landing experience

safdarali
Sorry to say but after reading your letter and comments, i didn't find any wrong doing by the custom and Immigration officer. You need to realized that you were at the border 05:00AM which pretty unusual timmings and also you had high expectations from Canadian Immigration. After all they are human like us. I think you were treated the reasonable way. It's not there fault if you though that you will be treated like a VIP.
I must implied that Canadian are much nicer and comforting than American Immigration. So get real and stop complaining. You are lucky that Canada has given you a opportunity to make Canada your homeland, it's far better than living in Pakistan.

safdarali
Sorry to say but after reading your letter and comments, i didn't find any wrong doing by the custom and Immigration officer. You need to realized that you were at the border 05:00AM which pretty unusual timmings and also you had high expectations from Canadian Immigration. After all they are human like us. I think you were treated the reasonable way. It's not there fault if you though that you will be treated like a VIP.
I must implied that Canadian are much nicer and comforting than American Immigration. So get real and stop complaining. You are lucky that Canada has given you a opportunity to make Canada your homeland, it's far better than living in Pakistan.

safdarali

safdarali

safdarali

Goods to Follow (Question)

Hello,

I have few questions about goods to follow:

Q1. Is there any limit of the value of goods to follow that we put down in the list?

Also, how long that list is going to be valid for? forever or one year?

Q2. Can we declare EVERYTHING in goods to follow as we will be arriving in Canada by air and will not accompany anything with us?

Q3. Does goods to follow mean that we will not have to pay any custom duty at all on the items listed in the list?

Your answers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Landed on July 01.

Landed.. and Visa interview completed.
Hi I landed without any problems on Canada day July 01.

Only questions asked.

1. Are you Married?
Me. No.
2. How Much money are you carrying? Show me.
Me.. here I s the official check.
Ok.. you are all set. He also made me sign the forms..

Took only 5 mins...with the immigration officer.

and even on my US Visa .. no questions were asked. I was from H-1 to F-1 back to H-1 (without a degree in hand)
only my I-797 and supporting docs were seen. Not a single question asked what so ever. I am to get my passport on monday. The only words I said were "Thank you .. and have a great week end!."

Please go dressed formally... It does make a difference... I thought so..

I need a place to stay for 3 days.. reasonably priced.. I heard about Jennys Accomodation can someone send me the Tel.# as the one in Rays.. post does not work.

Any recent trips to canada. I am planning next week and wanted to come back same day after giving friends address in windsor. any input is appreciated. urgent please.
thanks

Any recent trips to canada. I am planning next week and wanted to come back same day after giving friends address in windsor. any input is appreciated. urgent please.
thanks

Safadarali and trueman999

I agree with Safadarali, but not with Trueman999.

Well, I landed last year October through Ambasador bridge at 1:30 AM. It was okay experience. They are supposed to open 24 hours. You know no one is working here more than 8 hours job, then naturally new shift people must be there. They are supposed to provide regular service. Well, we are not expecting VIP service, but regular service. There is no need to compare Canada and anyone's home country. Canada is calling people, because Canada wants skill of immigrant and wants to be developed country(compare to USA).

Hello -

I am complaiing abt the attitude of the Canadian immigration officer. She should not suppose to sleep if she is on duty. Any how I have a very good experience on my way back from Pakistan at Toronto airport. The immigration officer was very nice to every one & he welcomed me back to Canada. Also I was not able to re-confirm my return seats by PIA as I was not having my PR card. My freind mail me the PR card & I was able to fly back.
Make sure that any one (newly landed) needs to go out of the Canada must have a PR card, else air carrier will not allow you to fly back. This is not required if you are travelling from USA by road.

Good Luck.
Sali

why would one need to have their PR card if they are leaving from canada to go to their home country? it doesnt make any sense though?

say one lands in canada or the first time from india and completes the landing procedures, apply for SIN card and everything and wants to return back to india in about 5/6 days time. does he have to wait for his PR cards before he can come back to india?

please clarify, thanks.

Hello All-

Canadian Immigration officers ask for your I-94 for the reason that they don't want you to go back. Now if they ask you then you can always tell them that you have handed over your I-94 to US immigration while exiting from US....thats it. I did the same.

If you have a valid visa/AP you can come back immediatly after landing. I mean IN/OUT....thats it. Your PR card will be mailed to the address provided by you. Also to travel from US to Canada by road you don't need PR card. PR card is only required if you are travelling back to Canada by Air carrier.

Take Care & Good Luck.

Sali

safdarali - you have mentioned in your previous post that one should have his/her PR card before they fly out of canada or else the air carrier will not allow them to fly back to india. please clarify this.

i have planned my trip to canada to complete my landing process by this aug end. i am getting tickets so that i will return back to india in a week's time. i will ask my friend to send the PR cards by fedex to me in india. now will i be allowed to travel back to india from canada in a week's time of landing, without a PR card? please let me know, thanks.

others - can you also give your perspective?

Can you land from India though you get your landing papers in US?

Hi!

I am a Permanent Resident of Canada. I have applied for my wife who is in US. We have US correspondence on all of her paper work.

Can she land in Canada from India (as she has to go back, before her landing papers gets in US)?

Will there be a problem of any kind in this regard?

Thanks a lot.

Mayank Dave:confused: :confused:

I think Canadians have been really nice.

I don't know whether that guy was expecting band music and red carpet for him..

Mayank

safdarali,
Thanks for update on I94. Is it possible to take off I94 from passport while going by road. I am planning to go next week to windsor and back by same day. Any input will be helpful.
Thanks

Yes- You can remove the I-94 from passport. Just tell them that I-94 has been taken by US immigration.
Many of my freinds did the same & just entered in Canada & went out with in an hour.

Originally posted by safdarali
Yes- You can remove the I-94 from passport. Just tell them that I-94 has been taken by US immigration.
Many of my freinds did the same & just entered in Canada & went out with in an hour.

:eek: (You want ind57 to lie)?

Re: Safadarali and trueman999

Originally posted by vsshah
I agree with Safadarali, but not with Trueman999.

Well, I landed last year October through Ambasador bridge at 1:30 AM. It was okay experience. They are supposed to open 24 hours. You know no one is working here more than 8 hours job, then naturally new shift people must be there. They are supposed to provide regular service. Well, we are not expecting VIP service, but regular service. There is no need to compare Canada and anyone's home country. Canada is calling people, because Canada wants skill of immigrant and wants to be developed country(compare to USA).
=============================================
Yep, so that one can work at ESSO/TimHortons/PetroCanada. Canada is not calling any one with a fruit platter or giving you free admission. One has to acheive xx points and qualify. Also there is a reason why a person/family are asked to show $xxx as funds available when immigrating to Canada.

Last edited by a moderator: