Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

jalabalajings said:
Vm1214 and Srinimuth,

I will definitely post my experience if everything goes smooth.

{ Why the big IF ??? .

Relax everything should be fine and don't forget to post your experience in the thread in 'Succesful CP interview at chennai consulate from june '04 onwards' }

DA

Thankst

BJ77 said:
Thanks vm1214

My employer said me to write a rough draft with all the details needed ....and finally he will do changes and make the final draft ....

BJ77
my letter just mentioned that I'll be employed at <position> working as described in the labor cert. and paid at least <salary at the time of filing labor> .

I've not been issued my visa as my spouse's name check is pending, but it seems that they accepted this letter

best of luck and come back to USA with :)
my interview may be in the month of September(90%) or in OCtober(100%).

Thanks
VJ

Thank you very much for the very important info ....and i wish you all the best in getting the visa and returning back with :) :) :)

alren said:
my letter just mentioned that I'll be employed at <position> working as described in the labor cert. and paid at least <salary at the time of filing labor> .

I've not been issued my visa as my spouse's name check is pending, but it seems that they accepted this letter

alren said:
When's your interview?

This was the req. for Non-IV visa. Mumbai, starting July 15th is going to require 3 usual IV pics (semi-side profile) and 2 (or 4) pics described in the link U've.
Hi Alren,

My interview will be in Aug/Sep. Most probably in Aug.It will be in Chennai. Mumbai consulate says so

'Photograph Requirements

During mid July 2004 our office will start issuing machine-readable immigrant visas. A change in the photograph requirements and fingerprinting is therefore necessary. As we do not know the precise date the change will be implemented, we request all immigrant visa applicants, irrespective of age, to submit the following two types of photographs (identified below) at the time of their visa interviews, with immediate effect. Please also note applicants between 14-79 yrs old must also appear for fingerprinting. ........'

alren said:

Hi Alren,

Is it because u both have different last name? Our's is different, ie why I asked.

thanks,
DPP

Not Received the Appointment Letter

Hey Vets,

I checked the chennai website, my Iview is scheduled in Mid July. I havent received my appointment letter. I have booked my tickets to fly.
Kindly help !!

Heynow.

heynow said:
Hey Vets,

I checked the chennai website, my Iview is scheduled in Mid July. I havent received my appointment letter. I have booked my tickets to fly.
Kindly help !!

Heynow.

See below Jalabalgings's msg......

"Oiginally Posted by jalabalajings
sinimuth and BJ77,

My interview at Chennai Consulate is scheduled on the 2nd July and so far I haven't received the P4 to my US address.

Since I am leaving on the 24th June I e-mailed the consulate asking them to send the documents either to my local address in Chennai (or) e-mail them.

They responded stating that they will e-mail me all the documents in P4. Yesterday I received these documents. They also asked me to bring the copy of the e-mail while coming for the interview.

Hope this info helps.

DA"

Hope this explains you....

PhiliMay

alren said:
I've not been issued my visa as my spouse's name check is pending,

{alren,
Sorry to hear that but still you can get visa and your wife later isn't it true anymore ? }

DPP said:
During mid July 2004 our office will start issuing machine-readable immigrant visas. A change in the photograph requirements and fingerprinting is therefore necessary. As we do not know the precise date the change will be implemented, we request all immigrant visa applicants, irrespective of age, to submit the following two types of photographs (identified below) at the time of their visa interviews, with immediate effect. Please also note applicants between 14-79 yrs old must also appear for fingerprinting. ........'
DPP,

That is pretty much the text of it. Is it on the website already? I did not see it today.

DPP said:
Hi Alren,

Is it because u both have different last name? Our's is different, ie why I asked.

thanks,
DPP
No my wife's p/p is in the married name. But here maiden full name should be pretty common. As a matter of fact, the desi dude collecting docs. at consulate said that she's the 3rd person with the same name today (her maiden name).

alren said:
No my wife's p/p is in the married name. But here maiden full name should be pretty common. As a matter of fact, the desi dude collecting docs. at consulate said that she's the 3rd person with the same name today (her maiden name).

Hi Alren,

Thanks for the reply. Hope they will resolve the pblm soon.

DPP

Question from I-134 (silly)

When filling the I-134 (Affidavit of support) there are some blank columns which are not applicable to us....for example if you see question 3 after writing the spouse name .....there will be some empty columns .....How to fill them? .....just leave them blank....or put it as NONE.....bcos i feel NONE is better for chennai consulate rather than leaving them blank or writing them as N/A....Initially i thought that i can leave them blank and fill them in the consulate if i need....but my friend said that if I do any changes to a notarised document it becomes invalid....So just to be on a safer side ....Throw in your views guys....

BJ77

BJ,

I just left them blank. The messages I read in forum, always advised not to put N/A or NONE.

Hope this helps

abaliga

Packet 4

Anyone receive their packet 4 in US yet? I suppose we are to receive them sometime this week. So just checking.

Last edited by a moderator:
alren said:
No my wife's p/p is in the married name. But here maiden full name should be pretty common.

{ This sounds bad looks like one more thing got added to your hard times.

I have couple of questions, the name check will be done on the maiden name along with the married name ?

Is it advisiable to keep the maiden name all through the process and so no hassles for the future CP goers ?

Can you just guess ?? }

As a matter of fact, the desi dude collecting docs. at consulate said that she's the 3rd person with the same name today (her maiden name).