Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

I got receipt number by calling 800 number today, receipt numbers starting with LIN, when I entered them in uscis website, I got message for no record for those numbers. Anybody experienced the same?
My receipt generated on July 12 as told by IO
Also any idea which Service Center issues receipt starting LIN?

LIN = Nebraska Service Center. (Lincoln, NE)
EAC = Vermont Service Center. (St. Albans, VT)
SRC = Texas Service Center. (Mesquite, TX)

------------------

This question could be answered by any person that filed the I-485 in Nebraska from Central or West U.S.(Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, or Wyoming) and that got a receipt number for their previously approved I-140 starting with SRC, or that got now a recepit number for I-485 starting with SRC. I bet that there are a lot of people in the situation, please give us a clue.
I am from NJ and my 140 was approved at TSC, my 485 was sent to NSC but i got all receipts from TSC. So are the cases with my friends too. But on this forum i have seen some cases where the 140 was approved at TSC but they got the receipt from NSC, so its not quite clear. But most of the cases i saw, got 485 receipts from the same center where they got their 140 approved. Hope this helps.

Hi Algo Unico, thanks for your reply. But my question is with out getting your receipt numbers how will you know your documents have been transfered from NSC to TSC?

I am from NJ and my 140 was approved at TSC, my 485 was sent to NSC but i got all receipts from TSC. So are the cases with my friends too. But on this forum i have seen some cases where the 140 was approved at TSC but they got the receipt from NSC, so its not quite clear. But most of the cases i saw, got 485 receipts from the same center where they got their 140 approved. Hope this helps.

Thanks Virat, that is my guess too,that because my I-140 start with SRC, that my I-485 will most likely be transferred to Texas, so looking at your past experience, had the call center (USCIS) let you know "yes, we transferred your case to Texas" (this before the Notice date), or only after Texas cleared your checks you came to know that they were processing your case? Is because Nebraska is supposed to enter everything in the system this wednesday and my checks have not cleared so may be they shipped my case to Texas and I will come to know before AUgust 3rd (or you think in this case the 1-800 will be able to let me know?).

Thanks again

-------

PS: Vikango, there is no way to know unless someone lets you know over the phone which I do not know if they do that is why I am asking Virat.

Got Receipt Numbers on Phone

Called USCIS few mins back and got receipt numbers for I485/EAD/AP :)

----------
Dec 2003 EB2 India

I-485/EAD/AP:
Reached NSC on 06/18
LUD 07/16

Called USCIS few mins back and got receipt numbers for I485/EAD/AP :)

----------
Dec 2003 EB2 India

I-485/EAD/AP:
Reached NSC on 06/18
LUD 07/16
have you tried your receipt numbers to check Case Status online, I tried and system could not locate the record for the receipt numbers provided to me by IO.
Anybody encountered same thing?

Thanks Virat, that is my guess too,that because my I-140 start with SRC, that my I-485 will most likely be transferred to Texas, so looking at your past experience, had the call center (USCIS) let you know "yes, we transferred your case to Texas" (this before the Notice date), or only after Texas cleared your checks you came to know that they were processing your case? Is because Nebraska is supposed to enter everything in the system this wednesday and my checks have not cleared so may be they shipped my case to Texas and I will come to know before AUgust 3rd (or you think in this case the 1-800 will be able to let me know?).

Thanks again

-------

PS: Vikango, there is no way to know unless someone lets you know over the phone which I do not know if they do that is why I am asking Virat.
I didnt make any call, and i got my receipts by 26th June with SRC#, Usually the packets are marked with Receipt date and thats what is honored when they enter data into system and issue a notice date. The CS dont know anything about the case until its fed into the system, so they wont be able to tell you anything. There is no way to find out if its getting xferred to TSC, but in most cases if 140 was approved from TSC, 485 will also end up there itself.

I like the fact that we can call and find out status, but I hope people understand that it's at the expense of their own, and other's cases being edjudicated that much slower. There are limited number of folks working at USCIS and it's service centers, and any "feel good" inquiries we make just takes time away from them in doing their job.

Wait for 45 days, and if you don't get Notice by then, then call. Use the service judiciously!

PS: no offense to anyone who has done it, and admitted doing it :)

Case Transferred from Nebraska to Texas

------------------

This question could be answered by any person that filed the I-485 in Nebraska from Central or West U.S.(Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, or Wyoming) and that got a receipt number for their previously approved I-140 starting with SRC, or that got now a recepit number for I-485 starting with SRC. I bet that there are a lot of people in the situation, please give us a clue.

Here is my situation - hope it would shed some light into your situation(s). My attorneys filed my I-140 and I-485 concurrently on June 14, 2007 at Nebraska. On July 13 I got my receipt numbers by calling the 800 number. They asked me where my case was filed, I said Nebraska and asked if it might have been transferred to TX since I live in TX. The IO said it should be in Nebraska. However, when he gave me the receipt #s (for I-485, EAD, and AP, none for I-140 so far), they all started w/ SRC. I have not received the actual notices yet but my case status online says that all 3 documents are in Texas. I do live in the state of Texas. My guess is they are going by the new filing locations that become effective today but this is just a guess.. They may just be trying to spread the caseload more uniformly among the centers.

Got receipt # by calling up USCIS.
EB3 - India - Sep'01(priority date)
Labor - approved in Jan'07
140 - approved on 5th July'07
485 :
applied on 6/13/07
got receipt # on 7/16/07 for 485/131/765
(Case applied to NSC, but is now transferred to Texas)

have you tried your receipt numbers to check Case Status online, I tried and system could not locate the record for the receipt numbers provided to me by IO.
Anybody encountered same thing?

Sorry to hear that. I am able to retrieve the case status for all the cases successfully

You and I have pretty similar cases. Wish you luck! Did you get your FP notice yet?

Got receipt # by calling up USCIS.
EB3 - India - Sep'01(priority date)
Labor - approved in Jan'07
140 - approved on 5th July'07
485 :
applied on 6/13/07
got receipt # on 7/16/07 for 485/131/765
(Case applied to NSC, but is now transferred to Texas)

My info.

Hi all,
Here is my info.

H1 8th VALID UNTILL OCT. 2007

**** I140 ****
RD May 07, 2007

**** I485, I131, I765 ****
Mailed to NSC on June 5, 2007
Transfered to TSC
RD June 13, 2007
ND June 18, 2007
LUD June 16, 2007
FP July 11,2007
LUD July 11,2007(485)
LUD July 12,2007(485)

I like the fact that we can call and find out status, but I hope people understand that it's at the expense of their own, and other's cases being edjudicated that much slower. There are limited number of folks working at USCIS and it's service centers, and any "feel good" inquiries we make just takes time away from them in doing their job.

Wait for 45 days, and if you don't get Notice by then, then call. Use the service judiciously!

PS: no offense to anyone who has done it, and admitted doing it :)

I don't think the IO officers who work on the cases are the same that answers the phone.....

We just did our today. How do you know it didnt come out ok? If it didnt system wont even accept. As long as they said its done, i think you are ok - no worries...
Dont start worrying abt all these small things, we have long way to go :)

I called up FBI at 304-625-2000 (Customer service and option 3) and enquired about my fingerprint status. They say that the prints were readable (for myself and spouse) and that they responded back to INS on July 11 (the day of my FP). Lets wait and see.
This whole process seems endless.......started on Aug 2001

Do Not Lose Hope

My Friend - you have to act like your handle - do not lose hope. One day, some day, we shall overcome... and all of us will spend time with our families instead of worrying and giving each other solace via this.

Good Luck to all!

I called up FBI at 304-625-2000 (Customer service and option 3) and enquired about my fingerprint status. They say that the prints were readable (for myself and spouse) and that they responded back to INS on July 11 (the day of my FP). Lets wait and see.
This whole process seems endless.......started on Aug 2001

I didnt make any call, and i got my receipts by 26th June with SRC#, Usually the packets are marked with Receipt date and thats what is honored when they enter data into system and issue a notice date. The CS dont know anything about the case until its fed into the system, so they wont be able to tell you anything. There is no way to find out if its getting xferred to TSC, but in most cases if 140 was approved from TSC, 485 will also end up there itself.

Virat, Have you received the I131 in mail. Just checking because your AP was approved in June it self.