Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

jalabalajings

Registered Users (C)
Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August/September 2004

Hello,

I am creating a new thread to track experiences, share information, get suggestions from Ex CP'ers and Senior members of this forum for individuals who have opted for Consular Processing of their Green Card application at the US Embassy in Chennai.

My case was forwarded to the US Consulate in Chennai on the 12th May 2004. I sent an e-mail to the Embassy asking them which month I would get an interview and got a reply stating that the interview would be likely in July/August.

Also requesting participants to register their status updates @ www.cptracker.com .

Also would like to know specific experiences of some folks who went to Chennai recently for their CP and how long it took since the case was submitted by NVC?

Thanks,
DA

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi DA,

Thanks for starting this link. I dont know when my case will be sent to the Consulate. Getting an Aug interview might be a stretch in my case since nvc has mailed P3 only yest to the lawyers. However, I would like to start working on the interview.

I know alren has created a thread with many links pertaining to each consulate.

Thanks,
dilbert

jalabalajings said:
Hello,

I am creating a new thread to track experiences, share information, get suggestions from Ex CP'ers and Senior members of this forum for individuals who have opted for Consular Processing of their Green Card application at the US Embassy in Chennai.

My case was forwarded to the US Consulate in Chennai on the 12th May 2004. I sent an e-mail to the Embassy asking them which month I would get an interview and got a reply stating that the interview would be likely in July/August.

Also requesting participants to register their status updates @ www.cptracker.com .

Also would like to know specific experiences of some folks who went to Chennai recently for their CP and how long it took since the case was submitted by NVC?

Thanks,
DA

My Packet III was received at the NVC on May 21st.
Expecting a September interview. If lucky may be August!!! ;)

Will keep posting any findings to this thread.

Thanks DA for starting this.

Rashmi

jalabalajings said:
Hello,

Thanks,
DA

hi,
where r u going to get ur packet4? r u going to get in INDIA or here.
my agent is Lawyer . can i get packet 4 to india address or in USA.
if i want to get packet4 in india what should i do.
Thanks
VJ

VJ2002 said:
hi,
where r u going to get ur packet4? r u going to get in INDIA or here.
my agent is Lawyer . can i get packet 4 to india address or in USA.
if i want to get packet4 in india what should i do.
Thanks
VJ
I got mine at my home via US mail. My agent is the lawyer too.

It is my understanding that you can request a copy to be mailed to India address.

alren said:

It is my understanding that you can request a copy to be mailed to India address.

hi alren,
how many days before interview u got it.what type of post is it first class mail or registered mail.
is ur lawyer received the packet4 through mail or u got it directly.

Thanks
VJ

Hi ,

At which stage of the game (ie on what application form) do you mention where you want to get P4? I heard someone tell me a long time ago that it was downloadable (?). Is that true?

Thanks,
Dilbert
alren said:

Rashmi

Rashmi,

Welcome aboard and thanks for posting your details.

DA

rashmi_rau said:
My Packet III was received at the NVC on May 21st.
Expecting a September interview. If lucky may be August!!! ;)

Will keep posting any findings to this thread.

Thanks DA for starting this.

Rashmi

Tax Transcripts

Friends,

I requested the Tax transcripts for the upcoming CP Interview. I requested for the years 2001, 2002 and 2003. But I received the transcripts only for 2001 and 2002.

Is it possible that the system at IRS is not updated with my 2003 Tax Returns?. What if I don't receive the transcripts for 2003 before my interview?

Can I go to the interview with transcripts of years 2001 and 2002 and just with a copy of my Tax returns for year 2003?.

Thanks in advance for all your replies and suggestions.

DA

Hi Guys,

My case forwarded to chennai consulate on May 20, 2004.
Expecting it to be in Consulate system by next week beginning.

Already got tax transscripts for the year 2001,2002,2003 from IRS
and got PCC from Consulate General New York.

Jalabalagings,

Did you send mail to chennai consulate to confirm that your case is
in their system ???

The general rule of thumb is if your case reaches the chennai consulate
before 20 th of the given month, you can expect interview in next to next
month.

Going by the above general rule, I am expecting AUGUST interview.

Kulkven,

Already got tax transscripts for the year 2001,2002,2003 from IRS
and got PCC from Consulate General New York.

ANSWER: I did not get the tax transcripts for 2003 even though I did get it for 2001 and 2002. Do you think I should request once again?

Did you send mail to chennai consulate to confirm that your case is
in their system ???

month.

ANSWER: Yes, I did send them an e-mail asking if my case has been entered into their system. My case was forwarded on the 12th May from NVC. The reply I got from the Consulate was that my case was received by them and my inteview will be likely in July/August. I sent them an e-mail on the 19th May, 2004.

So, based on the general rule I could expect an interview in July. Basically, I think that I have a 50% chance for July. Keeping my fingers crossed.

DA

VJ2002 said:
hi alren,
how many days before interview u got it.what type of post is it first class mail or registered mail.
is ur lawyer received the packet4 through mail or u got it directly.

Thanks
VJ
I got it directly first class mailed to me about a month before the interview. Mind you my interview is later in the month.

dilbert30 said:
Hi ,

At which stage of the game (ie on what application form) do you mention where you want to get P4? I heard someone tell me a long time ago that it was downloadable (?). Is that true?

Thanks,
Dilbert

I guess you specify in the addres in P3 (DS230-I).

All the forms on P4 are downloadable. You can keep it ready.

Only imp. thing in P4 is the appt. letter. There are some instrucitons regarding Payment, Medicals, etc.

jalabalajings said:
Friends,

I requested the Tax transcripts for the upcoming CP Interview. I requested for the years 2001, 2002 and 2003. But I received the transcripts only for 2001 and 2002.

Is it possible that the system at IRS is not updated with my 2003 Tax Returns?. What if I don't receive the transcripts for 2003 before my interview?

Can I go to the interview with transcripts of years 2001 and 2002 and just with a copy of my Tax returns for year 2003?.

Thanks in advance for all your replies and suggestions.

DA
Did the system tell you that 2003 is not available? If not then it should be on the way.
In March, I tried, 2003 was not available (maybe for me). I tried in May I got it.

Alren,

Thanks for replying. The system did not tell me that 2002 is not available. I got the transcripts for 2001 and 2002 on the same day after 4 days of putting my initial request.

It's been 10 days in total and I have not gotten 2003's transcripts. Do you think I should request it once again?

Thanks,
DA

alren said:
Did the system tell you that 2003 is not available? If not then it should be on the way.
In March, I tried, 2003 was not available (maybe for me). I tried in May I got it.

jalabalajings said:
Alren,

Thanks for replying. The system did not tell me that 2002 is not available. I got the transcripts for 2001 and 2002 on the same day after 4 days of putting my initial request.

It's been 10 days in total and I have not gotten 2003's transcripts. Do you think I should request it once again?

Thanks,
DA
Does'nt harm. Wait for a few days, if you are in no hurry.

Hi,

On cptracker, I observe that it takes 60-80 days from the time NVC mails the packet to the consulate (I looked at chennai only) for the interview date. Is that a fair assumption to make? also, does the chennai consulate have interviews all thro the month or is it only in certain portions (like 1st half or second half etc) of the month?

Thanks,

Dilbert

kulkven said:
Hi Guys,

month.

Going by the above general rule, I am expecting AUGUST interview.

Dilbert,

Based on the current trend at Chennai Consulate, interviews for EB cases are scheduled starting from the 17th of a given month.

DA

dilbert30 said:
Hi,

On cptracker, I observe that it takes 60-80 days from the time NVC mails the packet to the consulate (I looked at chennai only) for the interview date. Is that a fair assumption to make? also, does the chennai consulate have interviews all thro the month or is it only in certain portions (like 1st half or second half etc) of the month?

Thanks,

Dilbert