Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

How long for the EAD card to arrive after the "Card Production Ordered" update?

For those folks who have received their EAD cards, can you update within how many days after the "Card Production Ordered" update can you expect to receive the EAD card.

EB-1 India/China : 01JAN07
EB-2 India/China : 01APR04/01APR06
EB-3 India/China : unavailable

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3761.html
I am confused about Visa number allotment. We waited till our PD became current to file for 485. After we file 485, if the dates are retrogessed, do we have to wait again till our PD becomes current so that we get Visa number and then physical Green card or once we file 485 we get visa number irrespective of current Visa dates?

Gurus, any thoughts?

I am confused about Visa number allotment. We waited till our PD became current to file for 485. After we file 485, if the dates are retrogessed, do we have to wait again till our PD becomes current so that we get Visa number and then physical Green card or once we file 485 we get visa number irrespective of current Visa dates?

Gurus, any thoughts?

Your I-485 approval is a function of visa availability that time otherwise you can enjoy other benefits EAD/AP/AC-21 .

EAD Cards received

Physical EAD Cards were received today (6 days after "Card Production ordered and 2 days after "Approval Notice Sent")

Gurus, any thoughts?

While there are anomolies, in a nutshell, yes, you have to wait until your priority dates are current again.

How Insane is that?

While there are anomolies, in a nutshell, yes, you have to wait until your priority dates are current again.

I don't believe that's true. The reason, they did not allowed us to file for I-485 for so long was that they did not have Visa numbers available. Only when the visa numbers became available they changed the PD dates and let us file for 1-485 or so called adjustment of status, which I believe is to adjust to Permanent Resident Status from Alien. Visa numbers = Green Card Numbers, unless it is otherwise

Now, the question remains is how they are going to satisfy 500,000 applicants with 100,000 or less visa numbers currently available.

Now, the question remains is how they are going to satisfy 500,000 applicants with 100,000 or less visa numbers currently available.

You are jumping way ahead. Most of the people who filed are from retrogression affected (India/China). Per country limit is 7% of 140,000 + unused from other country.

out of 7% of 140K, approx 28% goes to each of the category EB1/EB2/EB3 .
Visas are allocated quaterly unlike H1.

So in actual sense very few visas ~1000 or less could be available .

Case moved to different location, and no news after that.

Anyone in similar situation? Please speak up.

My details...

PD: March, 2004 (EB2/RIR)
AOS Docs Sent: 06/05/2007 (131, 485, 765)
RD: 06/18/2007
ND: 07/03/2007
FP Notice Rcvd : YES (07/09/2007)
FP Done : YES (07/24/2007)
LUD : YES (07/24, 07/25, 08/03)
AP received : NO
EAD received : NO
I485 received : NO
Center : NSC

Thanks

I really don't care, but looks like they have multiple offices in Nebraska and i think they moved (I can see from LUD this morning) my case from Lincoln to Omaha.

YESTERDAYThis case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location.
Current Status: Case received and pending.

TODAY
We transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our OMAHA, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.
Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

That's it for now.
Thanks

Approval to card

Gjtsn
Did you got card production ordered message also or just approval message, I got message 765 approved on 8/12 but no card ordered message, still waiting for card.

How long it took you from approval notice to actual card receipt.

Appreciate your help.

I received an email update with "I-765 Approval notices Sent". The notice was said to have been sent on 08/13

Gjtsn
Did you got card production ordered message also or just approval message, I got message 765 approved on 8/12 but no card ordered message, still waiting for card.

How long it took you from approval notice to actual card receipt.

Appreciate your help.

I first got a Card Ordered message. 2 days later I got an "approval notice Sent" message and 2 days later again, I got the Cards. Hope this helps.