Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

Srini,
The customer service information given on the immigrant visa section of the Chennai consulate is
Customer Service Unit
Telephone: 91 (44) 2811-2000

So try calling this number hope you get through.

Hi,
I called Telephone: 91 (44) 2811-2000 also. I asked the the operator for immigrant visa section and was directed to the same AVR sytem and it again goes dead when select option 1 for English.
Can I ask the operator, when I call 2811 - 2000
Thanks

interview date confirmed

I could speak to the operator calling 28112060, just now and my interview is scheduled for July 16th at 8 AM. I am aslo told that interview letter has been mailed to my US address and to download P4 documents through internet.
Thanks for all the fellow CPers - for all the info regarding CP

Thank you very much....I think you are talking about mubal?Am i right...?
Going_CP said:
Bj77,
Since you are in Detroit. go to miindia.com.
The travel agent I talked to is: Worldwide Travel Inc.

29217 Ford Road, Suite 118
Garden City, MI 48135
Tel: (800) 504-3044
(734) 838-9998
Fax (734) 525-7308

My friend who went to India to attend CP interview on 6/17/04 booked his from
Jafferson Travels. They gave him a good deal June5-july21
Their contact is:
2860 Carpenter Road
Suite #100
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Tel: (734) 477-7786
Toll free: (877) 2go-4fun
Click here to Email

BJ77 said:
I am just curious to know in what type of mail the P4 will be sent by the department of state? whether USPS First class mail or priority mail
First Class mail.

rashmi_rau said:
With the format. It looks just like a plain piece of paper printed (looks like in mainframe format). Is this what everyone receives?
Yes
Second:
I just need to carry these and nothing else, right? Not copies of 1040, W2s etc.
Would'nt hurt to carry the 1040/W2. I'm carrying all.

Interview Date confirmed

My interview at the Chennai Consulate is scheduled on the 2nd July, 2004 @ 8:00 A.M. Last week I called up the consulate and got the date. I also re-confirmed this morning by looking at the website where they have posted the interview dates.

Booked the tickets to fly on the 24th through Air-India. This is what I got in such a short period of time. The ticket fare was $1495 + Taxes. This is a direct flight from Newark to Bombay with a stop over in Paris(No changes of aircrafts though).

Finalizing all the documents for the upcoming interview. All the best for the aspiring CPer's who have their interview during the month of july at Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi Consulates.

DA

Jalabalajings:
All the best on your interview.Have nice and safe trip.Keep us posted.

BJ77
jalabalajings said:
My interview at the Chennai Consulate is scheduled on the 2nd July, 2004 @ 8:00 A.M. Last week I called up the consulate and got the date. I also re-confirmed this morning by looking at the website where they have posted the interview dates.

Booked the tickets to fly on the 24th through Air-India. This is what I got in such a short period of time. The ticket fare was $1495 + Taxes. This is a direct flight from Newark to Bombay with a stop over in Paris(No changes of aircrafts though).

Finalizing all the documents for the upcoming interview. All the best for the aspiring CPer's who have their interview during the month of july at Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi Consulates.

DA

Thanks BJ77. All the best for your interview too. I will keep all the members of this CP forum posted about my interview experiences.

DA

BJ77 said:
Jalabalajings:
All the best on your interview.Have nice and safe trip.Keep us posted.

BJ77

Sailing Permit Question

Guys,

Have any of you bothered to take the Sailing Permit as described on www.immihelp.com? from the local IRS offices?

Please let me know. My interview date is July 16th and am trying to gather all documents before I leave.

thanks
abaliga

abalinga:
This is one same question i asked and Raju595 has replied to it.I have pasted our posts here.Go through it.
BJ77
I know the sailing permit and FBI check are not required for the interview.Is it worth spending time to collect those documents?

{No. We say this based on the number of candidates who have gone
to the interview without these and came out successfully }

Presuming my case as very exceptional if suppose by any chance the consular officer asks me about the sailing permit ....and if i say him...i dont have it.....will he give a temporary visa to come here (bcos my old visa will be cancelled without prejudice) and collect it?
{For this document you would not get into any problem. However for your
peace of mind there is a memo by Secretary of State Colin Powell which
you can get on the internet which clearly says the sailing permit is not
required }

In FBI name check ...though .... i have the clearance from my side he will tell me to wait until he gets it cleared from his side right!!!!!So is it worth spending time for those things?

{In my opinion it is not worth it}

{my responses}

Raju

abaliga said:
Guys,

Have any of you bothered to take the Sailing Permit as described on www.immihelp.com? from the local IRS offices?

Please let me know. My interview date is July 16th and am trying to gather all documents before I leave.

thanks
abaliga

Hi Jabalings

Dear Jabalings,

I just found out that my interview has been scheduled on the same day as you at the Chennai consulate. I wasn't really prepared for such an early interview date. But anyway, I would appreciate if you could send me a list of all the documents that you have prepared and all the necessary steps that I need to take, like scheduling medical etc.,

I understand that it might be a painful excercise for you, but would highly appreciate your help in this. We are in a panic mode now. Please help!

Thanks.

Question on Medicals

Hi guys,

I have questions regarding medicals. I have taken all my vaccinations - BUT most / all of which dont have any associated documentation.

Before the CP interview, during our medicals, should we submit any documentation that we've taken all our vaccinations?

Or does the doctor administer the vaccines we have not taken based on some check list we say yes or no to?

can someone point me to where I can find the list of required vaccinations?

Should we be carrying records of past surgeries although it has no relevance right now interms of continued medication etc etc. I've had a couple of surgeries - only one of which has documentation i can find.

Thanks for the clarification

Dilbert

Documents required for interview

Hi Ashram,

So far the following are the documents that I have collected for the interview:

1). Appointment letter for immigrant visa interview. (Waiting for Packet 4. If I don't get it by the 24th June then I will get a copy from the US Consulate in Chennai)
2). DS 230 Part II for each applicant. It is part of Packet 4. (downloaded the forms from www.immihelp.com)
3). Copy of the Packet 3 DS 230 Part I that was submitted to NVC
4). All expired and valid passports
5). Birth certificates/affidavits. Since my wife doesn't have a birth certificate I have got affidavits signed by her Mom and Dad before a Judicial Magistrate and also the certificate from the Registrar's office that her birth was not registered.
6). All Degree certificates/transcripts.
7). All prior work experience letters
8). All prior H1's, H4's and original approval notice of I-140
9). Notarized employment letter from the company. (Still waiting for it. Will receive it on Friday)
10). Bank and other assets statements like stocks etc.
11). W-2s, personal tax returns(1040) for last 3 years.
12). Tax transcripts for the last 3 years
13). Last 6 month pay stubs.
14). Proofs of vaccinations for me and my dependents
15). Notarized Form I-134 Affidavit of Support for my dependents.
16). IRS 9003 Additional questions for the applicant for permanent residence. This is an IRS form and not INS. Each applicant including dependents should fill this form. You have to write you SSN (or ITIN) and four questions regarding income tax. No signature is required on this form. It is a part of Packet 4. (I got this from immihelp.com)
17). Social Security cards of each family member who have social security number. For others, ITIN number cards.
18). Police certificates from the Indian Consulate in U.S. (Only if you are residing in U.S. otherwise you should get it in India) -- Still waiting for it. Had sent the passports last wednesday for getting the PCC's stamped. Should be receiving it tomorrow or on wednesday.
19). If you have any US born (US Citizen) children, you should carry proof of their citizenship.(Birth certificate, passport etc.)
20). If married, then Marriage photographs, marriage invitation card and most importantly marriage certificate.

Ashram, Hope this helps. Now regarding Medicals, since you need the appointment letter that comes with P4 for doing the medicals, I am asking one of family member to go to the consulate and get a copy of the appointment letter for me.

Since I will be reaching India on the 26th which is a saturday, I can't do the medicals the same day. I am planning to do the medicals on Monday morning at Lister Laboratories areound 7:30 or 8:00 and then planning to get the results the same day evening. I am going to take an appointment with Dr.Vijayalakshmi the same day evening. If everything goes well then I should be done with my medicals on the 28th. Meanwhile the same day I could aslo take the immigration style photographs from FotoIndia(Need to check the location of this place).

Then get ready for the interview on the 2nd. Hope everything completes smoothly.

Seniors and Ex CP'ers please let me know if I am missing something regarding the documents for the interview.

Thanks,
DA

ashram said:
Dear Jabalings,

I just found out that my interview has been scheduled on the same day as you at the Chennai consulate. I wasn't really prepared for such an early interview date. But anyway, I would appreciate if you could send me a list of all the documents that you have prepared and all the necessary steps that I need to take, like scheduling medical etc.,

I understand that it might be a painful excercise for you, but would highly appreciate your help in this. We are in a panic mode now. Please help!

Thanks.

Question on Docs list

Hi DA,

How did you get proof of vaccination? Could you please clarify. I've taken all vaccinations but do not have any proof..

Thanks,
Dilbert

Proof of Vaccination

Dilbert,

Initially I was thinking to do 485 (AOS). So I did the medicals for 485. This was a long time back (around 8 months back even before my 140 was approved).

The doc injected some shots for the vaccination requirements and gave me the proof regarding the dates the shots were administeerd and the type of shots.

DA

dilbert30 said:
Hi DA,

How did you get proof of vaccination? Could you please clarify. I've taken all vaccinations but do not have any proof..

Thanks,
Dilbert

Hi DA,

Thanks for the input.

Anyone else - If you are in the same situation as I am - please help :confused:

Thanks,
Dilbert

jalabalajings said:
Dilbert,

Initially I was thinking to do 485 (AOS). So I did the medicals for 485. This was a long time back (around 8 months back even before my 140 was approved).

The doc injected some shots for the vaccination requirements and gave me the proof regarding the dates the shots were administeerd and the type of shots.

DA

jalabalajings said:
Hi Ashram,

So far the following are the documents that I have collected for the interview:

1). Appointment letter for immigrant visa interview. (Waiting for Packet 4. If I don't get it by the 24th June then I will get a copy from the US Consulate in Chennai)
2). DS 230 Part II for each applicant. It is part of Packet 4. (downloaded the forms from www.immihelp.com)
3). Copy of the Packet 3 DS 230 Part I that was submitted to NVC
4). All expired and valid passports
5). Birth certificates/affidavits. Since my wife doesn't have a birth certificate I have got affidavits signed by her Mom and Dad before a Judicial Magistrate and also the certificate from the Registrar's office that her birth was not registered.
6). All Degree certificates/transcripts.
7). All prior work experience letters
8). All prior H1's, H4's and original approval notice of I-140
9). Notarized employment letter from the company. (Still waiting for it. Will receive it on Friday)
10). Bank and other assets statements like stocks etc.
11). W-2s, personal tax returns(1040) for last 3 years.
12). Tax transcripts for the last 3 years
13). Last 6 month pay stubs.
14). Proofs of vaccinations for me and my dependents
15). Notarized Form I-134 Affidavit of Support for my dependents.
16). IRS 9003 Additional questions for the applicant for permanent residence. This is an IRS form and not INS. Each applicant including dependents should fill this form. You have to write you SSN (or ITIN) and four questions regarding income tax. No signature is required on this form. It is a part of Packet 4. (I got this from immihelp.com)
17). Social Security cards of each family member who have social security number. For others, ITIN number cards.
18). Police certificates from the Indian Consulate in U.S. (Only if you are residing in U.S. otherwise you should get it in India) -- Still waiting for it. Had sent the passports last wednesday for getting the PCC's stamped. Should be receiving it tomorrow or on wednesday.
19). If you have any US born (US Citizen) children, you should carry proof of their citizenship.(Birth certificate, passport etc.)
20). If married, then Marriage photographs, marriage invitation card and most importantly marriage certificate.

Ashram, Hope this helps. Now regarding Medicals, since you need the appointment letter that comes with P4 for doing the medicals, I am asking one of family member to go to the consulate and get a copy of the appointment letter for me.

Since I will be reaching India on the 26th which is a saturday, I can't do the medicals the same day. I am planning to do the medicals on Monday morning at Lister Laboratories areound 7:30 or 8:00 and then planning to get the results the same day evening. I am going to take an appointment with Dr.Vijayalakshmi the same day evening. If everything goes well then I should be done with my medicals on the 28th. Meanwhile the same day I could aslo take the immigration style photographs from FotoIndia(Need to check the location of this place).

Then get ready for the interview on the 2nd. Hope everything completes smoothly.

Seniors and Ex CP'ers please let me know if I am missing something regarding the documents for the interview.

Thanks,
DA

Best of luck
waiting for packet 3
VJ