June CP - Chennai Experiences

is working in a client's place something wrong? As long as you work in the same area where your LCA was approved, shoudn't it be fine? i guess, its better not to mention that you work in your client's place.

Question regarding filling DS-230 part II

Hi,

Please help me fill the following sections in DS-230 Part II.

Item No. 26 - Where it asks for Middle Name - If there is no middle name, do I just leave it blank or type "None".

Item no. 33 a- "Do you want SSA to assign you a new SSN ?"
I assume I should answer No to this, since I have SSN.

Item No. 33 b - Consent to Disclosure (immigration info to SSA - Yes/No).
Do we click NO in response to this ?

Thanks in advance.

Kant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Please help me fill the following sections in DS-230 Part II.

Item No. 26 - Where it asks for Middle Name - If there is no middle name, do I just leave it blank or type "None".

Item no. 33 a- "Do you want SSA to assign you a new SSN ?"
I assume I should answer No to this, since I have SSN.

Item No. 33 b - Consent to Disclosure (immigration info to SSA - Yes/No).
Do we click NO in response to this ?

Thanks in advance.

Kant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item No 26 ----> Leave it blank
Item No 33 a ----> I answered Yes ( to save a trip to SSN office )
Item No 33 b ----> I answered Yes ( even other wise if they want to disclose that info you wont know it. Do you? )

Gangadhar

Another Quick question!

Guyz,

I am part of the JULY thread. I have a quick question as I am starting to India tomorrow.

Following are the ONLY TWO documents that need to be notarized right?

1. EMPLOYMENT LETTER
2. I-134 -- Affidavit of support.

Is there any other document? If so, please let me know so that I could get it today.

Thanks in advance for the quick reply(ies)

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Re: Another Quick question!

Originally posted by bvganesh
Guyz,

I am part of the JULY thread. I have a quick question as I am starting to India tomorrow.

Following are the ONLY TWO documents that need to be notarized right?

1. EMPLOYMENT LETTER
2. I-134 -- Affidavit of support.

Is there any other document? If so, please let me know so that I could get it today.

Thanks in advance for the quick reply(ies)

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Yes. For the other documents since you are going to carry both
the originals and copies, you do not need to notarize them.

Raju

To Nadan

Hi Nadan,
Did you recieved your packet?
I am not ... I forgot to give my phone number while providing new address to U.S consulate. So, they sent an e-mail yesterday asking about the same. I sent them the number yesterday and expecting that they will dispach the packet today.
If everything goes well, I will recieve my visa packet tomorrow.

Regds,
Sam.

Re: Re: Another Quick question!

Originally posted by Raju595
Yes. For the other documents since you are going to carry both
the originals and copies, you do not need to notarize them.

Raju

Thanks Raju!

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Re: To Nadan

Hi Sam,

I received the visa packet this morning.
The Bluedart agent delivered it at 11:45am (@Chennai).
I checked the paper work and everything looks OK.
I am planning to travel during this weekend.

Regards,
nadan

Originally posted by kumar_sam
Hi Nadan,
Did you recieved your packet?
I am not ... I forgot to give my phone number while providing new address to U.S consulate. So, they sent an e-mail yesterday asking about the same. I sent them the number yesterday and expecting that they will dispach the packet today.
If everything goes well, I will recieve my visa packet tomorrow.

Regds,
Sam.

Salary Difference

Congratualations all those who had succesful interviews at Chennai...

...and thanks a lot for caring to share your experience with the rest of us.

I sure hope some of you will be able to answer my question.

I am currently paid 36K more than the salary in the LC. I came to know that Chennai Consulate is now asking for salary information.
I thought I could get my emplyer state that I will be paid a salary NOT LESS THAN <LC Salary>. My LC states 60K ,however I am paid 96K, I started at 78K and now at 96 K after several revievs/increments over the past 3 years.

Now, What should I reply to the officer, if asked about my salary?.

Please help guys

Last edited by imihelp
:confused:

Don't worry...

State your current salary- higher salary is not an issue. you need to worry a little bit about a substantially lower salary- but not a higher salary.;)

POE July 3rd

Guys My POE on 3rd July at Newark NJ was very smooth. No waiting at all. It was very late night ( or early morning ) at around 1 AM and I was half sleep when the Immigration officer was saying that I will recieve my Green Card in 6xxxx. I dont remember weather he said 6 months or weeks. Any way I am not worried much about the time. The temporary green card is just a stamp by the immigration officer on the passport valid for one year.

Thank you all for the great support shown in this forum. I will be available for any questions to be answered.

Gangadhar

Successful CP & POE

Medicals done on 6/16/03 @ Lister lab & Dr. Rajkumar. Experience was very similar to others. Dr. Rajkumar is a very nice person to deal with.

Took the immigration style photos on the same day at Camera Citi opposite to Chola Sheraton.

Attended IV interview on 6/26/03 @ 8:00 am. I was the third person to be called for submitting documents and then had a long wait till 12:30am before called for the interview.

The interview was straight forward. The officer asked for petitioner's name and my current salary. He also asked a couple of friendly questions (regarding the fall colors in New England) to my wife and then told us that the visa is approved but he can't issue them until July 1st week as the E-3 numbers are over subscribed for June. He also assured that, I will get it by next Friday (4th July) as I was planning to travel back on 5th. The visa officer was a very nice guy and answered all the questions clearly.

They issued the visa on July 1st itself and I received it on 2nd July.

The POE @ Boston was smooth though I had to wait there for about 20 minutes before called. They took the finger print (index finger) on a (paper) card and asked us to sign below it. The immigration inspector stamped passports and informed us that the plastic cards will be received in about 3 to 6 months.

My over all experience with CP @ Chennai was nice and I would encourage people to go for it instead of time consuming AOS.

This forum was very helpful in preparing for the CP process. Thanks a lot to Rajiv Khanna and members of this forum for sharing their experience.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

-nadan

Chicago POE...

Last night was smooth. No questions asked. The wait was approximately 15 minutes. The officer was joking about the size of my dossier! We were both fingerprinted and were told about the one year validity of the GC stamp and were told to expect the GC in 6 months. A few flights seemed to have arrived at the same time- there were 4-5 families that came in after us that were still waiting- most got done in time to pick up their luggage! CP rules! All the best to future CPers.;)

Good afternoon…

My experience was also like others both @ India and POE. However I waited till afternoon 3.00 PM to hear long waiting words “Your immigration visa has been approved “.

The scheduled appointment for may case number was @ 8.00 AM. After taking all documents, my name was first called app at 9.15 AM. While asking routine questions, consular officer started looking at my passport. I have visited US on business visa first and immediately returned to US on job visa within 30 days after B1 visit. This drew consular officer attention and started asking questions about B1 visit purpose and difference between B1-B & L1-B visits. Consular officer didn’t buy my response on working with the same company and my job responsibilities were different on both visits. He kept saying, I was working in US during my B1 visit and tried for job visa while staying in US on B1-B visa. He asked me to take a seat, as he would like to ask more questions after sometime.

Again my name was called @ 3.00 PM. This time, it was different consular officer as morning officer got relieved around 1.00 PM in the afternoon. As I approached counter, I have noticed new consular officer reading some comments on my file. After reading these comments, he asked routine questions and approved my visa. At end all went well.

Between 1997-1999 many Indian software companies used B1 – B visa for immediate entry to USA. In future if anyone has B1-B stamping on their passport, get ready with good answers on B1-B visit. Apparently my response didn’t convince the consular officer.

My POE was Newark NJ on July 4th. I have to wait for 2 hrs for my name to be called and subsequent finger printing.

kpriya123

Hi,

I have applied for I140 just now and have opted for CP. I found your post interesting because even I visited the US on a B1 for a brief period in 1998. Subsequently an H1 was applied for me and got approved in october 1998. However when I applied for my visa stamping, my case was withheld for about 10 months on 221(g) . However I was then issued a visa and I travelled in 2000. Until now I did not come across anyone who had your experience. So would it be too much to ask all the questions you were asked and what replies you gave?

Also has anyone else in this forum had similar experience??

Thanks

My CP Interview & POE Experience.

Here are the details of my CP Interview and POE:

June 10th: U.S to Chennai
June 11th:
Completed lab tests in Lister labs around 8.30 AM. Took the Immigration style photos in Appolo studio nearer to Lister labs.
Around 4.30 PM collected the reports from Lister Labs.
Went to Dr.Vijayalakshmi at 5.00PM. She called us around 5.45PM. She is very silent it seems (at least with us), completed all the formalities and asked one or two general questions like if we have immunization record or not etc., . Gave the reports around 6.30 PM.

June 26th: Interview at 9.00AM.
Reached consulate around 8.30AM. went to Immigration visa section directly by showing the interview letters. (No need to wait in the line. Since it is Student visa season, there are lot of people in the q)
Called us around 10.30 AM by an Indian lady at counter #6 and collected all the documents as per the checklist. She took only last year tax return copies. I asked her again to confirm if she needs the previous years copies also or not. She said NO. She did not took marriage snaps/ marriage Invitation card. After taking all the necessary documents, she asked us to wait for the call from the officer.
After one hour, one consular officers started doing interviews. After some more time another officer also started doing interviews in parallel.
Before our interview, we are observing one couple for whom one officer asked so many q’s and asked them to wait. He called them again after 20 minutes and asked some more q’s. and asked them to wait again.(I don’t know what was the problem). By watching them, we were thinking that it will be better if other officer calls us ( human mentality :) ).
But in contrary the same officer called us around 12.45Pm. We wished him and waiting for his q’s. He was going thru the documents. In parallel he is eating Snacks(lunch time :) ).

Asked to sign on DS 230 II.
After one or two minutes, he asked us just 5 q’s.
What is your company name?
When did you go to U.S first time?
Why did you come back from U.S ?
( He thought that I had H1 twice. He did not clearly saw my B1 Visa and thought that it was H1 visa)
Did you go to U.S first time on Business visa and then on H1 visa?
Do you have Kids?

Whole process took 5 minutes and he told that immigration visa is issued and I will be receiving the courier by next Friday. I thought that he is telling in usual manner and expecting that I will receive the courier by next day.

I said thank you and bye.

I provided the Chennai Hotel address to receive the courier and waited in Chennai until next day (27th June) 1.00PM. But I did not receive the courier. Then I called Blue dart Express and they informed me that nothing was dispached from consulate with my name. I was tensed because I have to leave the Chennai by 3.00PM and I don’t know what to do.
Then I tried to call consulate but nobody lifting the phone. Then I rushed to consulate to check whether they dispatched or not. If not, then I have to give a new address for them because I won’t be staying in Chennai. But security people did not allowed me inside and asked me to get the appoinment by phone.
Then I came back to hotel and sent an e-mail to “ChennaiIV” customer service asking about why they did not sent my visa packet? After sending the e-mail I checked this forum to know if anybody has similar problem. Thanks to Nadan (& to this forum) for posting his experience and understood that they won’t dispatch the packets until July 1st because of deficiency in E-3 numbers.
ChennaiIV Customer service is very prompt in responding to e-mails. They immediately replied and asked me to send a new address so that they can send the packet to my new address. They told me that they will send the packet on July 1st. I sent the new address and received the courier on July 4th. I would have received by July 2nd itself if I reside in a city.

POE : July 7th at Detroit:
Waited in “resident Aliens” q and immigration officer checked the documents and directed me to another q ( Special Processing). After waiting for 10 minutes, an officer called us and took thumb impressions, signature and stamped our passports.

Thank you very much to Rajeev Khanna for providing such a nice forum. Thank you very very much for all of you for participating in this forum with your valuable suggestions/information and immediate updates about your experiences and all.

Regds,
Sam.

Kumar_Sam

Hi Kumar_Sam,

Please look at my posting above - I would like to know what questions you were specifically asked about you B1 and the answers that convinced the officer. Would appreciate if you could share you experience - thanks in advance.

Kumar_Sam

Ooops ! I am sorry - I forgot to ask you this question - was the B1 and H1 sponsored by the same company??.