Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

pachaiattai said:
Rashmi,
I did not request the Consulate to send P4 to my Indian residence. They did it by default. I was surprised to hear from my mom that she received P4.

Rajesh

For the benefit of the forum can you confirm that you did not mention your
address in India, anywhere in the DS 230 forms ?

And you did not also send a subsequent email?

If that is the case, how did they know your address?

Raju

Raju your question is very valid and I think he has put his current address as indian address. This is just a thought.

URGENT Question

Jalabalajings/Others who have an interview in July,

Have you received your P4 yet? I tried calling the Consulate last night and all I got was a message instructing me to press '3' for customer service and when I did so, all I got was a message saying that the option is invalid. I tried calling the board and they kept tranferring me to the same menu.

Also I sent an email along with a letter to the Consulate requesting them to hand over the packet to my wife's uncle. But when he went there, they refused to let him even after he showed proof of letter from me. The security gave him the CS number and then when he called and provided the case number, they confirmed the interview schedule and also told him that P4 has been mailed to my US address.

I'm still blocking my tickets and I'll have to make a decision on buying it or losing my reservation by tomorrow morning. I have sent email enquiries to ChennaiIV, but have not got a reply yet.

How should I proceed now? Is there anybody who has left the US without receiving P4? Is it risky to leave US without P4?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Ashram.

ashram:
I went through everything like you when trying to reach the consulate.But later on Indian time at about 9 a.m i called the direct number to Immigartion visa unit 91-44-28112060(dir) and i was in a position to talk to somebody within 3 full phone rings....It was real amazing for me....Anyway she said me to print out the appointment page and download the P4 from the website in case if i didnt receive my P4 (which is being sent to U.S).....99% you will be getting the P4 before June end (my guess).....Moreover if by any chance you have to leave you can tell your friend to access your mail box (P4 comes in First class mail) and tell him to fedex it to you....

BJ
ashram said:
Jalabalajings/Others who have an interview in July,

Have you received your P4 yet? I tried calling the Consulate last night and all I got was a message instructing me to press '3' for customer service and when I did so, all I got was a message saying that the option is invalid. I tried calling the board and they kept tranferring me to the same menu.

Also I sent an email along with a letter to the Consulate requesting them to hand over the packet to my wife's uncle. But when he went there, they refused to let him even after he showed proof of letter from me. The security gave him the CS number and then when he called and provided the case number, they confirmed the interview schedule and also told him that P4 has been mailed to my US address.

I'm still blocking my tickets and I'll have to make a decision on buying it or losing my reservation by tomorrow morning. I have sent email enquiries to ChennaiIV, but have not got a reply yet.

How should I proceed now? Is there anybody who has left the US without receiving P4? Is it risky to leave US without P4?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Ashram.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot. BTW, when is your interview? Mine is on July 2, I'll be leaving on June 26th.

Ashram.

Mine is July 23th ....I am leaving on July 2 from here...Anyway all the best....
ashram said:
Thanks a lot. BTW, when is your interview? Mine is on July 2, I'll be leaving on June 26th.

Ashram.

Ashram and BJ,
P4 usually comes after 20th of the following month. Why the panic bells are ringing ? as discussed manytimes in this forum you can always pick up the appointment letter from the visitor window after you reach the consualte city.

Ashram,
If you have phone confirmation and also the website confirmation about your interview date then why are you planning to drop your reservation just because you have not received P4 yet ?

P4 contains your DS230-PartII and DS2001 which is basically your documents instruction and your appointment letter. The other two forms you can get if downloaded from website and fill it up and you can collect appointment letter after reaching India in case your don't get before you leave.

Don't get panic be cool guys.

Thanks

Hi,

To add to VM's advice, I had a friend pick up my P4 from the Delhi information window today without any hassles -- he had my case number and name. In Chennai's case, the Interview list is also out so there should be no concerns.

Cheers,

Rjain.

jalabalajings said:
vm1214,

My nick is pronounced as 'jala'+'bala'+'jings'. It's not a name, but just a word used in one of the Tamil film released in early 90's.

DA

Thanks DA ('jala'+'bala'+'jings') for your reply

Good News!

Group, I finally got a sensible response from the Chennai Consulate. They emailed me confirming my appointment date and also emailed me all the documents of P4. So I can go ahead and buy my tickets now.

They have said that the Visa fee will be $335/applicant - If not already paid to NVC and an another $65/applicant - if not already paid top NVC apart from the charge for Blue Dart. I know that I paid my $335, but I do not remember paying $65.

Can someone confirm the number of demand drats and the amount to take to the Consulate?

Thanks,
Ashram.

Question regarding the job offer letter

Gurus:
I am in the middle of phrasing the job offer letter. Should we have to specify in the letter that we are working in the client place? If we specify it ....will it be a problem?

Please let me know

Many Thanks
BJ77

ashram said:
Group, I finally got a sensible response from the Chennai Consulate. They emailed me confirming my appointment date and also emailed me all the documents of P4. So I can go ahead and buy my tickets now.

{Really Good News }

They have said that the Visa fee will be $335/applicant - If not already paid to NVC and an another $65/applicant - if not already paid top NVC apart from the charge for Blue Dart. I know that I paid my $335, but I do not remember paying $65.

{Some thing is being misinterpreted, Can you read it again, as it looks two things are getting mixed up}

Can someone confirm the number of demand drats and the amount to take to the Consulate?

Thanks,
Ashram.

Thanks

BJ77 said:
Gurus:
I am in the middle of phrasing the job offer letter.

{so your employer doesn't want to do by himself }

Should we have to specify in the letter that we are working in the client place?
{ No you don't have to mention such things }

If we specify it ....will it be a problem?

{ Not sure but don't take chance }

Please let me know

Many Thanks
BJ77

Thanks

Group,

I have copied the exact text that I got in a documnet emailed to me from the Consulate. I have paid the $335 but not the $65. Is this the case for everyone or am I missing something?

Please let me know the demand drafts needed and their amounts in Indian Rs.

It reads:

Visa Fees

Application Fee:

IF this fee has NOT previously been paid to the National Visa Center in the U.S.
Bring a Demand Draft for $335 per applicant (Rs._________), payable to ‘American Consulate General, Chennai’, drawn on a nationalized of foreign bank with a branch office in Chennai

Issuance Fee:

IF this fee has NOT previously been paid to the National Visa Center in the U.S.
Bring a Demand Draft for $65 per applicant (Rs.________ ), payable to ‘American Consulate General, Chennai’, drawn on a nationalized of foreign bank with a branch office in Chennai

Courier Fees

Blue Dart Courier will return all application materials and the applicant’s passport(s), including the visa, to the destination of the applicant’s choice after the visa has been approved. Courier charges are Rs. 350.00 plus RS. 50 for each additional family member in your application payable by Demand Draft to ‘Blue Dart Express Limited’. This fee also covers insurance for insurance against loss/damage due to fire, natural calamities, theft and accidental damages while in transit for each immigrant visa and passport.

Thanks vm1214

My employer said me to write a rough draft with all the details needed ....and finally he will do changes and make the final draft ....

BJ77
vm1214 said:

ashram

I had asked the same question (regarding the $65) in this forum couple of weeks back. Raju595 did reply to me that it is not required. Searching for the link for the said post. Will post it here if i find it.

Thanks,
DA

ashram said:

Thanks,
Ashram.

Hi Ashram and J (DA)
This is my understanding after I went through the Mumbai consulate website and it clearly indicates the following

IV COMBINED PROCESSING FEE (Demand Draft) is $335 or Rs 15410/- (the word combined mean application fees($260) + issuance fee($65) = $325 (Balance $10 not sure )

IV ISSUANCE FEE (Demand Draft) (For applicants who have paid
the current $260/- IV application fee via the NVC) is $65 or RS 2990/-

So if you guys have paid $335 to NVC you don't have any fees pending except the courier charges as all the consulates do not charge for that.

Hope this helps.