Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

Question for the Gurus. I have a PD of June 2002 from India in EB3 category. Filed I 485 last year in July. Now my I140 is approved in EB2 category with PD of December 2007.
Can I update my currently filed I485 to EB2 category based upon the fresh approval of
I-140

Finally!

Dear All,
Finally the GC arrived yesterday and it is white, not green! Here is the sequence of events after the complaint to the congressman's liason officer, the wonderful Mr. Powers:

Mr Powers told me that TSC got overwhelmed and transferred truckloads of application to CSC. If my husband's application is in that pile, then the original 'receipt date' at TSC (6/7/07) is invalid and the application will be processed by the CSC receipt date (which we didn't know. He called TSC anyway and discovered that my husband's application was not transferred. The application was assigned to a supervisor and TSC promised to take action within 30 days. In about 10 days we got RFE for Medical/tuberculin test. My husband met with the same doctor with the RFE. The doctor prepared another Medical examination form and prepared the answer to the RFE and put it in a sealed envelop which my husband mailed. Meanwhile the lawyer's office also got a copy of our RFE and they told us to contact the immigration doctor asap and do the same. We mailed the answer to the RFE directly back to TSC. Got RFE received update on 7/22/08, GC approved/welcome/card ordered emails on 7/24, welcome letter on 7/31, GC on 8/2.
Finally it is over - after 14 long years! My heart goes out to those of you who are waiting. I know exactly what it is like. Have courage and patience.

Surprise email came today

After 7 years of fighting, finally today I recieved the surprise email from USCIS

Card production has been ordered for me, wife and son.
There were no LUDs for us after finger printing which happened in October, 2007

Congratulations. Finally the long journey has come to an end. Good luck to you on your future.

After 7 years of fighting, finally today I recieved the surprise email from USCIS

Card production has been ordered for me, wife and son.
There were no LUDs for us after finger printing which happened in October, 2007

i485 approval

Finally got approval for My GC.
Still waiting for spouse approval notice though...

EB3-I140 PD: June, 2003 AD: Jan 07
I-485 NoticeDate : Sep 29-07
EB2-I140 PD: June 2007 AD: May-29-2008
( porting of PD requested during filing of EB2-i140, but approved EB2-I-140 came with June 2007 PD )

Interfilling at USCIS NSC on 6/5/08 ( to use EB2 catagory but PD of EB3-I140.)
I-485 approval Date: Aug-1-08
Card receive date : ??
Spouse approval : ??

Congrats CALcawaiting

Hi CAlcawaiting,
I have a PD of June 2002 from India in EB3 category. Filed I 485 last year in July. Now my I140 is approved in EB2 category with PD of December 2007."
How long did it take USCIS in your case to switch your case to EB2

( porting of PD requested during filing of EB2-i140, but approved EB2-I-140 came with June 2007 PD )

Need some suggestions

Hi Calwaiting,

Is there a way for you to put down the process of porting from EB3 to EB2 while still maintaing PD of EB3? I am really desperate to do that now.

Would really appreciate your reply back.

Thanks,

fate of EB3 india

CONGRATS to all EB2 (and few EB3s) folks who received the coveted news!!!

My case is EB3 with PD 5/03 from India. Any guesses where the dates might move when quota opens in Oct 08?
Really tired of waiting now(aware that are many with me). Not hopeful though if the dates will move past 5/03 in Oct visa bulletin.

Few here mentioned that they ported their case to EB2 with same PD as EB3. Can someone please post more details? my lawyer screwed up by filing in EB3 even when i had master from US univ and my then job pay grade could demand it. anwyay, trying to do anything if we can now..

I did porting of my EB3 140 when I filed 485. Essentially my lawyer sent both 140's EB2 and EB3 along with the 485 application
EB3 PD Aug 2003
EB2 PD May 2006
Filed 485 in june 2007 , as EB2. USCIS accepted the application which means they took my application as EB2 since only EB2 was current in June 2007.

Thanks,

But, in June 2007, EB3 was current too. that's when i filed my EB3 485 case with PD 05/03.
Do you know what PD will be used when your 485 will be processed ? I think some earlier posts suggested that they had to do something additional in order to get the EB3 PD assigned to EB2.

I did porting of my EB3 140 when I filed 485. Essentially my lawyer sent both 140's EB2 and EB3 along with the 485 application
EB3 PD Aug 2003
EB2 PD May 2006
Filed 485 in june 2007 , as EB2. USCIS accepted the application which means they took my application as EB2 since only EB2 was current in June 2007.

Porting of EB3 to EB2

Thanks,

But, in June 2007, EB3 was current too. that's when i filed my EB3 485 case with PD 05/03.
Do you know what PD will be used when your 485 will be processed ? I think some earlier posts suggested that they had to do something additional in order to get the EB3 PD assigned to EB2.

That's right guys, merely acceptance is not right. In the earlier case, he should have received his GC by now since his PD is 2003. Also, in June 2007 EB3 and EB2 were both current so it does not really says anything.

EB3 Porting

That's right guys, merely acceptance is not right. In the earlier case, he should have received his GC by now since his PD is 2003. Also, in June 2007 EB3 and EB2 were both current so it does not really says anything.

I had an infopass appointment yesterday. My case has been assigned to an IO on July 18th. My name check is not clear yet. Besides I had a an LUD on both the 140's on Aug 6th. No approval in site yet but something is happening..

Besides in June 2007 EB3 India was current for June 01 2003. My EB3 140 PD ia Aug 01 2003. So they both were not current when I filed in June 2007. Without porting USCIS would have rejected my application.

June 2007 bulletin
2nd C 01JAN06 01APR04 C C
3rd 01JUN05 01JUN03 01JUN03 01JUN03 01JUN05

Called CIS

Hi Guys,
Its been long time and this forum is almost inactive. I called CIS last thursday to check on my case and was hoping to find out little details as usual.

THe person who answerd my phone was surprisingly very polite and nice. Actually my FP seemed to expired as it was taken more than 15 months ago. I asked her when will I get next notice for FP and her answer was when the officer looks at my file, s/he should request for another FP.

Me: When will the officer look at my file
Lady: When your PD becomes current, if they find any thing missing, they will request it.
Me: I have 2 140's approved which PD are you using
Lady: Officer will determine which pd to use when they look at your file
Me: when will officer look at my file
Lady: They open your file when your PD becomes current. (That is the catch, she doesn't tell me which pd they will use and how will they determine when my PD is current - may be GOD knows).
Me: What will the office do when my pd is current
Lady: All current pd's will be placed in a shelf in first come first basis. Yours will be looked upon your turn.
Me: Is my file in storage or with officer
Lady: It is not with the officer
Me: Can you see if FBI name check is cleared
Lady: We dont have that information as FBI does that background check.
Me: But htey will send you the check results, correct?
Lady: Correct, but I can not give it out to you. Looking at your file, every thing seems to be ok.
Me: You mean FBI name check cleared.
Lady: Yes. Everythings fine.
Me: ohh!
Lady: Is there anything I can help you with
Me: Thanks, that is all for today.

I dont kwow what to believe and what not to believe but atleast I was hoping to find out that they will use my Old PD which is 2001.

Good luck to everyone.

Received approval emails

We received approval emails for both of us; self and spouse.
Spouse's Card was mailed today, no CPO on primary application yet.

Other details in signature below.

How to follow up on porting EB2 prioirty date

I have PD of June 2002 in EB3 category. My labor got cleared in EB2 category and submitted an application to port my EB3 priority date in August 2008.
I have nor heard anything since.
How can I check what is going on