landing experience

You can travel to a contiguous country like canada or mexico with an expired visa stamp as long as you come back within 30 days and do not apply for a new visa stamp in the other country, there are several posts on this issue in the various threads on this issue.

Hi All,

After applying for PR card and returning to US, if PR card office sending letter to come and pick up.

As I can travel only by flight based on the distance, how I can reenter again to canada by flight just for getting the PR card ? Should I get visitor visa to canada for getting PR card(please advice me as I am not aware of this process)?

Your response is very helpful for planning to visit.

Thanks
arun

You can get a limited entry travel document refer to these links

If you are a permanent resident and are returning to Canada by commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus), you will require a PR card to board the carrier.

If you do not have a PR card, you will need to contact the nearest Canadian visa office to obtain a temporary travel document to re-enter Canada, at a cost of $50 each.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/travel.html

srini88 said:
You can get a limited entry travel document refer to these links

If you are a permanent resident and are returning to Canada by commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus), you will require a PR card to board the carrier.

If you do not have a PR card, you will need to contact the nearest Canadian visa office to obtain a temporary travel document to re-enter Canada, at a cost of $50 each.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/travel.html

Thank you so much srini88
arun

Is there any problem with Landing???

Hi,
My landing papers expire on Jan 21st and I have NOT landed yet. I am planning to land this weekend Jan10th, but there will be snow in Vancouver and I am planing to skip to next week (around 16th Jan).

My question is will there be any problem at the time of landing since I will have only one week left before my papers get expired.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Sri

To niceguy369

As long as you are landing before the expiration date, I think there shouldnt be any problem. But just like in any travel, if you encounter unforseen delays or anything like that, you wouldnt have much buffer time. If you are delaying it just because of snow, I am not sure if thats a strong enough reason. Seems like its just gonna be slushy snow, people who live in that region, correct me if I am wrong.

Can I use an address in Toronto while landing through Vancouver

Hello Everybody,
Thanks a lot to those who posted their landing experience. we will be landing in a week. We are planning to enter Canada through peace bridge to Vancouver. My question to you all is if I can use my friends address in who lives in Toronto while entering. I was told by somebody that I can only use an address in Vancouver if I am entering through Vancouver. Somebody please respond. Thanks so much.

Anu12 said:
Hello Everybody,
Thanks a lot to those who posted their landing experience. we will be landing in a week. We are planning to enter Canada through peace bridge to Vancouver. My question to you all is if I can use my friends address in who lives in Toronto while entering. I was told by somebody that I can only use an address in Vancouver if I am entering through Vancouver. Somebody please respond. Thanks so much.

Hi,
Don't quote me wrong on this. but this is what happened to my friend. He landed thru vancouver but he gave Montral address and he did not receive his card for 5 months. Finally he has to take the Travel document and cross the canada border and this time he gave vancouver address and canada immigration office said, this time they will post the card. all the best

I am giving this info by the best of my knowledge.

-Sri

Hi Anu12

You should give vancouver address as if there is a problem with Photo or something, They might ask you to go to Toronto CIC office for a photograph or anything else.

Vancouver will be convenient to you as compared to Toronto and will be much cheaper and time saving if you are asked to collect them personally or get re- photographed.

Write to me at pop1234dz@yahoo.com if you want more info on this and may be I get you a vancouver address to use.

Landing and Coming back with in 5 hours

Hi,
I am planning to go to Vancouver by flight and finish my landing process and would like to come back on the same day with in 5 hours of time. Please let me know, if there is any issue in doing this.

Thanks much,
-Srinivas

Planning to Land in April

Last week I got passport request. My GC is under process. I485 is under processing. I have AP and EAD. I do not have H1b Stamp on passport. I do have h1b.

I am planning to go canada in April just for 1 or 2 days and return back on AP.

Is there any issue on come back on AP ?

Thanks,

Can my family land at differnt Port of Entry?

Hi, All

All my families(me, wife and daughter) got our passports stamped at 1/5/2005. and received it back today.

I will land first by myself at Windsor this month. then in March I will move to Montreal. when my wife and my daughter land, can they go directly to Montreal to join me? instead of land at Windsor?

thanks

Landing place??

Can you tell me , where did you landed?

- Ramesh

nileshpatel11 said:
Hi! I have landed IN canada on 25th NOV 2004.
my PR card application done by immigration Officer and I did apply for SIN card locally.

Received PR card on 6th DEC for Souse and myself.
Received SIN card on 16th DEC for all of us Including Kid.

Landing Place please..

Which post you landed?

- Thanks

Jaggy said:
Just for your info, landed on 24th nov and received PR card for myself on the 7th of Dec and for wife on the 13th of Dec
Thanks

Landing question

I am planning to land in canada on 24th Jan and I was wondering if I could drive in my car and not declare it in the list of things to follow. I plan to drive back to the US a couple of days later after having my h1b stamping done. Is it possible to drive my car and not declare in the goods to follow? Please advice.

To Srinivas26

You can take your car & import it while you land. I was told that the car can be driven with US plates for a month inside Canada. In that case, I am not sure how it would be treated when you return back to US.!!!

I guess thats why to make it simpler, people use rental cars as they dont have to go through this hassle.

srinivas26 said:
I am planning to land in canada on 24th Jan and I was wondering if I could drive in my car and not declare it in the list of things to follow. I plan to drive back to the US a couple of days later after having my h1b stamping done. Is it possible to drive my car and not declare in the goods to follow? Please advice.

srinivas26,

Did you mention that you were going to get your H1B stamped in Canada. Can you do that. Please let me know if that is possible.

KTYM,
I know a lot of people who got their H1B visas stamped in Canada. However, this will be first time for me personally.

srinivas26 said:
KTYM,
I know a lot of people who got their H1B visas stamped in Canada. However, this will be first time for me personally.

srinivas26

It normally takes 2 to 3 weeks to get H1B visa stamped from Chennai, India. So it will be interesting to know how long it would take in Canada. We would really appreciated if you could keep us posted and let us know after you get you H1B visa stamped from Canada. Thanks

Landing in Vancouver

Hi,
Our family is landing in Vancouver in a couple of days from Seattle.
Is it ok, if I can talk to you over phone, just to know some details?
Please email me at bs82@hotmail.com.
Thanks.
Q1-You will need a limited travel document to reenter Canada.CAD50/
Can be obtained from Canadian consulate in Seattle.
Forms available online in their web-site.
Or , your friends can fed-ex the PR card..
Q2; I think you have one year's time to import/bring you car/goods to Canada without duty.
Hope this information is helpful.

srignram said:
Hi,
I would like to share my experience to the readers. I entered canada through peace bridge , washington on the way to vancouver.Ofcourse i took rental car for the purpose.Even though it was monday around 1.30 PM, there was a long queue.The person at the entry asked me the purpose and directed me to the immigration office at the corner of a nearby building.H asked me whether that was my own car. There was about 5 min wait at the immigration counter. A middle aged white lady was there to attend my case. She asked my passport and the address where i am staying at vancouver.I gave my friends address.She specifically informed me that i cant leave vancouver before recieving my PR card.She verified my family members passport and landing papers. In my wifes landing paper the photo was not affixed properly.After seeing that she told me that things should be in proper place blah blah in a unfirendly manner.I replied politely that the photo was not affixed by me.She checked my cashier cheque and directed me to customs. Ther was no talk about welcome to canada pack etc.Also she told me that the letter will be sent to my friends address and then i will be required in person to collect my PR card????? another experience awaited at the customs office.I listed my car in the goods to follow list. Even then the officer collected information about VIN# and the model of the car etc.Then informed me that i might need to pay $182 when i import my car and also informed that he initiated the procees.I am not sure whether this one is normal.I stayed at vancouver for couple of days and returned to seattle and there was no problem while returing at the US border.

Now there are two questions to the forum members:
1) will they send the card or letters to the address i mentioned and if they send the letter thne is it enough if i go alone and pick the cards my family members?
2) At the customs the officer said that he initiated the process for my car import.will that be a problem for me?
Thanks in advance
Srignram