Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

I have a question. I thought some person who is knowledgable about interview scheduling can help me. I know the query is not in the correct group.

First, this is a CR-1 case and not an employment based case. Is the interview scheduled based on first In-First out regardless of what type of visa. Or is there some magical number of appointments for a given type of category in a month?

I did DCF for my wife at Delhi on May 10. We got packet 3 from Chennai on June 2 and it was mailed back same day.

Thank you
Sundar

Sorry Guys....

Sorry to join late in this thread guys....As jalabalajings....i am also keeping my fingers crossed for the interview date.My case is in the chennai consulate as of May 19 ....Though i got the reply from chennai consulate as july/August interview ......i am pretty positive for the month of July and i am planning to call the consulate by June 10th so that i can get it confirmed.It looks the flight fares are going to be very expensive since that is a peak season...

I got the tax transcripts for the years of 2000,(not needed but....what to loose...)2001,2002,2003 by talking to a representative.

I am planning to get the bank statement.One of my friend (ex-cp'er) said that it is better to have some money in the bank when you go for the interview. But my point is ....since these all are employment based.... i dont think that it is needed ....Morever Bank statement is just a recommended document and not a mandatory one....

Throw in your views here guys
Many Thanks
BJ77

Can you please give me the form # I need to file? I guess mine is not ready since I filed my tax return pretty late (of course within the deadline)

Dilbert

Rjain2 said:
Dilbert,

I've orderd the free transcripts once by filling out a simple IRS form for this purpose, and another time using their toll free touch tone system. Either way it took 7-10 days to receive the transcripts. You can order 3-4 times a year without incurring any charges.

rjain

It should be ready. I filed mine pretty late too. I got my transcripts last month. I would recommend you to just use the toll free service, instead of filling the forms. It is much, much faster.

how to get P4 on INDIA address

Dilbert30,
My understanding based on the reply of senior members is that once your case is transfered to consulate and enetred in their system you can send an email requesting to send the packet4 to India address.In the subject Do write your case no.
i have asked this question on the forum and got this reply.But will let u know that my consulate is mumbai.If chennai works differently than no idea.

anushri

Chennai consulate can be contacted by email for changing the P4 delivery address. Chennai IV customer service is good in responding emails.

Likely July Interview

My case was sent to Chennai on 5/5/04. I did not check but from what I gathered from other, my case should have been entered at the consulate on 5/10/04.

I'm joining this thread late. But so far I just got my transcipts for 2000-2002 tax years(3 years). I have n't gotten the transcript for the current year(2003 tax year which I filed april15th 2004.

PCC is pending from the chicago Indian Consulate. I'm planning to visit chicago week after next for getting the PCC. Any experiences or suggestions?

I'm single and mine is EB3 employment based, so all I need in regards to support would be the notarized employment offer? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is it better if I start look around for tickets to India this week ?

Going_CP said:
My case was sent to Chennai on 5/5/04. I did not check but from what I gathered from other, my case should have been entered at the consulate on 5/10/04.

Call the chennai consulate Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board) by next week.

I'm joining this thread late. But so far I just got my transcipts for 2000-2002 tax years(3 years). I have n't gotten the transcript for the current year(2003 tax year which I filed april15th 2004.

I got mine for 2003 by calling the toll free number and talking to a representative.In one phone call you can get for 3 years.So make another phone call and get for the year 2003.

PCC is pending from the chicago Indian Consulate. I'm planning to visit chicago week after next for getting the PCC. Any experiences or suggestions?

Check with the indian consulate people in chicago before you go there.I would suggest you to call 312-595-0405 Ex:227 .The rule of thumb is that they will tell you to wait for 45 days from the date in which they received your application.

I'm single and mine is EB3 employment based, so all I need in regards to support would be the notarized employment offer? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is the list taken from previous posts.Have the documents whichever is applicable to you along with your medical info.

TO DO’s: Before leaving US
1. Cover letter / Appointment letter & OF-171
2. Collect NOTARIZED employment letter (1 required. 2 copies would be good)
3. Collect last 3 years' Tax copies from IRS and W2 for 3 years
4. Get sailing permit from IRS (Not required. But good to have!)
5. Get PCC from Indian Consulate in US (if you are in US) (original only)
6. Take the receipt of form IV bill ($335/- PP paid to NVC).(recommended, not required)
7. If you have stayed only in India and US Email Mumbai Consulate as to whether you need a PCC from India. Almost always they would reply that you wouldn't need one and the one issued from Indian Consulate is enough. Take a PRINTOUT of that email.
8. Passport (valid)
9. Biographic Data Form (DS 230 part 1 and part 2 (unsigned))
10. Original Birth Certificate from all GC applicants
11. Original Marriage certificate
12. Wedding photos & Invitation card (Recommended)
13. Pay stubs (last 4-6 stubs...i.e for 2-3 months) (Recommended, not required)
14. Original Degree certificates (recommended, not required)
15. Original School Transcripts (recommended, not required)
16. All previous F1 (student visa) papers, if any (Required)
17. All current and previous H1 (Work visa) papers, if any (Required)
18. Any other doc/paper related to INS/BCIS approvals (Required)
19. Company brochures, annual reports. (recommended, not required)
20. Company financial statements. (recommended, not required)
21. Bank statement followed by a photocopy (recommended, not required)
22. Notarized Affidavit of support I-134
23. Wife's employment letter (if any)

Is it better if I start look around for tickets to India this week ?

It would be better if you know the interview date....But you can make a reservation and purchase it later....

BJ77

Thanks BJ77 for your suggestions.

I will call IRS and get the transcript for 2003 tax year.
Its already over 45 days since I requested my PCC. I will call this week and go week after next.

I filled out and sent DS230 Part1 to NVC. But it looks like P4 consists of DS230 (part1 and 2) again. So do have to fill out both ? What happens to the one in P3 ? Do they compare the two forms at some point ?
thanks.

Going_CP said:
Thanks BJ77 for your suggestions.

I will call IRS and get the transcript for 2003 tax year.
Its already over 45 days since I requested my PCC. I will call this week and go week after next.

I filled out and sent DS230 Part1 to NVC. But it looks like P4 consists of DS230 (part1 and 2) again. So do have to fill out both ? What happens to the one in P3 ? Do they compare the two forms at some point ?
thanks.

It is essential to carry a filled and un-signed DS 230 Part II to the intervew.
Carry the copy of DS230 Part I filed earlier or fill a new form and take it.
Sometimes they ask for it even through they are supposed to have the one
sent with Packet 3.

Even if they compare, the information would be the same, right ?

If on the other hand,you need to make some change then, make sure
to show that change to the consular officer so that they have the right
information.

Raju

Calling the chennai consulate

I tried calling the consulate.But i could'nt talk to somebody.Nobody is picking up the phone.Can somebody tell me the best time to call ? :confused:

Interview Date

BJ77 & other Chennai CPer's waiting for an interview

Did anyone receive their interview dates from the Consulate?. I sent them an e-mail yesterday asking them about the interview date and this is the reply I got.

"Please check the interview date after June 14 on the website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov "

I can't do anything but just wait till the 14th June.

DA

BJ77 said:
I tried calling the consulate.But i could'nt talk to somebody.Nobody is picking up the phone.Can somebody tell me the best time to call ? :confused:

Thanks ...

Thanks Jalabalajings....If i remember right.... last month it was posted on May 18.So positively we will be knowing it by next weekend..... :rolleyes:

BJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Case forwarded to Madras

Fellow Chennai CPers,

Checked the NVC AVM today to hear the following message:
"NVC has completed the processing of this application and forwarded it to embassy or consulate in Madras on Jun. 8, 2004. Please contact the consulate or embassy for further instructions".

Have updated <cptracker.com>. Will contact the consulate next week to check their receipt of my app.

Hope I'll be able make it to August interviews.

Rashmi

Interview Date

Fellow Chennai CPer's

I am not sure if somebody checked cptracker.com. But someone with the nick 's888' whose case was forwarded by NVC to consulate on 5/12 has his/her interview scheduled on 7/16.

Based on this, cases that has been forwarded to Consulate by NVC on or around that date could expect their interview probably between 16th and 25th of July. This is my estimate.

My case was also forwarded to the Consulate by NVC on 05/12. Will call the Consulate on Friday.

Does anybone know the phone number I need to call to speak with a representative at the IV section in Chennai Consulate?

Thanks,
DA

Finding out the interview date

Jalabalajings:

Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board) for immigration visa unit.This is the number what i called 2 days back at 9 A.M in the morning IST.But nobody picked up the phone.I took this phone number from the email reply what came from the chennai consulate.

If there is some other number or some other procedure (except email) to follow to reach the chennai consulate immigration visa unit please let us know....

BJ

Last edited by a moderator:
when I go to the interview, my first H1 (stamped on the PP) would have expired and I already have the approval notice valid until 2007.

In the required set of docs, should I have my approval notices or all the LCA application also??

I am thinking of having these as back up.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks,
dilbert

BJ77 said:
Jalabalajings:

Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board) for immigration visa unit.This is the number what i called 2 days back at 9 A.M in the morning IST.But nobody picked up the phone.I took this phone number from the email reply what came from the chennai consulate.

If there is some other number or some other procedure (except email) to follow to reach the chennai consulate immigration visa unit please let us know....

BJ

Dilbert30:

Based on the forum list of documents for interview all the LCA papers and approvals come under required documents.So they are required.

BJ777

Have you enquired about the tickets to Chennai in July. Looks like the fares are exorbitant.

Dave

BJ77 said:
Dilbert30:

Based on the forum list of documents for interview all the LCA papers and approvals come under required documents.So they are required.