Let\'s continue tracking I-485 receipt date

Crapshooter, thank you very much ....

Thank you very much for conducting such an exhaustive research on applying EAD at local INS issue, I will try after August 16, which is more than 90 days after my RD 05/16/01 , I will let you know how it goes. hope I can get it same day.

Thanks again. hope you get yours too.

No Title

Feel so bad, just talk to an IIO, spent about one hour, he is so bad, bad, bad!!!!!!!! I was told by him that the processing of the receipts is just on the first week of May in INS, I told him that lots of people got their receipts whose file date were by the end of may, but he was unwilling to help me check, just insisted saying that mine was not on their system, God! I hate IIO, especially bad ones!

ShanXin, feel sorry for you. but don\'t be discouraged.

ShanXin, some IIO doesn\'t really help, they just repeat the standard message, but I think you can find out your case some other ways, if the check was written by yourself to INS , then after that check was cashed , you can check with your bank asking them to give you a copy of cancelled check , the EAC### should be written on the back of that cancelled check.

Or you may try your luck again with IIO , hopefully you will get a good one, when you get IIO, don\'t ask them what the date they are processing up to , just ask whether they could help to find your case in the system, this is what I did.

99% I am sure your receipts are on the way.

good luck.

receipt

Mine was filed on 6/1/01. I am expecting my lawyer\'s phone call or e-mail anytime from now on :) Hopefully my case doesn\'t get lost :(

JimZ

Post your Finger print date

Guys, do you soon you will get finger print notice after getting receipt?

Thanks
JimZ

IIOs

When I called IIO this morning I asked her that my attorney sent a single check where as others for multiple checks and whether it would matter? She immediatly asked my last name and puuled the info from the system

Thanks

Got Recepit - mailed May 18th

Just now I got eamil from lawyer. She told me that she recv. it yesterday.

My Details(I485, EAD, AP)
Mailed on : 5/18/01
RD : 5/21/01
ND : 7/31/01
Recv. AP on 8/6/01
Waiting for EAD and FP notice.

Hope this help. Guys Wait and pray. You will get your receipt soon.
And I will pray for all of us too.

Question

Guys,
I talked to the IIO yesterday and I was told that they are doing the last week of May for the receipts and June 15th for EAD. My question is how can they process June 15 date for EAD when they are sending the receipts for the mail received in the last week of May. I was told by the IIO that the EAD is done only after the receipt date is given to the case. So how come there is a two week difference in processing the two applications. Hope someone can give me an insight into this. My Mailing date is 07/02/2001 for 485 and EAD.
Thanks in advance.

No Title

getGCin2002, I don\'t know what to say, really good to have you here. I did it, talked to another better IIO, but unfortunatly, mine was not on their system, I have no other choice, just keep waiting, dialing in once a week, and talked to my company about refile by the end of this month.

Oh, my God! BTW, also checked the baking account, no money charged.

Still appreciate your help!

Why are you bothered to think

These IIO don\'t know what they are talking about. If you were one of them that has had thousands of phone calls asking about the thing that you don\'t know exactly what were you going to say?

JimZ

talk to IIO

At first, she informed me that they now enter data for first week of May. Anyway, she did a search for me. She said the data was entered on Auguts 3. So they are working on June case now. Hope this will help.

No Title

From what i understand, when they say ead, it is ead applications received seperately. NOt with i-485 applications. People who have already filed for i-485 they again apply for ead also. Such are the applications they are talking about. Ead requisitions sent along with 485 applications will be processed only after the receipts and ap if applicable.

No Title

I called this morning twice cause I filed on the last day of May, the first time around 9:00AM I was told by a male officer that he could not help me find anything in their system because they are handling the cases at the beginning of May; the scecond time I talked to a female officer, she was trying to find out my case but faild, she told me don\'t worry because they are still handling the stuff at the beginning of May. That\'s all I heard from them. You?

No Title

JimZ, they did a search for me, mine was not found in their system, I feel really bad right now. I am afraid that my package was lost.

No Title

I talked to IIO around 11am. She refused to do the search at beginning, but I talked to her that someone aleardy got receipts who filed in June. Then she did the search, asking for last name and first name. She said the data was enterend on August 3. When I asked for EAD and AP, she said she only checked I-485, it need go to another database to do the search. She said that if you sent them in together, they should be all in the database. So I only knew my I-485 was in right now.

No Title

Don\'t worry, ShanXin, sometime there is a problem in the INS database. From what I read recently, there is no single file was lost at INS. So hanging in there and you will be fine.

Fedex or USPS?

If the mail was sent via Fedex or registered USPS, the chance they got lost is like hitting the jackpot

JImZ

sk4465, Congrats. Have you not received ur EAD still?

Why? I had filed in July 19th.
Expecting the receipt notice, soon !!??