Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

SFO Finger Print VISIT - can you share your exp

SFO Finger Print VISIT - can you pls share your exp???

My appt is next tue. I have three kids can i take them along with me?

Also, what are the docs we need take and how long the whole process takes??

Hi,

I called the 800# again today to see if I am lucky today. But got the same answer as yesterday, that my details are still not in the system. They asked me to call back again in two weeks.

Does anyone know what is going to happen to those applicants whoes packets are not yet opened? How will they distinguish between those rcvd before and after the July 2nd?

Just thot life is going to become better.... and now some confusions on the way. Can anyone one tell if I can consider myself safe as they have rcvd my packet on or before the 11th of June.

Thanks in advance
GCDreamer

Don't worry USCIS said that they will be honored the original received date.

Just go to
http://www.immigration-law.com/

click on brake news and click on
07/06/2007: USCIS Updates Receipting Backlogs

Or just try this:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ReceiptingTimes28Jun07.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
I completed my FP yesterday and I also mentioned only I-485 in the "Benefits".
I don't think this should be an issue as my I-131 is already approved.

I circled I-485, I-131 and I-765 but decided it was best to draw it to the attention of the woman who called my number out.

She politely told me that only the 485 had to be circled and took an eraser and rubbed out the latter two.

Hope this helps, but if in doubt, just ask!

Last edited by a moderator:
BarneySha

code 3 10 fingers / index and thumb prints + picture taken...
amidst lotsa hand twisting...spraying with water n pressing fingers on the screen to get clear prints..red match found msgs on screen....not to forget the totally annoyed agent!!! (what's her frikkin problem???? arghhhhh!!!)

LUD on my 485 - today 7/11/07
spouse's 485 - LUD 7/10 and 7/11
good luck folks who are waiting...
the Gandhigiri flower campaign by IV members seems to have caught some attention!!

Hi BarneySha,
Does the "red match found msgs on screen" have any significance?

-GCKaIntezar

GCKaINtezaar - To answer your ?

The red match found msg would pop up and the screen would also show a red rectangle where the print wasnt clear (part of the finger)

Reading posts on the FP issues thread, apparently people have been asked to redo their FPs many times over and the reason being the person had sweaty palms which resulted in unclear prints. Apparently u can call FBI and chk if ur FPs were all OK.

I think my issue was dry / scaly ridges on my fingers..esp my index n thumb fingers. I did try to keep my finger tips moisturized the days leading to my FP.

It will be interesting to see if i am asked to redo my FPs

after several tries even tho the red match msg showed, the green progress bar at the bottom would go thru and the agent moved on to the next finger.

The system looks for very clear prints so it balks at any teeny tiny ridge that breaks up the fine lines on the finger.

Don't worry too much about it. I am not (tired of worrying!!!)

take care Ciao

USCIS is a BIG MESS

Since my I-485 application was filed 30 days ago on June14th and reached nebraska on Jun15th, I called USCIS today and spoke to representative for receipt numbers.First one transfered me to another representitive. She said they did not accept my application since there are no more visa numbers available. I told that we have mailed it on June 14th and received on June 15th when visa dates were current to my priority date (04/2002). She replied that it does not matter and I have to wait until October. She said if my application was not entered into systems by July 2nd then it would be rejected.
What a big mess.
Who is correct??
:-(

she is wrong!

Since my I-485 application was filed 30 days ago on June14th and reached nebraska on Jun15th, I called USCIS today and spoke to representative for receipt numbers.First one transfered me to another representitive. She said they did not accept my application since there are no more visa numbers available. I told that we have mailed it on June 14th and received on June 15th when visa dates were current to my priority date (04/2002). She replied that it does not matter and I have to wait until October. She said if my application was not entered into systems by July 2nd then it would be rejected.
What a big mess.
Who is correct??

I have been calling to find out my receipt numbers everyday since the past 3 days, and they were very nice and polite. I was informed that since there was an overload in the number of applications they received, there is infact a delay in sending out Receipts. She also told me that they were at this point in the process of sending out receipts for cases received in the 2nd week of June. She also mentioned that they are working weekends and they are hoping to send out most receipts of applications received in June by the end of the month.
Just so you know, my case was recd. on the last date they were accepting applications and I expressed the same concern, whether it will be processed. The lady said that as long as it was recd. on the date i should be fine.
So now there is no real way of know who is telling the truth, but I want to remain hopeful.

p.s. you can check to see if your checks were cashed, if so i was informed you can get your receipt. number from the back of the check.

Good luck!

What a big mess.
Who is correct??

I do know for sure that the lady is wrong and you can relax. I called the customer service on the 5th and my name was not in the system. I called them yesterday and all three of my applications (485, AP and EAD) were entered into the system on July 6th. I had sent my papers on June 12th and they were delivered to NSC on the 13th. My case is now with the TSC. The same is true for all my applications filed for my wife.

Hope this helps and you can enjoy your weekend. I was in the same position as you last weekend. Now, you know the truth :)

Case details:
EB3 Worldwide
I-485, AP, EAD
Filed - June 12th, Delivered - 13th, Receipt Number issued - July 6th.
Waiting for receipt numbers to show up in mail.

SFO Finger Print VISIT - can you pls share your exp???

My appt is next tue. I have three kids can i take them along with me?

Also, what are the docs we need take and how long the whole process takes??

We did ours this morning in Philadelphia. Kids were allowed in the waiting area, but not the area where FP was actually done. My spouse and I were gived the same number, but were told one of us would get it done first, then the other. You will need someone there to watch the kids while you are fingerprinted. You need to bring the FP notice and drive license. We had our passports with us, but they were not asked.

got another LUD today, can someone explain why there are 2 LUDs after FP, any insight would be helpful. Someone was telling me that if the namecheck goes through one gets another LUD, is that true???

I also got 2 LUD for I485, if you know details please let me know

FP concern

I gave my FP on July 11, 2007. The prints did not come out all that good. But the lady that took them did not say anything. In fact she said that the green card would be mailed. Could someone please tell me when do we know that the FP is not ok and that we need to go in for another one?

Thanks!

For those of you whose lawyers incorrectly filed their I-485 in Vermont, there is hope. I called up USCIS today and was able to get through to an IO and she pulled up my case based on my personal details (name, address, DOB). My case was received by VSC on June 11th, however it was transferred from VSC to NSC on July 3rd. An FP fees rejection notice (my lawyer never sent the check for Biometrics) was issued by NSC on July 5. She also gave the Receipt number for my case.

I asked her that if USCIS would start rejecting all cases received on or after July 2, would my case be affected because it was transferred from VSC to NSC on July 3. She told me that although it was received by NSC on July 3, VSC already received my case on June 11 and VSC did me favor by not rejecting the application and forwarding it to NSC. So, my RD is 06/11/07 and ND is 07/03/07. She said that NSC is running a Huge backlog and receipt notices can take as late as end of August.

My lawyer hasn't received any Receipt notices or the FP fees rejection notice yet.

Relax!! You will get it soon!

I do know for sure that the lady is wrong and you can relax. I called the customer service on the 5th and my name was not in the system. I called them yesterday and all three of my applications (485, AP and EAD) were entered into the system on July 6th. I had sent my papers on June 12th and they were delivered to NSC on the 13th. My case is now with the TSC. The same is true for all my applications filed for my wife.

Hope this helps and you can enjoy your weekend. I was in the same position as you last weekend. Now, you know the truth :)

Case details:
EB3 Worldwide
I-485, AP, EAD
Filed - June 12th, Delivered - 13th, Receipt Number issued - July 6th.
Waiting for receipt numbers to show up in mail.

I just had a similar experience - I finally got my receipt numbers (see details in sig) and was told my receipts were mailed to me on July 11. My case was also transferred from NSC to TSC - not sure why but I do live in TX. For those of you who had bad experience with IOs, I recommend to try calling again - I lucked out the 3rd time!

I got my Receipts from IO over the Phone

I called USCIS today and after passing from Customer Service. I asked IO about my case status and receipt. The Lady who took my call was not polite and said I have to go through my lawyer or Co. HR since the Co. Paid the application fees. I said okay and end the call.

I called the back again and said the something to CS (very polite person) and he transferred me to IO. IO ( a nice lady) gave me all the receipt # except 140. (Which I obtain from Lawyers office after that). She told me that the mailed the receipts on July 2, but I did not get anything yet as of today. I think they were some problem (or slow) in pushing the letters out.

This is my 2 cents advice, If you do not get a logical answer from IO, hang-up and call again.

Here is my case info:

EB3 (Rest Of World)
PD – Aug. 2003.
LC –Feb. 2007
I-140 (PP) -- RD 6/29/07, APPROVED 7/6/07
I-485 -- RD 6/29/07, ND 7/2/07, LUDs 7/5/07
AP -- RD 6/29/07, ND 7/2/07, LUDs 7/5/07, APPROVED TBD
EAD -- RD 6/29/07, ND 7/5/07 Approved TBD
FP -- TBD

I guess not much must be drawn from these LUD's. Also FP's and namechecks have nothing to do with each other.

Morever, my spouse had her FP done yesterday and haven't got a single LUD even though the FBI confirmed on phone that they received the FP yesterday and returned the results to USCIS the very same day.

I also got 2 LUD for I485, if you know details please let me know

I gave my FP on July 11, 2007. The prints did not come out all that good. But the lady that took them did not say anything. In fact she said that the green card would be mailed. Could someone please tell me when do we know that the FP is not ok and that we need to go in for another one?

Thanks!

We just did our today. How do you know it didnt come out ok? If it didnt system wont even accept. As long as they said its done, i think you are ok - no worries...
Dont start worrying abt all these small things, we have long way to go :)