Likely JUNE CP at CHENNAI- track here!!!

my wife didn't change her name..

My Attorney asked me to add it to the passport. I m not sure, if its mandatory.
You can do it in chennai..it takes an hour itseems at the passport office.

Thanks for your wishes..hope things go fine from now..

Hi Rajeev,

I am also sailing in the same boat. I checked with NVC y'day and heard the following AVM 'your case was completed on March 25th, you will receive further instructions in 8 weeks'.

Me too going for Chennai consulte for CP. We can be in touch with each other exchanging views and comments. I am from Hyd and residing in Chicago....u?

Thanks,

Ramsi

Ramsi_2000,

I am from Bangalore and reside in Chicago. You can leave a private message with your email address and we can communicate.

Reagarding vaccination

Hi all,

Today I checked the AVM message and it is saying that "My case was completed on 28th March & wait for 6 to 8 weeks for further instructions..." something like that..

As per the current trend, I am also expecting the June interview. :)

I think right now 5 or 6 of this group heard this magic words. Good luck for the remaining people.

Can some one please tell if it is o.k if we take vaccination more than one month before the interview. I am planning to take sometime around May 10th(because my wife is planning to India at that time)

Is it o.k or is there any time restrictions for vaccination?? please clarify me.

By the way, when should we contact chennai consulate for giving our local address for Packet 4??

Thanks,
Sam

kumar_sam,

Congratulations on completion of the review.

You are almost certain to have your interview in June.

So, completing the medical process about a month in advance
of the interview date is ok. You can get it done.

Wait for about 12 days from March 28th to contact the Consulate
to give your Indian address for packet 4. The NVC takes roughly
a week to send it and another 3 to 4 days for the transit and
entry.

Raju

Congrats Sam,

Now wait to hear the message that 'your case has been forwarded to the consulate' and then give them a week to get the case and enter it into the system before calling. You will certainly make it to chennai in June. ;)

Originally posted by Raju595
kumar_sam,

Congratulations on completion of the review.

You are almost certain to have your interview in June.

So, completing the medical process about a month in advance
of the interview date is ok. You can get it done.

Wait for about 12 days from March 28th to contact the Consulate
to give your Indian address for packet 4. The NVC takes roughly
a week to send it and another 3 to 4 days for the transit and
entry.

Raju

kumar_sam,
Congratulations on completion of the review and congratulate me too because I have just found out that my review has also been completed in 9 days.

What does it actually mean by review? What do they review? Does it mean that all documents and entries are tellied or what?

My attorney had sent all originals like PCC, BC and MC along with Packet 3. I believe that they had asked for those. (I work for a multinational company and corporate attorney has full control. I don't know why? and I act as a dummy.) What will be the next step before they send my case to consulate. I have read in another thread that file goes to Washington and then comes back, some sort of this information. I think it was thread for Montreal interview (the new one). Could some one elaborate that for me. Is that true for all consulates?

is anybody in same situation ?

I will be completing 8 weeks after receipt by NVC on Apr 2nd. Is anybody in same boat ?

New J1

Your documents were reviewed by NVC and found to be without any errors/gaps and they will now be forwarding your file to chennai. The Washington transfer does not apply to us. Expect an interview in June. I did not send my PCC with my packet 3. Make sure you carry at least a duplicate with you to the interview-just in case it does not get forwarded to the consulate. Good luck.

New J1,

I have heard about the need to send the originals along with
Packet 3 only in the case of US consulates in Canada. However
it is possible that this rule applies to some othe consulates also.

From your post it is not evident which consulate you belong to.

Though the NVC can ask for these documents with Packet 3, I have not come across actual inicidents of candidates sending
ORIGINAL , PCC, BC and MC along with packet 3.

Sometimes the attorneys' like to see the documents with their
eyes before they send the file to NVC. In such case the attorney's
office would return all the originals to you, when they prepare
the file for you to carry to interview.

If on the otherhand, they have actually sent the documents to
NVC, you have to hope that they get forwarded to the Consualte.
Then you have not other choice than carrying the copies.

Raju

I agree with Raju

I agree with Raju595.

When I received the Packet 3 from the NVC, the instruction *CLEARLY* says that I *SHOULD NOT* send PCC, MC, BC etc but the instruction helps me to prepare all these documents when I go to the respective consulate.

As per the instruction, I have sent only the *COMPLETED DS230 Part I" for each applicant. I *have not* sent any other document like PCC, MC, BC etc.

My lawyer too had insisted that I should get PCC, BC, MC before sending Packet 3 to NVC. (Since I am the one who handles my case after my ACL, I took her words as a mere 'note for preparation' instead)

I am not sure anyone else in this fourm, who had sent packet 3 recently, had just sent *only* completed ds230 part I. If so please share ur feedback.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

I am new to this thread. My case review is comleted by NVC on 28th March. I have opted for chennai interview. Category - EB1.

Dates :

Received Packet 3 from NVC - Jan 25 2003
Send Packet 3 to NVC - Mar 05 2003
NVC Received Date - Mar 11 2003
NVC Completed Date – Mar 28 2003

I was worring my case may get REF. Just a week back I noticed my lawyer has put just 'IT' in occupataion in DS230. Also my current employment position not mentioned.

I am surprised to see review got completed and NVC took less time than my lawyer took to send packet 3.

My case is a unique case, I have lived in multiple countries for more than 6 months. Currently at India for last than 10 months.
Just one dependent ( Wife ).

:)

Requested for SR

I requested to put a Service Request for my review today ( 8 weeks passed, P3 submitted on Feb 5, 2003 ). Can I expect a Jun interview if it is processed ( and review completes without any problem ) ? I think I am on border.
:(

Reply to Ganesh & question reg.H1

Hi Raju & Rajeev,
Thanks for clarifying the doubts.

New J1,
Congratulations for completing the major step in Packet 3 processing.

Ganesh,
I sent my packet 3 on 10th March and I sent only DS 230 part 1. And the review of my case was completed on 28th March. I am sure that we have to send DS 230 form only( but I don't know for Canada consulate). As you said, it clearly mentioned in the instructons of Packet3 also.

Friends,
I need your valuable suggestion. Please reply to my doubt.

As I said, review of my case was completed on 28th and expecting the June interview.

My H1 is expiring in July. I am thinking that it is better to apply for the extension now it self(for safe side). My question is : is it o.k to apply for the extension or not. Will there be any problem in INS because of my green card processing which is almost at the final stage. If I apply for H1 now, will I get it by may end??

Thanks & Regds,
sam.

kumar_sam,

With the time line you quoted, you are certain to have your
CP interview in the month of June.

If you submit your passport for re-validation to St.Louis now
(1st week of April) , no one can say in certain, whether you will
get back your Passport by end of May ( in 7 weeks. )

If the process at St.Louis is not complete by that time, you will
be forced to take the 'Emergency withdrawl' process to get back
your Passport. It will be returned without the re-validation.

Let us look at the other side.

You know, if your inteview is successful then you do not need
the H1 Visa stamping.

If the consulate finds that some documents are required for
granting your Immigration status, they allow the candidate
to come to US for collecting such document.

In such case you can request for H1 Visa stamping get it.

If on the otherhand, the reason for GC refusal is something bigger, then, a visa stamp in the PP is of no use to you, because they would not allow you to come back to US anyway.

But as I see it , in view of the risk of holding up your PP at
St.Louis, you can go to your interview without attempting
the re-validation here. You should not have any issues at
the inteview.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree

with Raju's assessment, furthermore, If you are planning on applying for H-1b renewal for the sole purpose of staying within legal status, you can do that days before your status expires-so no need to hurry.

Continue... reg..H1B

Thanks for your inputs.

I was thinking that they will ask for the passport only if we want the visa stamp. Please clarify me if I am wrong.

I just want to apply for extension. Once we get the approval I will be safe. We need the visa stamp only if we go out ot U.S. This extension is just for safe side and needed if I won't get the interview either in June or in July( I strongly pray that it shouldn't happen).

What do you say friends.

Regds,
Sam

Re: Continue... reg..H1B

Originally posted by kumar_sam
Thanks for your inputs.

I was thinking that they will ask for the passport only if we want the visa stamp. Please clarify me if I am wrong.

I just want to apply for extension. Once we get the approval I will be safe. We need the visa stamp only if we go out ot U.S. This extension is just for safe side and needed if I won't get the interview either in June or in July( I strongly pray that it shouldn't happen).

What do you say friends.

Regds,
Sam

My H1B petition ends in June and the attorney has already filed for extension. I am also expecting a June interview in Chennai. You don't have to send original passport for H1B extension. My recommendation is not to get it stamped here. Take the approval notice to India with you and get it stamped there (if required).

kumar_sam,

I am sorry, I mis-read your post.

If it is your H1B extension they do not need your passport.

You can go ahead and apply for your H1. I suspect whether you
would get the approval in two months.

Even if you do not have it in hand, this does not affect your
GC interview.

Raju

It is taking between 4 and 5 months for H1 approvals inclusing extensions/renewals. You can apply right now and keep the receipt notice for your records.

The receipt notice will also serve as a proof of your continued employment and "intended continued employment". You need not have H1 approval on hand. I am sure you will not get H1 approval within 3 months. In our company, there are 12 H1 extension approvals pending for the last 4 months (including myself).

Thanks,
Puliraju