June CP - Chennai Experiences

empolyment letter

Hello Friends,

I need a immediate help about the employment letter....

how long the validity of employment letter issued from my employer........??

do they check the employment letter at port of entry....??

becasue my employment letter was issued 6 months back......
it may take another 5-6 weeks to enter into USA. is it the employment letter is still valid or do i need to get a new one.

Thanks
Ravi

Re: empolyment letter

Originally posted by Kumar230
Hello Friends,

I need a immediate help about the employment letter....

how long the validity of employment letter issued from my employer........??
There is no "expiry" on the employment letter as such. The more recent, the lot better.

do they check the employment letter at port of entry....??
No. They didn't ask anything other than the passport and the sealed Packet handed over by the consulate.

becasue my employment letter was issued 6 months back......
it may take another 5-6 weeks to enter into USA. is it the employment letter is still valid or do i need to get a new one.
I didn't get the question right.
1. Have you completed your CP? If so, don't worry about empl. letter.
2. Yet to attend CP? If so, I would recommend getting a latest empl letter (and remember to get it notorized)

Thanks
Ravi

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

employment letter

Hi bvganesh,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually we already attended the interview on March 27th 2003. during interview consulate said that they need some more documents from my employer.. so i am waiting for the documents from my employer....to go to the consulate. but it is close to 6 months now.

in the interview..consulate took all my originals including my employment letter and i already paid the visa processing fee of $335 for each person. and he told me that i can walk in at any time with all the required documents. during interview consulate also said that bring all the asked docs we will issue the visa. so i hope they will issue the visa this time.

my question is employment letter which is already submiited to consulate is almost 6 months old...if i go now does consulate will ask me recent employment letter...??? i hope not

any problem in port of entry because of 6 months old employment letter.......??

please reply immediatly.

Thanks
Kumar

Re: employment letter

Originally posted by Kumar230
Hi bvganesh,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually we already attended the interview on March 27th 2003. during interview consulate said that they need some more documents from my employer.. so i am waiting for the documents from my employer....to go to the consulate. but it is close to 6 months now.

in the interview..consulate took all my originals including my employment letter and i already paid the visa processing fee of $335 for each person. and he told me that i can walk in at any time with all the required documents. during interview consulate also said that bring all the asked docs we will issue the visa. so i hope they will issue the visa this time.

my question is employment letter which is already submiited to consulate is almost 6 months old...if i go now does consulate will ask me recent employment letter...??? i hope not

I guess that letter should be enough. But to be on the safe side, I would recommend that you get a fresh employment letter or ask your employer to fax a copy your employment letter to the consulate.

any problem in port of entry because of 6 months old employment letter.......??

I don't think so. At the port of entry all they might ask for is the packet given by the consulate and your passport. But as above, if possible, it is good to get a current empl letter.

please reply immediatly.

Thanks
Kumar

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.