Let\'s continue tracking I-485 receipt date

No Title

Yes, I think so because it makes no senses to seperate I485 into different queue based on origin country. As to how many GCs would be available for I485 cases, I think DOS setting cutoff date is supposed to balance the demand and the provide, so as long as one\'s PD is current, that is suppose to indicate there are potentially availble GCs for him. Considering backlog of I485 cases, it is almost certain to say each I485 case, as long as no other reasons, would be approved in same queue. This is just my two-cents

JimZ

No Title

JimZ, I think you are mistaken. 485 processing depends on country of birth/origin. INS allots set number of visa every year to each country. Till recently, India and China used their quota\'s pretty quickly due to large number of filers. Let\'s say country \'X\' quota was not used by the end of the year, then the visa numbers alloted to that country expired. Now sometime in 2000, (I am not sure of the exact date.) INS changed some of the rules. At the end of each year, if country \'X\',\'Y\' or \'Z\' numbers are not used up, they will reallot those numbers to countries like India and China. That\'s the reason we\'ve seen all priority dates becoming current.

So, each country has its own queue during 485 processing.
Hope this helps.

No Title

Priority Date tells u that a visa is available. Processing of 485 does not depend on Country or EB category if the PD is current.

No Title

Which one of you is right? I appreciate all the answers, still don\'t get which one is right.

If I485 is dependent on country, how the INS will give the remain ones to country like India or China, I do want to know that...

will EAD be faster ?

bcoz of the backlogs.. there will be less EAD cases
on each of the IIO\'s plate ?
when was the last EAD(filed along with 485) approved ?

No Title

I tried provoking people to start new thread. But JimZ is the only one who responded seems to be going nuts like me waiting and waiting for I485 receipts. Glad to know there are other nuts also here. Just kidding...

No Title

Hi Guys

Did you check in infitimes.com, iwantmygc updated that he got Nd
on 7/18, he mailed on 5/14.

What it is True?. If so, Is INS sending out Mid May filers receipt?.

Please keep this thread alive
Thanks

I can\'t believe this

Just saw from the tracker. There is a guy who filed on 5/14/01 has already got notice. Is it a typo??? Go INS

JimZ

I am a nut??

I was a nut back two weeks ago but right now I am much more calm down. The reason? How about these:
(1) RD is the date being counted for 180 days rule. So even with notice being delayed there causes no negative effect whatsoever
(2) We got the tracker to monitor the date movement so we are no long crawling in the total dark
(3) There are so many people in the same boat :)

So everyday comes a little progress hence a little more calmness

JimZ

news for VSC I485 receipt waiters

Hi
  Tired of waiting and going nuts.. I eventually called up IIO and here
is the answer

When did You sent the I485 package ?
Around June 28. I have the fedex receipt.

Oh we are still looking at May packages and we have
not even opened your package ?

When should I get the ND ?

Positively by August end. There is a two month time
period before U get ND..

So wait for two more months after you mail the stuff..

AC21 section 106(c) : 180 rules

"Another advantage to the beneficiary of adjustment over consular processing is that the AC21 section 106(c) permanent residence portability provision specifies the filing of an adjustment of status application as a prerequisite for eligibility, and thus appears not to apply to persons in consular processing. Under this provision, someone whose adjustment application has been unadjudicated for 180 days or more can change jobs and/or employers if the new job is in the same or a similar occupational classification as the one for which the petition was filed. (Note that this portability provision does not apply to beneficiaries of EB-1 extraordinary ability petitions, most likely because Congress assumed that such petitions are already portable.)"

Hope this helps
JimZ

No Title

My pleasure JimZ. You are doing good work all receipt waiters. Keep up the good work

No Title

On second thoughts if they have not entered any case or opened our I485 package how will they know when the it arrived in the mail ? By looking at some postmark stamp ? Is the receipt date the day when they open our package after 2 months and ND the day they enter the stuff in their computer after few weeks.