Let\'s continue tracking I-485 receipt date

here is my detail ...

got receipts from lawyer just now.

RD: 05/16/01, ND: 07/31/01 for all 485/EAD/AP for both my husband and I .

AD has been approved, probably I will see it in the mail after I go back home today.

Good luck to everyone ...

ShanXin, I don\'t know how I got through, I just keep dialing , and recently my phone is really good to me, whenever I want to talk to IIO, it lets me through after just few tries. I guess it\'s pure luck, but I heard you could grab the line right before(maybe 7:30am or so) IIO starts working hour around 8:00 am and stay in there then after 8:00 dial "0" to get IIO on the line, I think some people used that trick , though I never did, I always call during regular time.

hope above info helps.

No Title

Yes, you are helpful! Thank you!

By the way, did you check your bank account before you call IIO?

ShanXin, I didn\'t check my bank because check was written out of lawyer\'s bank

ShanXin, I didn\'t check my bank, I gave lawyer money using my personal check, they were made payable to lawyer not to INS, then when filing my 485, my lawyer wrote check himself using his bankbook to INS , so I have no way to check .

when I called IIO, she was asking for my name and date of birth, then she searched in computer( can hear her typing ), then found me and my husband\'s info and told me all that.

hope this helps.

got AP today when back home.

I have received AP for both me and my husband at home today.
next step , I am going to fight for my EAD.

Folks -- checks for 485

I think my attorney wrote a single check fro 485,AP & EAD.
I heard from my friends the enclosed seperate checks.

Will it matter -- single or multiple checks?

Thanks

crapshooter, are you going to apply for EAD at local INS ?

I am just wondering whether I can use that 90 days rule to get EAD at local INS office.

Do you know is that 90 days from RD or from ND ? some people told me RD , some said ND. since our RD and ND are far apart, this could make a big difference. could you please let me know if it\'s RD?

thanks very much.

GetGCin2002

Yeah I\'m planning to get EAD from the local INS office and I think the 90 day rule is from RD and not ND. I remember reading a post by a person collecting his interim EAD after 90 days from RD. I\'m not sure when and where. Let me check and I\'ll update you later.

GetGCin2002

I found the following post under "Employment authorizations and AP".

---------------
1. Answer to sowmyan_r \'s Question.
Posted By: GCMANIA 8/7/01 10:40 AM
(#1 of 2) sowmyan_I,
I filed my AD at SC and the receipt date is May4th and notice date is May 22nd. Till now I didn\'t hear anything. However, I went to Miami on Aug\'03. Which is exactly 91st day from my receipt date. They issued without asking any questions. But, they asked for 485 receipt and previous AD (if you have any). If you want any extra info, I would like to pass to the board.

No Title

I had applied for 485/EAD/AP in April( April 11th to be exact). My AP was approved on July 2nd. For 485/EAD the AVM until tuesday said " no info available". but, yesterday my EAD message had changed to " your appl. was recd. on JUNE 26th and it is taking between 60-90 for a decision to be made..." and still there is no change of status about my I485.

The shocking thing is they took 2 months to just to open the envelope I(attorney) had sent. I have to send this to " Ripley\'s believe it or not".

No Title

There is nothing shocking. Probably INS should start their own series "INS UnBelievable" with so many unpredictable things happening.

No Title

somehow i got my EAD card on july 16.I dont know about the approval notice for EAD and my atttorney didnt get any thing so far for EAD as well.

my RD for 485/EAD is 04/13/2001.

Info from friendly IIO - A big relief

Mail date : 5/31/2001 485/ead/ap.

IIO found the case by last name and gave EACs for all three but refused to give EACs for my wife(Since my wife was not on the phone with me.) and told me RD is 6/3 for all.
I am going to update infitime.
Thanks,

Are u sure?

When you mailed your application on 5/31/01 how come your RD is 08/03/01 and not 06/03/01. May be your ND is 08/03/01????

GetGCin2002, 90 day rule starts from RD

INSNightmare whose RD is 04/27/01 collected his/her EAD in person on 07/27/01 at NYC office. GetGCin2002, you can use the 90 day rule to get your EAD after 08/15/01.