Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

Case at the Consulate

How does one enquire whether the consulate has received the case from NVC?

Thanks for your replies.

Rashmi

Send an e-mail to the Chennai Consulate at chennaiIV@state.gov
With your NVC Case number.

Generally they reply promptly to your e-mail. U can expect reply in a day or two.

Try to send the e-mail on the 7th day from when the case was transfered to the Consulate by NVC.

DA

rashmi_rau said:
How does one enquire whether the consulate has received the case from NVC?

Thanks for your replies.

Rashmi

Employment letter - Notarization

A colleague of mine is heading to Kathmandu for his CP.

The employment letter issued by our HR seems like aproblem to me. There isn't a notary stamp or a thing on the employment letter as such. But there's stapled form issued by the notary saying the HR person notarized a document. Is this acceptable?

Rashmi

Yes - Jalabalajings

I have enquired the ticket and i am looking at around 1950 to 2000 dollars :eek: per ticket.I was checking for July 2 as the date of departure. But still i havent finalised.I am still doing the shopping.Once we know the date i would go ahead and buy the cheapest fare what i get.From June 15 to July15 it is peak season.Thats the reason ...why the fares are so high.

BJ

Last edited by a moderator:
BJ777,

Try Kuwait Airways (or) Emirates. They are a little cheaper.

DA

BJ77 said:
I have enquired the ticket and i am looking at around 1950 to 2000 dollars :eek: per ticket.I was checking for July 2 as the date of departure. But still i havent finalised.I am still doing the shopping.Once we know the date i would go ahead and buy the cheapest fare what i get.From June 15 to July15 it is peak season.Thats the reason ...why the fares are so high.

BJ

Thats a good suggestion... :) Thanks

I tried kuwait airlines.They said the seats are not available.but i think i have to check with some more Travel agents to get a decent ticket with less stop overs and low fare.I may end up in Emirates too...I am not sure.

BJ

jalabalajings said:
BJ777,

Try Kuwait Airways (or) Emirates. They are a little cheaper.

DA

Thanks rjain2

KLM/Northwest does not fly directly to chennai.But we have to go via mumbai.Still it is worthy trying.Thanks for the info.

BJ
Rjain2 said:
Does KLM give you any flights to Chennai? http://www.alanitatravel.com/ has great deals on KLM to Delhi during the peak season so might be worth a shout if they give you connections to Chennai.

Good luck!

Rjain2

Thanks alren ...All the best on your interview....Keep us posted about your interview experience
alren said:
Mumbai/Delhi and from there Jet Airways to Chennai.

Hi BJ,

You may already know this but the USD fares are about 20-30% higher than INR fares and also both Jet, IC, etc. offer Apex fares which even knock off 10-20% more. If you buy domestic tickets from the agent here, they’ll charge you USD rates.

You can have some friend or relative in India buy your tickets, and most probably you can avail of the Apex-7 days purchase discounts. You can find the INR and USD fares on IC website, the Jet site we seem to access is their international site with USD fares only. You can assume that Jet fares are @ 5-10% higher than IC’s.

Hope this helps you in cutting down your travel costs.

Good Luck,

Rjain.

Thank you very much Rjain2.Excellent piece of info.

BJ77
Rjain2 said:
Hi BJ,

You may already know this but the USD fares are about 20-30% higher than INR fares and also both Jet, IC, etc. offer Apex fares which even knock off 10-20% more. If you buy domestic tickets from the agent here, they’ll charge you USD rates.

You can have some friend or relative in India buy your tickets, and most probably you can avail of the Apex-7 days purchase discounts. You can find the INR and USD fares on IC website, the Jet site we seem to access is their international site with USD fares only. You can assume that Jet fares are @ 5-10% higher than IC’s.

Hope this helps you in cutting down your travel costs.

Good Luck,

Rjain.

BJ,
I know you got many responses for cutting your cost of travel just a suggestion if stay around chicago or LA -- AI is starting direct flight to Bombay via Frankfurt from june 11th, its very new service so you can try that. OR you can go for combo (air India with other major airline) and getting routed to chennai from AI is not a problem at all.

I haven't travelled myself but as far as I came to know advantage of buying a ticket from US is that there is no WEIGHT rule for the international traveller and if you buy the ticket from India then there could be chances of questions for your weight of luggage if it is more than the domestic allowance.

thanks

Information about Interview Date

BJ77,

I called up the direct number 91-44-28112060 you gave me. I called at 11:00 p.m. E.S.T on Thursday which is 8:30 Friday morning I.S.T

I was able to speak with a lady representative. She told me that my interview date is on the 2nd July at 8:00 a.m. She also told me that the P4 packet has been already sent to the US and that I should be expecting it any time. This is little surprising to me as we know that the EB cases are scheduled generally after the 15th of the month. Hmm...........

So, you may also want to check with them. Since our cases were forwarded by NVC to the Consualte on the same day I fear you may also have an interview date soon. Not sure though.

When I asked her if she could send a copy of the P4 to the local address in India, she told it is alredy late and that I have to download the P4 from the web.

Ex CP'ers and aspiring CPer's , what exactly does the P4 contain?. I know it contains the Medical forms and DS 230 Part II forms and the appointment letter. Apart from that anything else. Please shed your thoughts.

Thanks,
DA

BJ77 said:
Jalabalajings:

Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board) for immigration visa unit.This is the number what i called 2 days back at 9 A.M in the morning IST.But nobody picked up the phone.I took this phone number from the email reply what came from the chennai consulate.

If there is some other number or some other procedure (except email) to follow to reach the chennai consulate immigration visa unit please let us know....

BJ

vm1214 said:
BJ,
I know you got many responses for cutting your cost of travel just a suggestion if stay around chicago or LA -- AI is starting direct flight to Bombay via Frankfurt from june 11th, its very new service so you can try that. OR you can go for combo (air India with other major airline) and getting routed to chennai from AI is not a problem at all.

I haven't travelled myself but as far as I came to know advantage of buying a ticket from US is that there is no WEIGHT rule for the international traveller and if you buy the ticket from India then there could be chances of questions for your weight of luggage if it is more than the domestic allowance.

thanks
If in conjugation with the international flight, when U show the Int. tkt, they will waive the baggae allowance domestic filight too.

My interview date

jalabalajings:

yesterday at 9 a.m IST i called the consulate and found out that my interview is on 23rd July at 8.00 a.m :) .I also got the same response from the consulate representative stating that my P4 is being sent here and when i requested her a copy to sent to my local address in India and she said that it is late now....so she said me to download the P4 from their website....

I am also looking for the info for P4.CP guru's please guide us ...on this..

Many Thanks
BJ77

jalabalajings said:
BJ77,

I called up the direct number 91-44-28112060 you gave me. I called at 11:00 p.m. E.S.T on Thursday which is 8:30 Friday morning I.S.T

I was able to speak with a lady representative. She told me that my interview date is on the 2nd July at 8:00 a.m. She also told me that the P4 packet has been already sent to the US and that I should be expecting it any time. This is little surprising to me as we know that the EB cases are scheduled generally after the 15th of the month. Hmm...........

So, you may also want to check with them. Since our cases were forwarded by NVC to the Consualte on the same day I fear you may also have an interview date soon. Not sure though.

When I asked her if she could send a copy of the P4 to the local address in India, she told it is alredy late and that I have to download the P4 from the web.

Ex CP'ers and aspiring CPer's , what exactly does the P4 contain?. I know it contains the Medical forms and DS 230 Part II forms and the appointment letter. Apart from that anything else. Please shed your thoughts.

Thanks,
DA

Thanks vm1214

I am in Detroit near chicago...So i will definitely try that option....
vm1214 said:
BJ,

thanks

Question regarding packet 4

CP Gurus!!!!

Normally how much time it will take to receive the packet 4 in United states.I remember reading from some other thread that it will be mailed from washington D.C .....Is there anything like (thumb rule) within this many days before your interview date you will receive your P4? If so it would be of very good help!!!!!

Many Thanks
BJ77

There is no rule (to my knowledge) for the rct of P4 X days before the interview. Normally, what I have seen, the P4s are generated around the 5th of the month and dispatched to US. (I believe) The State dept. forwards this out the candidates around 20th of the month and U should get in about 2-4 days.

The letter will indicate on which date in the following month your interview is scheduled.