Landing Process and Necessary Info

you will get a passport request for stamping the immi visa from the canadian consulate if you are approved. Once you send them the passports they will send it back to you in 2 weeks.

Any advice

I am flying to toronto next week and coming back to US next day. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to manage any address to give it to immigration officer to send my PR card to. I am not sure what to do. will they accept the hotel address?
Any help?

Hotel address for the PR card? Are you kidding? How can you even think that hotel will forward it to you? Or are you trying to stay in that hotel till you receive the PR card?

I still haven't been able to manage any address to give it to immigration officer to send my PR card to. I am not sure what to do. will they accept the hotel address?

bigboy00 said:
Hotel address for the PR card? Are you kidding? How can you even think that hotel will forward it to you? Or are you trying to stay in that hotel till you receive the PR card?

I still haven't been able to manage any address to give it to immigration officer to send my PR card to. I am not sure what to do. will they accept the hotel address?
Use friend's address for PR Card. They do not accept PO box address. In this website some add was there for Sunny immg srv. I am not sure how reliable they are but you can talk. If you give a prepaid Fedex you need to spend approx US30.00 for mail.

How to confirm that Medicals are gone thru???

sandeep2453 said:
you will get a passport request for stamping the immi visa from the canadian consulate if you are approved. Once you send them the passports they will send it back to you in 2 weeks.

Sandeep-

Thanks. How can I confirm that my Medicals are reached Canadian consulate and How to know that I am passed the Medicals?

Call u doctor. He may give you tracking number and will tell u about result. Check website. Some time immg. update medical status there.
/O

Usually is you don't hear anything within 2 weeks from doc you can assume that you are passed. That's what my doc told me.

Passport Request/Sandeep2453

Any advise on Passport request !!!!!!!!!!!

Medicals received by Canadian Consulate Buffalo in the end of April.
Q:How long does it take to get passport request after the Medical reach consulate?
The Consulate confirmed receipt of Medicals through email in the first week of May 06.
Thanks

billofempire said:
Any advise on Passport request !!!!!!!!!!!

Medicals received by Canadian Consulate Buffalo in the end of April.
Q:How long does it take to get passport request after the Medical reach consulate?
The Consulate confirmed receipt of Medicals through email in the first week of May 06.
Thanks

Track dates on www.yogi799.com . Its fairly accurate.

AR-11 and address living in Canada working on H1b

I am daily commuting from Canada to U.S. Moved to Canada ( P.R) 3 weeks before. I am on H1b and forgot to apply change of address.
My questions:
1.Do I need to fill AR-11 too. As I left USA. And how late it is now..
2. What shouold be my address on Tax docs like pay stubs etc?
3. What else address related things shopuld be taken care of?
Regards

1.Do I need to fill AR-11 too. As I left USA. And how late it is now..

-- May be or may be not - since your residence is not in the US anymore. It does not hurt to file it though, since you come to US to work every day.

2. What shouold be my address on Tax docs like pay stubs etc?

-- It should be cdn address since you live in Canada. But it is not that important.

3. What else address related things shopuld be taken care of?

-- Nothing, as far as the rules are concerned.. Give USPS your change of address! :)

Thanks bigboy00
Do I have to change the address in pending labor at BEC or any where else?
Will it afect future G.C. process?
Regards

It should not affect your GC process, since you have not left your US employment. You are just doing "in -n- out" of the country everyday...

The only thing you will have to worry about is your US and cdn taxes. It could be a bit of a headache if you are not familiar with the tax law.

Thanks bigboy00
Do I have to change the address in pending labor at BEC or any where else?
Will it afect future G.C. process?

PR card not received!

Its been over 8 weeks and I have not recieved my daugthers PR card (she is US citizen). However I have received my wife's and my PR card in 4 weeks. I am currently working in US.

Ques) What should I do to enquire about my daughters PR card? (The toll free number does not work from US)

Thanks in advance.

Hello BigBoy,

my permanent Residence has been approved and we got the forms and we are supposed to go to canada next month.

What all things should we take with us?

- US Visa
- Any Money or Draft?
- Photos?
- anything else?

Thanks for the help/advice in advance.

ARCHRAJ said:
Team

I landed on March 28 from Peace Bridge with my wife and two daughters.
Great experience. Everything went real smooth.

We used the Rental Car from AVIS. I checked with my car insurance company as well. They provided me an Insurance Card in a specific format needed by Candian authority. I did not had to show it to anyone.

I did the passport stamping and landing on the same day from Buffalo.

I just took USD500 cash along with me. For the remaining funds I took my US Bank Statement showing amount necessary for 4 people.

When they asked me about my address in Canada, I gave them my friends address. Also I told them that this is my friends address. No issues. I did had a list of Good to Follow with US$ values.The landing process took 30 minutes for all 4 of us.

You do not appliy for PR Card. Once you Land they automatically send it to you on the address provided.

We stayed in Toronto for a day, applied for SIN and came back the next day.

Me and my wife have expired Visa but valid I-94/L1 Petition. My daughters have US Passport. The officer at US border looked at the passport and L1 extension papers. He informed that as part of Automatic Revalidation, I can re-enter US from Canada as long as I stay out less than 30 days.

Thanks for keeping this a great forum

WHAT IS A SIN

Getting Back half of Landing Fee

Did any body claim half of landing fee back. I heard you have to apply for it in Canada if you land after May 31st.

Hello,

Would it be possible to provide an address later if you do not have an address to give away immediately at the time of landing? Would anyone know?

Thanks,

Stoned!

ck_b2001 said:
Did any body claim half of landing fee back. I heard you have to apply for it in Canada if you land after May 31st.

Did you get back the half of landing fee back? I got a letter from Buffalo saying Need not apply for the fee, will be sending the check periodically.

info needed for laning using AVR

Hi All,
I will be landing soon and plan to use the AVR rule for re-rentering US. I have read a lot of posts on this forum but I am still not sure whether my wife can use the AVR process or not.

My wife was on a H4 visa(stamped on passport) with an expiry of June 12 , 2006. But in Dec 2005, she got a H1 visa which is valid till July 2007. Can she use the AVR process to re-enter US using her H1 approval (I-797) and the I-94 that she received along with it or does the status change from H4 to H1 is going to be a problem.

PLEASE HELP