Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

jalabalajings said:
Sreek,

I did the lab tests at Lister today. I gave a 2x2 and it was accepted without any questions. In fact I was not even asked to show the appointment letter. Hope this info helps.

Thanks,
DA

Jalabalajings, Thanks for your prompt update. It certainly appeared from my phone call to them last night that they do not care about the dimensions of the photograph so long as it is passport size (2'x2' US size, or the traditional Indian size).

Given your recent experience I would appreciate your feedback on whether you were able to collect the P4(appointment letter) from the consulate on the day of the medical tests and make it to the Lister Lab before 9-9.30am. I might have to do that and wonder what time the consulate service that gives you the appointment letter, opens in the morning. I hope to be able to collect the medical test results from Lister the same day before leaving Madras to come back only the night before the interview.

Thanks for your reply and wish you the best for D-day,
Sreek

P4 received on June28

It had an appointment letter(yellow paper) and a document list (white paper).

BJ77

BJ77 said:
It had an appointment letter(yellow paper) and a document list (white paper).

BJ77

Hi BJ77,

Can u pls give the list of documents as described in P4?

Thanks,
DPP

heynow said:
1. Name of spouse and children accompanying or following to join person: ?

What should be the reply for this ?

Since you would be preparing a seperate I-134 for each of the dependents,
you can just say 'None' here.

Raju

Raju595 said:
Since you would be preparing a seperate I-134 for each of the dependents,
you can just say 'None' here.

Raju
My baby is born in the US, should i have to prepare a I-134 for him too ?

heynow said:
My baby is born in the US, should i have to prepare a I-134 for him too ?

Normally you don't need to carry a I-134 for your US born baby since he/she
is not part of your GC process.

In my personal opinion you need to carry, because even if the child is US born, the parent is fiscally responsible.

It will be your choice, if you carry , you would be politically correct. If you
don't, it is not going to be a problem.

Raju

Raju595 said:
Normally you don't need to carry a I-134 for your US born baby since he/she
is not part of your GC process.

In my personal opinion you need to carry, because even if the child is US born, the parent is fiscally responsible.

It will be your choice, if you carry , you would be politically correct. If you
don't, it is not going to be a problem.

Raju
If i have to create an I-134 for my baby, does it change any of the items in my wife's I-134 ?

DS-230 Part II Question

heynow said:
If i have to create an I-134 for my baby, does it change any of the items in my wife's I-134 ?

In DS-230 PART II

33A. I HAVE A SSN, WHAT SHOULD I ANSWER FOR THIS ?
WHAT DOES THIS SIGNIFY ?

heynow said:
In DS-230 PART II

33A. I HAVE A SSN, WHAT SHOULD I ANSWER FOR THIS ?
WHAT DOES THIS SIGNIFY ?
mention your no., i assume U 've one. I not don't.

Also check on if SSA should issue a new card to U.

If I-134 is printed in two pages is OK or It has to be printed back-to-back in same paper.

Please clarify guys...

PhiliMay

PhiliMay said:
If I-134 is printed in two pages is OK or It has to be printed back-to-back in same paper.

Please clarify guys...

PhiliMay
It has to be in BACK 2 BACK. MUST BE !

alren said:
mention your no., i assume U 've one. I not don't.

Also check on if SSA should issue a new card to U.

I have one.
If SSA has to issue, would they issue a new number or a new card ?
So it is optional, is that right ?

heynow said:
I have one.
If SSA has to issue, would they issue a new number or a new card ?
So it is optional, is that right ?

{It is optional but I think your present one will be having words like "valid with INS authorization" so if you think that you don't need it any more then you can check for new one, anyways there is no harm in checking it }

Documents Required For All Employment Visa Categories

1. OF-171- visa appointment letter.
2. DS-230- Part I and II (application form).
3. Marriage certificate and wedding photos.
4. Birth certificate OR statement of non-availability of birth records and affidavit of birth
5. Affidavit of support (Form I-864) from the petitioner along with federal income tax returns (form 1040) and W-2 forms from the 3 most recent tax years; Job verification letter and bank statements. A member of the same household must submit form 1-864A in order for his/her income to be considered. If a co-sponsor is required, he/she must submit the same.
6. Photos – 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch in size. Do not sign the photos. The photograph must be a three quarter frontal portrait with the right side of the face and right ear visible. We require color photos with white background.
7. Proof of relationship between beneficiary and the petitioner and with any other family members who are applying with you. – see attached.
8. Police Certificate – see attached.
9. Medical reports. Do not submit your X-ray unless requested to do so
ALL THE ABOVE (you can see the above in http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=122298&page=5&pp=15 ) PLUS

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR E1/E2/E3/SD/SR VISAS:

1.Marriage certificate *original and one copy and wedding photos or album
*Hindu Marriage- Hindu/Special Marriage Act Certificate
*Christian Marriage-Church marriage certificate
*Muslim Marriage-Marriage certificate from Chief Qazi
2.Most recent job offer letter from the employerin the U.S along with your earning statements,bank statements and most recent 3 years (2003/2002&2001)US federal income tax return copies with w2 forms.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN OF E1/E2/E3/SD/SR VISAS:

1.Affidavit of support I-134,job verification letter,bank statements and most recent 3 year US federal income tax return copies with W2 forms from the principal applicant.
2.Proof of relationship with the Principal applicant :Marriage certificate, Spouse and Children's birth certificate issued within one year of the birth,old baptismal certificates and school records.

BJ77

DPP said:
Hi BJ77,

Can u pls give the list of documents as described in P4?

Thanks,
DPP

BJ77 said:
1. OF-171- visa appointment letter.
2. DS-230- Part I and II (application form).
3. Marriage certificate and wedding photos.
4. Birth certificate OR statement of non-availability of birth records and affidavit of birth
5. Affidavit of support (Form I-864) from the petitioner along with federal income tax returns (form 1040) and W-2 forms from the 3 most recent tax years; Job verification letter and bank statements. A member of the same household must submit form 1-864A in order for his/her income to be considered. If a co-sponsor is required, he/she must submit the same.
6. Photos – 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch in size. Do not sign the photos. The photograph must be a three quarter frontal portrait with the right side of the face and right ear visible. We require color photos with white background.
7. Proof of relationship between beneficiary and the petitioner and with any other family members who are applying with you. – see attached.
8. Police Certificate – see attached.
9. Medical reports. Do not submit your X-ray unless requested to do so
ALL THE ABOVE (you can see the above in http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=122298&page=5&pp=15 ) PLUS

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR E1/E2/E3/SD/SR VISAS:

1.Marriage certificate *original and one copy and wedding photos or album
*Hindu Marriage- Hindu/Special Marriage Act Certificate
*Christian Marriage-Church marriage certificate
*Muslim Marriage-Marriage certificate from Chief Qazi
2.Most recent job offer letter from the employerin the U.S along with your earning statements,bank statements and most recent 3 years (2003/2002&2001)US federal income tax return copies with w2 forms.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN OF E1/E2/E3/SD/SR VISAS:

1.Affidavit of support I-134,job verification letter,bank statements and most recent 3 year US federal income tax return copies with W2 forms from the principal applicant.
2.Proof of relationship with the Principal applicant :Marriage certificate, Spouse and Children's birth certificate issued within one year of the birth,old baptismal certificates and school records.

BJ77

Thanks for the reply...It is really helpful...
DPP

Last edited by a moderator:
BJ77/anybody else,

1. Is this required for employment based Immigration (for spouse)?
Please clarify

Regards

pachaiattai said:
BJ77/anybody else,

5. Affidavit of support (Form I-864)

1. Is this required for employment based Immigration (for spouse)?

{Not required for Employment based }

Please clarify

Regards

Sreek,

I just took the e-mail I got from the consulate to the Lisater lab. I did not collect the copy of the P4. Even at Dr. Vijayalakshmi's office I shoed them the E-mail and it was accepted without any grumbles. So, you don't require the P4 (or) the copy of P4 when doing medicals if you have the e-mail sent by the consulate.

DA

sreek said:
Jalabalajings, Thanks for your prompt update. It certainly appeared from my phone call to them last night that they do not care about the dimensions of the photograph so long as it is passport size (2'x2' US size, or the traditional Indian size).

Given your recent experience I would appreciate your feedback on whether you were able to collect the P4(appointment letter) from the consulate on the day of the medical tests and make it to the Lister Lab before 9-9.30am. I might have to do that and wonder what time the consulate service that gives you the appointment letter, opens in the morning. I hope to be able to collect the medical test results from Lister the same day before leaving Madras to come back only the night before the interview.

Thanks for your reply and wish you the best for D-day,
Sreek