Labor Processing Times in California Due to 245i Part6

can anyone tell about the possiblility of this scenario..

This is about any consulting company, suppose a person completes a project and his company is not able to place him for a while and so no pay, but is ready to continue processing the GC. Can he go to india and stay there while the GC is getting processed ? labor/140/485, all .. as we all know GC is for future job.. ?

Re:can anyone tell about the possiblility of this scenario..

I think its possible but you would need to do consular processing not 485 as in India(or our home country) we would not be holding any valid US status for 485 to adjust :) .

Desi2k, I too have got an RFE...

The things they are asking are almost the same as yours.

1. Proof of recruitment efforts - though ads have been submitted.. they need more...

2. New Wage and renewed job posting - seems the wage for my position has increased - obvious as the salary survey was done 1 year back for most of us...

Replying will be done but no idea how useful it will be....

venkatcv and desi2k

Is your company a large company. Were there any massive lay-off\'s in he last 6-12 months???

a

sorry about that Jester

tough times + layoffs + green card issues

Success or failure, hope we all emerge out of this with our heads intact and better personality

Think logically !! how can you be sure I-140 will take more than 2 years ?

The reason for starting PERM processing is to process I-140 in 15-30 days by paying extra, for example if the fee is $1,000 and if there are 10 people, they get $10,000 and they will recruit a person to complete the task in 1 week, for example if there are 3000 people, they will get, $3,000,000 , and they will recruit more people to get the work done.. People are paying premium for processing it in 15 days.. AM I MISSING SOMETHING ? Just like H1 premium processing which was started few months back..

no premium processing for i-140

PERM has nothing to do with I-140. PERM will replace current LC process. You were probably talking about premium processing for I-140, which is not going to happen. Since INS now runs some sort of security check, it won\'t be able to complete processing in 15 days. Sorry for the news! By the way, CSC processes I-140 pretty fast these days.

Is it not by the category which matters in I-140

If I\'m not wrong, is it not the category EB!,EB2,EB3 matters in i-140 ? The quota for eac category varies am i correct?. Can any one clarify this.
thanks in advance.
Pal.

Desi2k , so the April\'01245i que may not continue the same way in I140

Premium processing has not been implimented according to INS notification. further the category matters.

November 2001 is in progress...

My DOL Date is 28Feb....long wait I guess...Do we have an updated list that is maintained here somewhwere?

No Title

Guys-
How long is I-140 for CSC taking nowadays?.Is it about 3-4 months?.
Can anyone please confirm.

Thanks-

No Title

Catchina-
Thanks!!. What significance does the RD and ND have as far as the I-140 is concerned, I know this is the labor forum, just wanted to know...Since DOL is not moving, Im trying to divert my mind ;)