transcripts

Originally posted by Puliraju
I have not come across of trascript/degree verficication in CP process. I have been seriously following this forum for CP discussion for the past 12 months.

You may keep some secondary documentation to avoid possible problems.

What kind of documentation is needed to cover this kind of issue? what if I have this.. document? Will this be sufficient...>>> etc.. etc.. could be your next questions, I guess!!

I have the same question in mind because no where in the process of CP (from Labor cert, I-140, Packet 3-NVC process) I have submitted proof of my Educational documents!!

Thanks
Puliraju

Hi PUliraju,
Thank you for your reply. But in DS 230 II, there is a column ( 33) with Documents to be submitted. It shows "Educational Records" also. So I think we will submit the transcript copies. Only thing is will they check the transcripts one by one or not??

Any second thought??

Thanks,
Sam.

Sam,

Don't worry about the spelling of your last name-proper names can be spelled differently. They may ask for original and or copies of your educational qualifications-so, better carry them for the interview.

Educational Certificates

I agree with the posts above!

Normally they do not check your educational certificates. Even if
they do, you can easily explain the disparity.

Do not worry about this.

Raju

kumar_sam,

Thanks for compiling the list. My case was sent to Chennai on Apr 2 2003 and got a reply to my email saying that my appointment would likely be in June. Please update the list.

Yeah, I agree with you if all of us can share our information it would be nice. I checked the ticket price for May 30th from Chicago to Hyd and I got it for $1375.

Friends, please share your experiences.......

My appln was sent to Chennai on April2nd.

I am trying to find a good fare for mid June travel- preferably after June 19th. The fares seem to go up after June 13th by 300-400 dollars roundtrip! Chicago-Bangalore seems to be costing $1700 + taxes! Anybody with better fares for these dates-please post.

Re: My appln was sent to Chennai on April2nd.

Originally posted by Rajeev Kumar
I am trying to find a good fare for mid June travel- preferably after June 19th. The fares seem to go up after June 13th by 300-400 dollars roundtrip! Chicago-Bangalore seems to be costing $1700 + taxes! Anybody with better fares for these dates-please post.

You are right. The fares to India start going up from the last week
of May. I think around 24th of May they increase by about $200.

And then again in the middle of June they increase again. This is
the school vacation time in US.

The following is the contact email of a travel agent whose service I liked and he gave me good deal for my May journey. If you like
you can contact him:

Mukesh Kanakia
email: smkca@attbi.com

Raju

travel agent

I am using frequent flier miles for my trip in June. So I have not checked prices for myself. But I have a friend who is flying from Saint Louis to Bangalore through Chicago around May 2nd week and coming back around June 4th week. He is paying $1198. If you are flying from Chicago you might get a better deal. Here are the travel agents details

Name - Srikhant
Agency - Top Value Travel, NY
Phone - 212 2510667

The other agent he tried was

Name - Yogini
Agency - Travel Pro Inc
Phone - 732 7274447

Hope this helps. Good luck..

Thanks Guys!

I will try calling them tomorrow. So far, my best deal for June 20th has been air india at $1700 + tax; Hopefully we will get a better deal!

Tried all the travel agents...

the best deal still is $1700 + tax with Air India. I will probably wait a few more days before blocking tickets and then as soon as our dates are out, confirm tickets.

Updated list

Hi Friends,
It is long time since we saw any posting from some of the guys from this list.. What happend? I think they are silently viewing the forum.

Hope everybody might have started their research for tickets. If not, start immediately, You might have seen Rajeev's postings. It is a bit difficult to travel in June(especially after 13th June). Also, please share your findings about the tickets so that it will be useful for others.

Here is the updated list.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
User ID Date (Case sent to Chennai)

INSvermont : March 27th
nadan : March 27th
sv4G : March 27th
hellogc : Apr 2nd
kumar_sam : Apr 2nd
Noproblem : Apr 2nd
Rajeev Kumar : Apr 2nd
ramsi_2000 : Apr 2nd
VinnakotaGangadhar: Apr 2nd
Bhagawathi : Case entered in to the system on March 18th
Chennupandu : Case entered in to the system on March 3rd
spulapak : ??

Regds,
Sam.

Re: Updated list

Please add me to the list:
ansubram : April 2nd.

I emailed chennai and they said everything is in order and that I should check with them after May 12th for the interview date.

Thanks.

Originally posted by kumar_sam
Hi Friends,
It is long time since we saw any posting from some of the guys from this list.. What happend? I think they are silently viewing the forum.

Hope everybody might have started their research for tickets. If not, start immediately, You might have seen Rajeev's postings. It is a bit difficult to travel in June(especially after 13th June). Also, please share your findings about the tickets so that it will be useful for others.

Here is the updated list.

User ID Date (Case sent to Chennai)

INSvermont : March 27th
nadan : March 27th
sv4G : March 27th
hellogc : Apr 2nd
kumar_sam : Apr 2nd
Noproblem : Apr 2nd
Rajeev Kumar : Apr 2nd
ramsi_2000 : Apr 2nd
VinnakotaGangadhar: Apr 2nd
Bhagawathi : Case entered in to the system on March 18th
Chennupandu : Case entered in to the system on March 3rd
spulapak : ??

Regds,
Sam.

Tickets

Guys,

I am trying to book tickets for June 7th and they are costing me 1350/- each on AirIndia via France, Mumbai to Hyderabad. Is there any better deal than this. I tried 4 travel agencies and this is the best I could get. One of them is saying that if I can pull the date to June 5th or before I might get the tickets for 100/- less.

By the way the rate above is thru an Agency in Chicago one of my friends has recommended them to me.

Bye,
Gangadhar

Question reg. Designation - EVL.

Hi all,

I have a doubt regarding Employment letter. Can you give your opinion on this??

History:

Actually my designation in the company is Senior Software Engineer. When ever I take experience letter from my company, my designation will be clearly mentioned in it as "SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER".
In last July, when I applied for my Wife's H4 also, Chennai consulate asked for my employment letter, and I sent it with my designation with "SENIOR ...".

When my company applied for Labour clearance(for GC), they applied with my designation as "SOFTWARE ENGINEER".
REASON: My attorney told that, for my salary range, if we put as "Senior ..." it may be a problem in clearing LC. Hence through out my GC processing( i.e for I 140 and for DS 230 ), I was continuing with "SOFTWARE ENGINEER"

NOW for Interview:
Logically, it is better/consistant if employment letter mentions my designation as just "SOFTWARE ENGINEER". But it contradicts with my old employment letter which I provided for Chennai Consulate during my wife's H4 processing.

If they won't check the old documents, then I prefer to take the letter with just "Software Engineer".
Please advise.

Thank you in advance,
Sam.

kumar_sam ,

It would be more of a requirement than a preference.

Take the employment letter with the position exactly as
mentioned in the LC and the subsequent I-140.

I do not think they would cross check with your old exp.
letters.

Raju