June CP - Chennai Experiences

There is no 3 day limitation. When you do your medicals is based on your choice. But it is a good idea to at least couple of days earlier, if in case you need more tests/vaccinations. So 25th should be OK. I do not know if they are open on Saturday. May be you can call them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: TAX RETURNS.

Originally posted by ansubram
Yes you need to carry the tax returns. There have been cases where the consular officer has asked to see all the W2s of the years for which you have been in US. Get the tax transcripts from IRS

Re: Thanks to all ..

Originally posted by ansubram
.. and congrats to successful June CP'ers.

Got the medicals done by Dr. Rajkumar. Quite an amiable guy. Had to wait for a couple of hours beyond my appointment time though - there was this family of 10-12 people ahead of me all getting their medicals done one after the other!

I had my interview on June 26th. Went quite smoothly. Just had to produce a copy of my I129's to account for some discontinuities in the H1 stamps in my passport. The officer then asked some basic questions -

Q1- what would you be doing once you return to the US?
A1- Continue with my job at XXXX

Q2 - What is the nature of your job?
A2 - XXXX

Q3 - How much do you make?
A3 - $XXXX

As he was asking these questions he was browsing the bank statements, employment letter, '02 tax return etc., and then put on a smile in his face and turned towards topics like the weather in the bay area, how much he'd like to visit madurai (my hometown), how he'd been surviving in chennai for the past 11 months etc.

The long and short of it all: if you've a straightforward case - i.e. always in-status - then CP is the way to go. Also at the interview make sure that you've all the documents precisely sorted out (check earlier postings) to avoid any anxious moments.

POE at LA on July 12th. Again no hassles whatsoever - got finger-printed and given the welcome letter along with the passport stamp in about 15 minutes.

Good look to all future CP aspirants.

Is this a new process that you get the welocome letter at the POE itself?

Re: Re: Re: POE

Originally posted by aronline
Thanks Raju. I did not fill yes for a new SSN in DS230 form. What is your suggestion? Shall I go the SSN office?

If you have completed your cp interview and entered US then
go to the nearest SS Office and apply for the card. Take your
passport.

Raju

Phone # of Lister Lab.

Guys,

I have my appt for the end of Aug. Since you guys have already gone thru the procedure. Does anyone have the phone number of lister lab and how do i get an appt with the Dr's office.

Booker

Port of entry

Hello,

My name is kumar, i need one help from all of you..please
help me in this.

Since me and my wife attend the CP interview in chennai...in the interview consluate asked some more documents about company..so i am going back again with documents but i think i have to go alone with the documents to chennai.

now i have question after the consulate issue the visa. .....is it a must to travel both me and my wife together and enter at the port of entry. because my wife may not be possible to travel with me now....so i am planning travel alone and then after a month or two she will join with me..is it ok. or in the port of entry any porblem for this. please reply immediately.

i heard that i can travel first to usa..and then my wife can join within 6 monts period. is it true...because both of us attend the interveiw at the same time??

Regards
kumar

what documents u need?

Kumar,
Can you clearly explain what documents consulate asked you to get from ur US company? I dont understand what you are saying. Why your wife has to stay in India?

Transit Visa

Hi all,

The visa stamping in my passport has expired. I will be travelling to India through Lufthansa to do my CP in August.

As the visa stamping in my passport has expired, do I need a Transit visa in Frankfurt ????

If I need one, can someone please brief me the procedure for applying the Transit visa

Thanks,
lux

Hi kpallekonda,

In the consulate they asked proof of existance of my Employer and emaployer tax returns.
so i am carrying those documents. consulate said that after submission of these doc's they will issue the visa.

i am planning to go to chennai may be next week....after the approval of my CP...i may travel immediately. but my wife can not travel with me..she will be joining me after 2 or 3 months. my question is that possible i can travel alone to USA and my wife can join after 2 or 3 months. ????

is there any problem at port of entry if i travel alone???

spouse can follow within validity period of visa

There will be absolutely no problem if spouse can follow after CP. You need to mention that to the consular officer at the time of interview that your spouse will join you later.
There will be no issues at POE. They may ask the proof of primary applicant being in USA (likely).

If you can send your Passport photocopy with Temporary I-551 stamp, that would be more than enough for your spouse to join later (kind of additional documenation, in case POE guys ask).

Thanks,
Puliraju

Transit Visa

Can someone please clarify my concern...........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,

The visa stamping in my passport has expired. I will be travelling to India through Lufthansa to do my CP in August.

As the visa stamping in my passport has expired, do I need a Transit visa in Frankfurt ????

If I need one, can someone please brief me the procedure for applying the Transit visa

Thanks,
lux
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess you need a visa or transit visa for coming back from India. I do not think you need visa/transit visa to go to India.

Once you are done with CP, you will have visa packet on hand. That is sufficient. You need not have tansit visa or "stamp" in passport to come back after CP (assume you will get CP approved).

Thanks,
Puliraju

2002 w2 needed.

TAX RETURNS.
Is it a requirement to submit tax returns, for previous years for CP ?. OR Is it optional?.

Please help.
Thank you!.

IMIHELP...

IN MY CASE, THEY SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR 2002 W2.

HELLOGC

I am carrying my W2 for 2002 as mentioned in my Packet-4. Nothing was mentioned about carrying most recent pay-stubs. Is it a requirement to take pay-stbs or it is just optional? Did anyone of you was asked for paystubs specifically by the embassy staff???? Thanks in advace for the replies.

i think you would need a transit visa if you fly through frankfurt while going to India and dont have a valid visa stamp. I am not sure how it works for h1 (if you have extension approval notice), but my friend was on F1; her visa had expired and she was on optional practical training. she didnt have transit visa and the german embassy people told airlines people not to allow her on th flight. But since she was pregnant and going with her husband, they let her go but asked her to keep quiet during her transit and the entire trip.
Other experienced people can throw some light on this matter

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ram1329
I am carrying my W2 for 2002 as mentioned in my Packet-4. Nothing was mentioned about carrying most recent pay-stubs. Is it a requirement to take pay-stbs or it is just optional? Did anyone of you was asked for paystubs specifically by the embassy staff???? Thanks in advace for the replies.

Yes I was asked to submit 3 most recent paystubs.

Originally posted by cannon576
i think you would need a transit visa if you fly through frankfurt while going to India and dont have a valid visa stamp. I am not sure how it works for h1 (if you have extension approval notice), but my friend was on F1; her visa had expired and she was on optional practical training. she didnt have transit visa and the german embassy people told airlines people not to allow her on th flight. But since she was pregnant and going with her husband, they let her go but asked her to keep quiet during her transit and the entire trip.
Other experienced people can throw some light on this matter

Canadian Permanent residents who are nationals of India also do not require a transit visa.