Last updated date changed for Jan '03 case

Our SC is VSC as employer is under VSC jurisdiction. And I live in CSC jurisdiction and as FP comes to the place where you are residing, they schedued it for a center under CSC. However, I gave it at different center under CSC and my spouse gave it yet another center under VSC..!! It's getting complex, isn't it.

However, as our LUD changed within reasonable time frame(so is for many FP2 folks), I am considering that our FP2s are received by VSC. May be I'll call FBI and inquire !

-Sanga.

muppaneni said:
Sanga,

Where did you give your finger prints. Did you check with FBI if the results were sent to VSC or sevvice center of your jurisdiction. I am worried with the explanation by IIO. I am thinking of going to ASC again and give prints again and request them to route it to VSC. Please advise.

Thanks

I did my FP2 on 07/31/04, my spouse did it on 08/14/04 at California region, though the FP appointment was for Boston at a future date.

Called FBI office yesterday and their office confirmed that the Finger Prints both for my spouse and myself were approved on the same day they received it.

Unfortunately, the results were forwarded to CSC instead of VSC as the fingerprints were done in San Jose, CA. I called the National Customer Service Center and the IIO indicated that the CSC will ignore the finger printing results as it does not have any record of my application. She suggested that my lawyer's office should file a letter to CSC explaining this, so that CSC can forward the results to VSC. She also said it would 3 months for such a transfer of finger print results.

As is the case with most of IIO, who do not know anything about immigration law and procedure they just request callers to write a letter.

This morning received an email from USCIS that FP results have been received and the processing is resumed. I did my FP before my spouse but no change in LUD/status in my case.

Let's keep our finger crossed.

Thanks

hemeshd said:
Kandy17,

Even though i applied for 485 before 140 is approved, it was not at the same time. Well looking at the postings. I dont think its either good or bad if the LUD changes or not. THere are cases where LUD did not change and got approved. There are cases where LUD changed but nothing happened.

Only thing that can be done now is sit tight and cross the fingers.

hemeshd,
Thank you, yep you are right

All,
After FP2, when can we expect approval.... Really looking at approval rate of feb/mar2003 cases, I am little afraid that they will not touch our cases. Mine is not a concurrent filing.. ...

Thx
485 RD jan8,2003, ND:Jan31,2003
Fp1 03/14/2003; fp2:08/12/2004

So all the crap IIO and NCS told is bull, right?.

I don't understand the very concept of them saying " because FPs are done at so and so SC...and hence sent them to that so and so SC". In most of the cases, scheduled ASC and where I-485 is applied are under different SCs. What the ACS will do in that case, send it to the wrong SC !!?. Don't they have some thing called EAC/WAC numbers and A# .

Thinking about it (in fact anything USCIS and its subsidaries says/does), will make me :mad:

-Sanga.

lostRFE said:
I did my FP2 on 07/31/04, my spouse did it on 08/14/04 at California region, though the FP appointment was for Boston at a future date.

.....IIO indicated that the CSC will ignore the finger printing results ....

This morning received an email from USCIS that FP results have been received and the processing is resumed.

You are right, Kandy.

By dusting once, VSC think they have done enough for us (giving some hope). Now... we will have to wait like other unfortunate 2001 & 2002 guys until we get lucky one day.

We are fortunate to get FP2, there are guys from 2002 waiting for FP2. On the next dusting we may get lucky, but not the ones who did not get FP2 yet. That's all I can say.

-Sanga.

kandy17 said:
All,
I am little afraid that they will not touch our cases.
RD Jan8,2003, ND:Jan31,2003 FP2:08/12/2004

My lud got updated yesterday after I did my Fp2.
But I dont think that has any relevance in the current scenario.

LUD updated on 08/20/2004.

Some of the 2004 cases are getting transferred to local offices and are getting approved.
I really dont know whats happening. I do understand that there are many 2002 cases are pending...Just writing a line here will satisfy my frustration....

Thx
LUD updated on 08/20/2004.

LUD for me changed to 8/16/04, however for my wife remains 7/23/04 - Do not know what's happening. Just keeping fingers crossed and hoping all goes well for each one of us.

Thanks

Pibo:

My 485 details are as below:

PD: 2/05/03
RD: 2/06/03
ND: 3/11/03

1st FP: 5/15/03
Recvd by VSC: 5/20/03

I guess am due for second FP now that 15 months have passed by.

Thanks

When we can expect 2 nd FP

Hi
My 1 st FP Expired last Friday. 1 st FP received by INS on MAY 20 th 2003.
As it passed 15 months, I think I need to wait for 2 Nd FP.

Can any one tell, how many days its talking now a days to get 2 nd FP and 1 st FP expired.

Nothing can be really said about how CIS works. Your guess is as good as mine so just keep your finger crossed and hope for the best.

skotha:

Going though all the posting here from others there seems to be no logic as such. Mine is going to expire this Friday (Aug 27th). lets see if there is any activity..

JJ

joejoy said:
skotha:

Going though all the posting here from others there seems to be no logic as such. Mine is going to expire this Friday (Aug 27th). lets see if there is any activity..

JJ

JJ,

If you see what I have seen in my case, you should have a LUD on Aug 28th or so. That could be status change to FP expired. Mine happened on June 14th and nothing after that. Waiting for FP2. Anyway, good luck to you.

LUD changed today after FP2

hey guys,
our LUD changed today, we did our FP2 on 7th august 2004. FP1 expired 26th june 2004. the message though has not changed.

our details

I140/485/ead/ap ND - 5th feb 2003
FP1 - 22nd march 2003
1st ead/AP AD- 10th june 2003
I140 AD -10th march 2004
2nd ead/ap AD - 28th june 2004
FP2 - 7th august 2004
I485 -??

Good piece of information, muppaneni.

So we don't have to worry where the FBI sent the results, as long long as it's electronic FP, right?.

6 weeks completed after FP2...no sign of nothing.
-Sanga.

muppaneni said:
Today, I went to St. Paul ASC and met the supervisor. He was very nice and explained the whole FP process from the SOP(Standard Operating procedure) in the file. Once an individual's finger prints are scanned, they are transmitted electronically to FBI instantly. After FBI check, results were sent to the Service Center of the ASC area. However, the results are stored in a central database and results will be accessable to all the USCIS offices. Also, when the FP check is completed, system will generate a prompt at the Service Center from where the FP's are originated. The officer concerned will print the result and file the document to the individuals I-485 folder. It is upto the officer concerned to update the CLAIMS database when the FP results were printed from another system INDENT. Also, I was told that some officers will update all the details at the time of adjudication. As you notice many EAC numbers in Jan 2003 are showing just "Received on .........", even though they have done their FP twice. This may be the reason.

The end of the story is that we have to sit back and relax and wait for someone to dedust our files.

Everyday I think Sanga will put his approval today. Because your approval will give me hope as my dates are same but going for FP2 on thursday.

I mentioned earlier that I went for FP2 in Atlanta office on 8/6 but they had a mudslide in the office :eek:

So, they rescheduled me and my wife for 8/26 and yesterday I got another FP notices from USCIS which gave a date of 9/15. But anyway I am going to go ahead and do my FP2 on 8/26.

}{ - fingers crossed

Same with me, I am also waiting for sanga's approval. Earlier, Two weeks ago I was waiting for dsatish's approval. His approval gave me little hope, now lets see when sanga shares his "good news"