Likely JUNE CP at CHENNAI- track here!!!

Raju,

My question is which LIN number we have to use to find the NVC Case number. The one I have right now is the LIN number I got along with my I140 which I used to track my I140.
Now since I140 is approved do I get a new LIN number along with Approval Notice or should I use the LIN number that I used for tracking my I140.

Thanks.

I have mailed my completed DS-230 PART -1 along with the barcoding sheet to the NVC,by airborne express and being saturday they said it will be delivered on tuesday.
I have a doubt.
Do we have to write the case number in the DS-230
PART-1 .
I have sent the DS-230 PART-1 for me and my wife.
What is I-864 and do we have to follow it up with the employer?
I am hoping for a june interview.

Originally posted by Bhagawati
I have mailed my completed DS-230 PART -1 along with the barcoding sheet to the NVC,by airborne express and being saturday they said it will be delivered on tuesday.
I have a doubt.
Do we have to write the case number in the DS-230
PART-1 .
I have sent the DS-230 PART-1 for me and my wife.
What is I-864 and do we have to follow it up with the employer?
I am hoping for a june interview.

The NVC advises that the case number be written on top of every paper. But since, you have already sent it, do not worry about it.

I-864 is the affidavit of support for Family based Immigrant visas.
This is not generally applicable for employment visas.

Raju

I forgot to write the case number on my and my wife's
application.It was an oversight inspite of trying to be careful.Now can I call NVC after tuesday and inform them of this so that they can take note of this.Is it going to cause undue delay.Anybody experienced such a situation

I thought since the case number is in the barcode sheet,that will take care of the two applications.(mine and my wife's).

Oh,God another cause for worry after crossing so many milestones in this CP process!

Others in the process please take note to write the case number in all documents.

Case number on all papers

Bhagwati,

Calling NVC to inform that you forgot to write the case number on each paper will not have any effect.

The reason its safe to write the case number is, if by chance your case get mixed up with others it will be easy to sort it. But since most docs have case number, it shouldn't matter because it will be only your docs without case numbers on upper right hand side of the docs.

So don't worry too much about it. You will be OK.

But in future make sure you read all the instructions before sending the docs in hurry. Proof read all the entries in the doc atleast three times (in different sittings) and have another set of eyes look at your docs also.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Bhagwati,

I think you are fine..

My review was completed on March 3, 03. I also had not written my case number on application or on attachment.

Wrioting case number on application is recommended but not mandatory.

hope this helps

I have stopped my package being delivered at NVC .I hope to get it back on tuesday so that I can mark all the documents with my case number.I wanted to avoid unneccesary delays and the case being lost because I had not written the case number on the documents.
Better late by a few days or a month than being delayed by months together.
Thanks for your help.

Don't worry!

Even if you are delayed by a week, if the present pace continues at NVC, you are on target for an interview in June.

yes rajiv you are right i will be just in time for june interview if everything goes at the present speed.Thanks.

hopefully june/july interview

i had sent the packet 3 on sat for myself and mywife.
hope the review goes fine..
thanks Raju, cpdelhi and others for helping to fill the application..

How many days has it taken to be keyed into the system,Rajiv?.I wish you pass the review stage also soon.
Good luck.

10 to 14 days

It takes about 10 to 14 business days to get Packet 3 info to be entered into the NVC Computer system after the Packet 3 receipt date at NVC.

Thanks.

Bhagawati,

My P3 reached NVC on March 4th(tracking info). NVC automated line says they received it on March 10th. I am assuming that this means my P3 has been entered into their system. Did you receive your P3 back from NVC?

yes I received it from airborne people on tuesday and have sent it by usps express mail today ,It will reach nvc tomorrow noon.
Thanks and good luck.

correction in ds230

I had sent the P3 to NVC.
They haven't entered in to the system.

My attorney said I should have filled some items more clearly..
Item 11 and 14..

11. Address in the United States where you want your Permanent Resident Card
(Green Card) mailed, if different from address in item #10 (include the name
of
a person who currently lives there).

I filled "(N/A) "

14 . Address of spouse (If different from your own):

I filled "N/A"

Since My permanent address is in Item 10...

I should have said "same as Item 10"
Stupid mistake..

Any one has corrected this with NVC or is it OK?
Can I send a Fax with case number and the Item Numers with the
correct details/wait for NVC to send it back ?

Thanks

Re: correction in ds230

Originally posted by hellogc
I had sent the P3 to NVC.
They haven't entered in to the system.

My attorney said I should have filled some items more clearly..
Item 11 and 14..

11. Address in the United States where you want your Permanent Resident Card
(Green Card) mailed, if different from address in item #10 (include the name
of
a person who currently lives there).

I filled "(N/A) "

14 . Address of spouse (If different from your own):

I filled "N/A"

Since My permanent address is in Item 10...

I should have said "same as Item 10"
Stupid mistake..

Any one has corrected this with NVC or is it OK?
Can I send a Fax with case number and the Item Numers with the
correct details/wait for NVC to send it back ?

Thanks

You mentioning 'N/A' is proper. When the box clearly says
' if different' then the right answer is 'Not Applicable'.

While saying 'same as Item 10' is a more clear expression,
saying 'N/A' is not wrong.

You dont' need to do anything.

Raju

Hi Rajiv and other june CPers,
Are you all getting ready with the PCC .I applied at the Chicago consulate on january 30th and till date there is no reply.The consulate staffers say they have not heard anything from Chennai for a long time.
What can be done?.I heard they issue PCC here itself if 45 days have passed and they hear nothing from Chennai.
Any ideas on this please!