Let\'s continue tracking I-485 receipt date

May receipt

I got I-485/EAD receipt from my lawyer today. I filed on May 3. RD 05/04, ND 07/18. I believe definitely VSC has hit month of May. So you will get yours very soon. I have updated in infitime.com with gcnobug.

gcnobug

No Title

Hi, guys

I have a question about ND on the receipt of I485,does it mean the date the INS send the receip out? If this way, could it mean that INS people handled the application of I485 of the end of April in the middle of July, then now they could handle the stuff of may, am I right?

Anybody has any ideas, correct me or... please!

No Title

It is the actual date on which the computer system generates your case# and notice

JimZ

No Title

JimZ, you are always helpful!

But can I say if a person filed I485 on May and his ND was 07/16 or 07/18, then INS started handling the May stuff by then, see people need some time to really get the receipt by normal mail, am I right?

No Title

ShanXin,

This is a special case that won\'t happen to I485 :(
But assuming it happened, INS would pull off the case based on RD increment(to my knowledge) so if your case was inputted in system after May then it would jump right up to the header.

JiMZ

No Title

Living as a foreign immigrant to US is really hard, mentally torture!

Any good news about receipt for today?

No Title

You are wrong here, as far as I know, VSC is processing cases always by ND, not by RD, that\'s how we got screwed big time, since mail room delay inputing our data in the system, we end up being processed(in the future) at the same time as those filed several months after us.

Once mail room is back to work, I don\'t see any difference between May filers and June filers, even July filers, we probably will all get the receipts around the same time ( next couple weeks).

this happened to my I-140 too, when I had to wait for 7 months , some guys got it in two months, so even they filed 5 months after me, they got approval same time as me.

Got off from IIO

Just got off from IIO. He said they are sending receipts for April 27th. He said he could not find my app. Does that mean they los it.
or just not yet entered in ths system. I filed my 485 on 5/31 and Fedex receipt shows that the same was received on 6/1

No Title

Your case is not yet put into their computer system. See the tracker, some folks filed on 5/3 have got receipt. The IIO needs to get updated

JimZ

RD blank on tracker

Thanks JimZ

I follow the tracker and is helpful. We know IIOs are always off. Atleast in this case it was a few days. I remeber ,earlier they were off by a couple of months.
BTW I updated my RD as 6/1(The day INS signed Fedex receipt) but however it became blank subsequently when I visited.

Thx

Do your guys know what is the procedure for VSC cash checks, prior to issue receipts or after?

No Title

mukund sarangapani,

RD is usually referred to receipt date that is the date printed on the your I485 receipt, not the one you got from Fedex. So I normally delete these invalid "RD"s because it sometimes gives people misinterpresion.

JimZ

I got the receipt from the lawyer today, RD05/04, ND07/18

Hi, All:

I got the I485 and I765 receipts from the lawyer today, RD 05/04, ND 07/18.

I have a question here. Can I go to local INS tomorrow to apply for a temporary EAD, because I am eager to work in early August? Then what I should I take with me, I485 receipt, I765 receipt or both?

Thanks,
Nicolee

No Title

JimZ, you need to give people sometime, it is still just in the morning. Well, would you please take a look at my question: Are people from different country standing in one line after they get into I485 or still seperate from country?

Please...