Likely JUNE CP at CHENNAI- track here!!!

PCC

Bhagawati,
I applied for my PCC on 2/13/03 at Chicago Consulate thru priority mail. They called and said our PCCs were ready last week. Both our passports were issued from Chicago-may be it's faster that way. But they also mentioned a 'telex fee' which tells me they did contact Bangalore passport office. In any case, I have to send our passports to be stamped. Hope your PCC comes thru soon. Good luck.

Bhagawati,

Keep calling the consulate atleast weekly... if they don't hear back from the Chennai passport office within 6 weeks, thay may be able to issue PCC on their own.

Called the Indian consulate in Chicago .Since 45 days have passed since I applied for the PCC,they will be sending another telex to Chennai and she said they will be able to issue the PCC just one month before the probable date of interview.
So much relieved on this assurance from the lady staffer.
Thanks.

Will the war have any effect on our consular process?,Will there be any delays?.I hope there is no delay.

Travel concerns...

Most airlines have already cancelled their flights to the gulf region. Even though this should not affect travel to India, some gulf based airlines will not be able to serve Indian passengers. Add this to possible change in routes for other airlines and we are looking at PRICE INCREASES! Hopefully the war will end quickly and without bloodshed.

Checked the avm just now My info keyed into the system on March 18th.And the avm says it takes six to eight weeks for review .It has taken just five days for my case to be entered into the system from the date of receipt of packet 3 at the NVC.
I think things are moving fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Bhagawati,

Originally posted by Rajeev Kumar
My P3 reached NVC on March 4th(tracking info). NVC automated line says they received it on March 10th. I am assuming that this means my P3 has been entered into their system. Did you receive your P3 back from NVC?

Does it mean that when AVM confirms the reciept of packet 3, it has already been entered into the system?

From FedEx confirmation, NVC recieved my packet 3 last week but AVM did not confirm it till yesterday. Now AVM confirms its reciept and says that it will take 6 to 8 weeks for review. Does it mean that information has already been put into the system at this time?

I would appreciate any input.

Since AVM says it will take six to eight weeks to review your case I assume my case details has been entered into the system.Review is the next step after the case is being entered into the system.
Thanks.

New J1

Welcome to this thread. Yes, your P3 has been entered into NVC system, at the present pace, you may expect your P3 reviewed in 10-14 days. Are you a physician on J1 waiver? Are you going to Chennai for CP? Just to satisfy my curiosity.

Re: New J1

Originally posted by Rajeev Kumar
Welcome to this thread. Yes, your P3 has been entered into NVC system, at the present pace, you may expect your P3 reviewed in 10-14 days. Are you a physician on J1 waiver? Are you going to Chennai for CP? Just to satisfy my curiosity.

Rajeev,

No, I am not a physician and New J1 is just my nick name. No connection to J1 status. Thanks for the welcome note. I am a silent viewer for long time. Today I tried to put my data in cptracker.com and found out that it is down again.

Re: Re: Bhagawati,

Originally posted by New J1
Does it mean that when AVM confirms the reciept of packet 3, it has already been entered into the system?

From FedEx confirmation, NVC recieved my packet 3 last week but AVM did not confirm it till yesterday. Now AVM confirms its reciept and says that it will take 6 to 8 weeks for review. Does it mean that information has already been put into the system at this time?

Yes. It means that your case has been entered into the NVC computer system. The next update in your case will that the review was complete on such date and your case will be forwarded to the US Consulate in few weeks.

I would appreciate any input.

Rajeev Kumar,
Hope your review will be completed soon,I think it is ten days since your case entered the system.

Still waiting..

Same old message on NVC automated line. I should not be complaing though given that for some people it has taken the full 8 weeks!

Hello All

Hi,
I am a new member to this forum. It is really a good web site for us to exchange the information and to know each other.

Right now my case is with NVC ( they received my Ds-230 on 13th March - As per AVM)
Hence, I am also expecting June interview, if NVC(New Hampshire) is faster than 8 weeks.

I have a question.

After my marriage, I did not change my wife's family name in her passport. Is it necessary to change it now for the interview?

Regards,
sam

Wife can have her family name

Wife can keep her (before marriage) family name in the passport and every where else. There will be no problem if she doesn't change her last name to your lastName.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Hi Sam,

Welcome to our thread!
Your wife can keep her maiden name as long as she wants-just don't use both names(maiden and married) in any official paperwork to avoid complications.
If your AVM message was updated on 3/13, your P3 has been entered into the system on that date. You are likely to get a June interview. Good luck.

PCC

Went to Chicago consulate yesterday in am... Paid the fees and submitted our passports. The clearance from Passport office in Bangalore had come through 2 weeks ago. However the consulate officer told me to return in the afternoon to pick up the PPs! Bureaucracy never leaves our lives. I paid an extra $16 for her to mail the PPs and PCC back to me by fedex. Should get it in 2-3 days.