Likely JUNE CP at CHENNAI- track here!!!

PCC issue

Rajeev,

This is normal. You have to submit the Passport in the morning
and you get it back between 1.30 - 3.00PM.

I had to do the same thing, in San Francisco.

May be you thought you would get it across the counter.

Raju

PCC issue

Raju,
I live in a suburb of Chicago-took me 2 hrs roundtrip to get to the consulate. All they have to do is stamp the passport and issue the PCC which was ready. I know that they have protocols, but this one did not make sense to me. I received the passports and PCC today by fedex. That was fast. I am happy that step is over!

Rajeev I am waiting for the good news of your review completion.I too live in a Chicago suburb.
I am planning to get the PCC from consulate in may,till now no word from Chennai passport office.They are going to send another reminder to CHennai.If they dont get any reply they will issue PCC,and I hope to get it in may one month in advance of my expected interview.

Re: PCC issue

Originally posted by Rajeev Kumar
Raju,
I live in a suburb of Chicago-took me 2 hrs roundtrip to get to the consulate. All they have to do is stamp the passport and issue the PCC which was ready. I know that they have protocols, but this one did not make sense to me. I received the passports and PCC today by fedex. That was fast. I am happy that step is over!

Rajeev,

I am happy that you got your PP safely in your hand.

Just so that you know, mine was 2 hour drive to San Francisco
too. I had to take a day off to take care of this. In fact I had
to do this 2 times, once for my wife and the second day for
myself, because only after going there they told me I needed
a new passport.

We can live with these kind of small inconveniences as long as
the end result is good.

Raju

AVM Message ...

I got this message from AVM..

"your case has been completed on mar 24 . pl. wait 8 weeks from this date for further instructions."

what does this mean? Is the Review Completed?

Chronology of events(if it makes any sense)..

fee bill sent to NVC jan 20
p3 sent by NVC feb 05
p3 received by attorney feb 2nd week
p3 sent to nvc mar 10
entered in to the system mar 13
completed mar 24

Also,
Friends we need include spouse name in to our passport Vice versa (done at the indian consulate in US itself for 10$/passport)
if you club it with the PCC trip to consulate, another headache will be over.

you need a photocopy of marriage certificate and a application form(In SFO, we used the same application for PCC and this)

Takes a day..

Review is complete

hellogc,

The review of your Packet 3 is completed on March 24th.

Now wait for about 6 to 9 days for the NVC to send the file
to your Consulate.

Raju

Congrats hellogc!

Yes, your review is done. My P3 was entered on 3/10. Hopefully it will be reviewed soon. Bhagawati, I am sure that you will get your PCC in time. Don't worry. Raju, thanks for your input. After I got home, I checked the DHL packet, they had prepared the PCC after I paid the fees and had the asst consular general sign it-so that explains the delay. Anyway, that step is over.

Congrats hellogc.
I still do not understand why my case was not reviewed. My case was received on Feb 5, even now I hear from AVM the same dreaded message " Allow us 6 to 8 weeks to review....". I requested the operator for SR, she refused asking me wait till Apr 1st. I already blocked my tickets for June. :(

Review Completed!

Heard the magic words just now-I guess they update the AVM after work hours-earlier today the message still had the '6-8 weeks' on; but at 9pm central, had changed to 'your case was completed on March 25th, you will receive further instructions in 8 weeks'. Now I can prepare for a June interview. My P3 was received by NVC on March 4th, entered into their system on 3/10, reviewed on 3/25. Good luck to the rest of the group-I am sure we will all get June interviews!

Congratulations Rajeev.Actually I was praying that your review should be completed on time and I am next in line.Good luck Hope to see you in Chennai June.

Congrats...

Rajeev,

Wonderful news!!! I am sure you will get the June interview date.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Hellogc wrote :
Friends we need include spouse name in to our passport Vice versa (done at the indian consulate in US itself for 10$/passport)

Is this mandatory . Can anyone clarify about this.

Raja

Spouse name in you passport not mandatory

Originally posted by kant
Hellogc wrote :

Is this mandatory . Can anyone clarify about this.

You don't have to get your's spouse's name on your passport. It is not a requirement anywhere.

Raja

Congrats

hellogc and Rajeev,

Congratulations. I guess it took around 11 to 13 days for you guys. right.
My case is entered into the system on March 13th. Today also I am hearing the same message.

I am eagerly waiting to hear the good news!!

Regds,
Sam

I have one question?
Do we need to have previous employment verification letters for consular processing?? or Just current employer letter is enough??? Generally what are the list of document needed for CP. I was thinking of choosing CP, which one is best choice ACS or CP?? if I want to file CP do I need to wait for 140 approval before appling for CP.

Thanks for your help

To answer your questions...

Do we need to have previous employment verification letters for consular processing?? or Just current employer letter is enough???

You need THE letter from your sponsoring employer only.

Generally what are the list of document needed for CP. I was thinking of choosing CP, which one is best choice ACS or CP??

The choice between CP and AOS depends on your personal preferences and situation; If you want greencard fast, if your case is simple and straight forward, and you don't mind traveling to your home country, CP is for you. However, if you are running out of H1B time and need work permit fast, or if you are not concerned about time, or prefer to adjust status here, AOS may be for you. Refer to lots of discussions on this issue on this forum and at imminfo.com and immigrationlaw.com. As for documents, don't worry about them yet. But you can find a comprehensive list on this forum if you look hard enough. you will learn a lot as well! :)

if I want to file CP do I need to wait for 140 approval before appling for CP
If you want to do CP, you have to choose CP as the option when you apply for I-140. Otherwise you will have to apply for I-824 to change to CP once your I-140 is approved for AOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

My lawyer had asked me to get my spouses name added to my passport, so just to be on the safe side I would recommend that you do so.

This is probably better for those spouses who havent changed their name after marriage and are applying in their maiden names

All the best!