Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

Thanks alren

Is there any contact number in the state department in which we can talk to somebody in case if we didnt receive P4 before our departure to Immigrant visa interview?

Many Thanks
BJ77

alren said:
There is no rule (to my knowledge) for the rct of P4 X days before the interview. Normally, what I have seen, the P4s are generated around the 5th of the month and dispatched to US. (I believe) The State dept. forwards this out the candidates around 20th of the month and U should get in about 2-4 days.

The letter will indicate on which date in the following month your interview is scheduled.

Hi BJ,

In Delhi they provide an option of picking up a copy of the P4 if less than 2 weeks are left for the interview. Any representative of yours can go to the outside windows @ 2 p.m. and give the case # and pick up the documents. May be the other consulates are offering this option.

Rjain

BJ,
You don't have to call the state but you can always send some body to the consulate to pick it up by giving your key information or you can go by yourself a couple of days ahead and get it personally from the visitor window.

Thanks

Hi,
July interview date confirmed. I just checked this website and I can't call them until sunday evening I guess. Could you tell me when your P3 was entered by Consulate I can kinda guess the date accordingly. I must look for tickets as well.
My P3 was entered by the consulate on 10th May2004.
thanks.

BJ77 said:
Thanks vm1214

I am in Detroit near chicago...So i will definitely try that option....

BJ77,

I have not found out my interview date yet. My P3 was entered at the consulate on 5/10/04. I reserved(not bought) tickets to chennai from july4th Aug8th for $1515 NWA.

Detorit-Chennai.

Yours should be a July interview

Going_CP:

Mine was forwarded from NVC on May 12 and got confirmation from the chennai (as it is entered) on May 19.Mine and jalabalajings went on the same date.My interview is scheduled on July 23 while jalabalajings interview is on 2nd July....So Just call the consulate and find out the date on Sunday evening our time...You have got a pretty good deal...If possible give the travel agent info...

Many Thanks
BJ77

Going_CP said:
BJ77,

I have not found out my interview date yet. My P3 was entered at the consulate on 5/10/04. I reserved(not bought) tickets to chennai from july4th Aug8th for $1515 NWA.

Detorit-Chennai.

Thanks rjain2 and vm1214

I am planning to go to the consulate and get it there (if i dont receive it here) bcos i will be there 3 or 4 days earlier for the medical examination.

I am just curious to know in what type of mail the P4 will be sent by the department of state? whether USPS First class mail or priority mail....bcos if it is first class mail i can tell my friend to collect it for me and sent it to me....

Many Thanks
BJ77

Labor/I-140 Documents

I was reading the forum and wonder what Labor/I-140 documents are you guys taking. I have Just the I-140 Approval Notice copy with me.

abalinga:
I am planning to get a copy of all the papers filed by my lawyer on behalf of me...As of now i just have the H1B and I-140 approval notices.

BJ77
abaliga said:
I was reading the forum and wonder what Labor/I-140 documents are you guys taking. I have Just the I-140 Approval Notice copy with me.

BJ77 said:
Going_CP:

Mine and jalabalajings went on the same date.My interview is scheduled on July 23 while jalabalajings interview is on 2nd July....

BJ77

BJ,
Do you mean to say Chennai consulate has announced the interview dates for july ???

I am trying hard to talk to mumbai consulate people but no luck till now and the operator says call after 15th.

Bj77,
Since you are in Detroit. go to miindia.com.
The travel agent I talked to is: Worldwide Travel Inc.

29217 Ford Road, Suite 118
Garden City, MI 48135
Tel: (800) 504-3044
(734) 838-9998
Fax (734) 525-7308

My friend who went to India to attend CP interview on 6/17/04 booked his from
Jafferson Travels. They gave him a good deal June5-july21
Their contact is:
2860 Carpenter Road
Suite #100
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Tel: (734) 477-7786
Toll free: (877) 2go-4fun
Click here to Email

Tax Transcript Format

Requested tax transcripts for the past 3 years (spoke to a representative @ 800-829-1040). I received them within 3 days :) Unbelievably fast!

Have two questions:
First:
With the format. It looks just like a plain piece of paper printed (looks like in mainframe format). Is this what everyone receives?

Second:
I just need to carry these and nothing else, right? Not copies of 1040, W2s etc.

Thanks for your replies,
Rashmi :confused:

rashmi_rau said:
Requested tax transcripts for the past 3 years (spoke to a representative @ 800-829-1040). I received them within 3 days :) Unbelievably fast!

Have two questions:
First:
With the format. It looks just like a plain piece of paper printed (looks like in mainframe format). Is this what everyone receives?

{The tax transcripts that you receive from IRS do not look official at all.
This is what everyone receives and you are fine}

Second:
I just need to carry these and nothing else, right? Not copies of 1040, W2s etc.

{You need to carry the W-2s or copies for the last 3 fiscal years.

While you are not required to carry the 1040s (tax filing copies) most
candidates do carry these for the last 3 years. }

Thanks for your replies,
Rashmi :confused:

{my responses}

Raju

Question on fees

Hi guys,

I've (my lawyers) paid $335 when the fee bill was recd from NVC. What are the other fees I need to pay now and later at the consulate?

Especially, the $260 fees I see people mentioning - paid already in the states or carry a draft??

Can someone please point me to it?

Thanks,
Dilbert

Last edited by a moderator:
dilbert30 said:
Hi guys,

I've (my lawyers) paid $335 when the fee bill was recd from NVC. What are the other fees I need to pay now and later at the consulate?

Can someone please point me to it?

Thanks,
Dilbert

If you paid $335 to NVC, no other fees are due.

I think when you reach Chennai, you need do make Demand Draft for Blue Dart for Rs 300 ( plus Rs. 50 for each additional passport ) for them to courier your passport later on. This is again information I read somewhere on the forum.

Lab/Medical Question

3 questions.

How many days before the interview do you have to do the Lab and Medical.

Can you do Lab and Medical on the same day?

Do you have to have a one day buffer between Medical and Interview?

thanks

Abaliga,
This is what I have gathered from this forum

In mumbai hospitals Lab and medicals are done on the same day and the results are also given by the end of the day, hope this is same every where.

It is always a better idea to have one day buffer between the medicals and the interview but in case you can't make it, it's fine.

And hope not but if you have any problems in your medical's and you can't produce medical report then also you can go for interivew but you will not get the GC stamp till you submit the medical report.

Thanks

I called the Consulate, chennai. The representative tells me that they have not scheduled my interview yet? She said that she received the case in April itself. I 'm not sure about this because NVC sent my case on 5/5/04. She asked to call back after few weeks?? Any ideas.
NVC sent P3 5/5/04

unable to reach visa sectionopertaor in Chennai Consulate

Hi Cpers,
I am calling 28112060 in Chennai and getting automated voice response system. When I select the option 1 for English the sytem goes dead. Am I doing something wrong?
How are you getting to the representative officer?