Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

NVC message

Hi friends! this is my first post. NVC finished reviewing my case on 06/15. Does that mean my case been sent to
Chennai on the same day? I was under impression that's not. I waited one week, NVC still playing same message!!. Does any body know what is the deal?

Other question: I have got PCC from indian consulate, Chicago. The body of the certificate says

"There is no adverse information against Mr.XXXXXXXX, holder of Indian passport no. xxxxx issued at xxxxx
on xxxx wgich would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities"
sgd. by asst consulate officer-

I have seen other postings here mentioned about USA visa also, is that would be issue? Thx for help-

kgn said:
Does that mean my case been sent to
Chennai on the same day? I was under impression that's not. I waited one week,
No the case is not yet sent to Chennai. Only word of advice I repeatedly give around this board is 'patience'. It's only a week since the update. Just wait for couple of weeks, before bringing out the panic antennas.

Umm! Not that bad. Thanks to the forum, I was prepared. It did not come as a curve ball at all :rolleyes:

Only thing, I'm ticked off is another day trip to Mumbai .

Does any name check people know, if once the check is cleared, does one have to go to the consulate inside person to show their pretty face or they will automatically issue it.

Ex CPers at Mumbai, does BMB courier the resulant packet? or allow to be picked up by a representative?

I'm not tired of eating (Yummy) grilled sandwiches at "right place" or having delecious cold coffee with ice-cream, but I would like to avoid the trip if possible.

kgn said:
Hi friends! this is my first post. NVC finished reviewing my case on 06/15. Does that mean my case been sent to
Chennai on the same day? I was under impression that's not. I waited one week, NVC still playing same message!!. Does any body know what is the deal?

Other question: I have got PCC from indian consulate, Chicago. The body of the certificate says

"There is no adverse information against Mr.XXXXXXXX, holder of Indian passport no. xxxxx issued at xxxxx
on xxxx wgich would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities"
sgd. by asst consulate officer-

I have seen other postings here mentioned about USA visa also, is that would be issue? Thx for help-

The message would change to..."NVC has reviewed your case and forwarded it to the consulate/embassy in XXXXX on XX/XX/XX".

Medical Test Photo - Size Requirement

Raju595 said:
The photo requirement is the same irrespective of the consulate you are attending.
a) 3 or 4 copies of Immigration style (also called ADIT style, side-pose )
photos.Research the forum and go to a studio that is experienced.
AND
b) 2 or 3 copies of regural passport style (looking straight) for your
medical forms etc.
-----------------
Raju, All,

Would you know what the requirements for the photo size is for the medical tests? Should it fit the box that is printed on the form that is sent in the email from the consulate, in place of the P4? That would be 1.5' x 1.5'. I understand that the IV size photo used to be 2' x 2' and has been modified recently.

Thanks,
Sreek

For medicals depending on the hospital, size does not matter much. I gave a 2X2 and after some haggling it was accepted.

IV photos were 35X40 mm.

They still are. In addition starting July, 2'X2' passport style pics are reqd. for machine readble IV. The former would go on your GC.

alren said:
For medicals depending on the hospital, size does not matter much. I gave a 2X2 and after some haggling it was accepted.QUOTE]

Thanks Alren.

Maybe someone with experience from Chennai could throw some light on what Lister Labs needs. Do they need something that fits the box on the form that the consulate emails you instead of the P4? That size is 1.5' x 1.5'.
I am trying to find out from the lab itself. I will post what I find out.

Thanks,
Sreek

hi,
one of my friend had her interview scheduled on 23 june in chennai.but she was held up 'cause of some problem in her xray(i'm not aware of exact problem in her xray).the doc advised her to go in for sputum specimen.when she went for interview next day,consulate told her that interview can't be conducted until she produces her med.report.she's been advised by docs that result may take 1week.
folks,can her GC be refused in such med.grounds?
any body else with familiar experience,please share your views.
austin.

H1 stamp appointment conflict with Green Card appointment

Hello,

My wife is on H1-B but does not have it stamped on her passport yet. We have our IV appointment for July 16th. Hopefully everything will work out well and we will not need to use her H1-B again. However, as a contingency plan, we are taking all required documents for her to get her H1 stamped on her passport. This is so that she could return to the US if IV faces problems.

We were wondering if anyone has any experience of scheduling an appointment at the consulate for H1-B stamping a week after their IV appointment. Do you think this will affect our IV interview and so do you think it best to get the H1-B appointment ONLY if needed? We have a 3 week vacation and do not know if we will get an appointment at such short notice.

Any feedback is appreciated,
Sreek

sreek said:
Hello,

My wife is on H1-B but does not have it stamped on her passport yet. We have our IV appointment for July 16th. Hopefully everything will work out well and we will not need to use her H1-B again. However, as a contingency plan, we are taking all required documents for her to get her H1 stamped on her passport. This is so that she could return to the US if IV faces problems.

We were wondering if anyone has any experience of scheduling an appointment at the consulate for H1-B stamping a week after their IV appointment. Do you think this will affect our IV interview and so do you think it best to get the H1-B appointment ONLY if needed? We have a 3 week vacation and do not know if we will get an appointment at such short notice.

Sreek
Unless you don't have the reqd. documents, they cannot refuse the IV. If the IV is refused, the same grounds will be used for refusal of H1B.

In my opinion, this will be a fruitless exercise.

Concur with the above post of alren....
BJ77
sreek said:
Hello,

Sreek

sreek said:
Hello,

Sreek

Agree with the two posts above.

Raju

Sreek,

I did the lab tests at Lister today. I gave a 2x2 and it was accepted without any questions. In fact I was not even asked to show the appointment letter. Hope this info helps.

Thanks,
DA

sreek said:
alren said:
For medicals depending on the hospital, size does not matter much. I gave a 2X2 and after some haggling it was accepted.QUOTE]

Thanks Alren.

Maybe someone with experience from Chennai could throw some light on what Lister Labs needs. Do they need something that fits the box on the form that the consulate emails you instead of the P4? That size is 1.5' x 1.5'.
I am trying to find out from the lab itself. I will post what I find out.

Thanks,
Sreek

Packet 4 Arrived

My Packet 4 arrived today at my US address. It was only 2 pages one saying I have the interview on July 16th listing my case number and no of applicants.

The other is one page saying what documents to bring.

Is that ALL there is to packet 4?

Any inputs appreciated.

thanks
abaliga

Packet 4 Update

Hello,

I also havent received my packet. Im leaving this weekend for my iview on 13th. I emailed consulate in chennai.
They forwarded me an email saying my iview is on such and such date and asked me to bring a copy of the email. apart from that there were additional attachments to it.

Hi, I have received my packet 4 today and it has got just two documents in it. One appointment letter and another is a list of documents to carry.

If you haven't received the appointment letter, then their email confirmation should be good.

spkumar

P4 & App. Letter

abaliga said:
My Packet 4 arrived today at my US address. It was only 2 pages one saying I have the interview on July 16th listing my case number and no of applicants.

The other is one page saying what documents to bring.

Is that ALL there is to packet 4?

Any inputs appreciated.

thanks
abaliga

I also received my P4 today(Jun 28). It has only 2 pages.
1. App.Letter and 2. List of Docs.
My interview date is also on July 16th.
C u there.
Good luck.

I-134 ?

Me and my wife are applying for GC, i have a 6month old born in US.

what should be the reply in the following sections ?

1.D ? Presently in H1.
In Section 3

1. Name of spouse and children accompanying or following to join person: ?

8. I guess it should be my wife and babies names is that right ?

9. My In-laws where here, so i provided I-134 for them, they left in Apr'04. what should i mention ?

11. Not clear.

Please klarifi Makkale !!

Thx

heynow said:
Me and my wife are applying for GC, i have a 6month old born in US.

what should be the reply in the following sections ?

1.D ? Presently in H1.
{Leave it blank as you are still on H1 and you do not have A# assigned}
In Section 3

1. Name of spouse and children accompanying or following to join person: ?

8. I guess it should be my wife and babies names is that right ?

{I had filled two seperate I-134 for the wife and the baby but if the baby is US born then it is said in this forum that we don't need it but I made it as a precautionary }

9. My In-laws where here, so i provided I-134 for them, they left in Apr'04. what should i mention ?
{You inlaws name/s and the date you submitted their application }
11. Not clear.
{If the whole family is going for interview then leave it blank }

Please klarifi Makkale !!

Thx

Thanks