June CP - Chennai Experiences

Hi Puliraju,

Thank you for your info.....is it necessary to mention to consular officer at consulate during interview.

i will again reply after my cp interview.

Thanks
kumar

packet4

Hi Puliraju,

Thank you......one more thing..after the approval of my CP do they issue two seperate packet 4 and visa for me and my wife.
with that we can travel seperately without any problem.

if they issue only one packet 4 and two visa for both of us then it will be problem. ....could you please let me know.

Thanks
Kumar

After completion of CP...

Each applicant will get their own visa and related papers in a closed envelope, so they can travel separately. this is not packet 4- packet 4 is what the embassy sends you before the interview. Good luck

POE chicago

Interview on 6/26.
POE: ORD on 7/14
Welcome letter - Not yet
SSN - Not yet
PC - Not yet

Other June CPers please keep us updated!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Question 25

Question 25 part 1 Packet 3
Gurus;
My previous employer was a Chicago based consulting firm. As you all know, I had to live in 2 different locations as part of my job(Same employer). Do I have to give all the locations I lived in the form or just the location of my employer( I may not have LCA authorization to work at different locations). Please advise
Thanks

Its better not to hide things that will blow up in your face later. Its also possible that you might have filed tax returns, got drivers license, rented apartment from 2 different places. This will show up if they do security checks. So, its better list both places in the form if they are not same cities.
If you lived only for short duration where you didnt have LCA, then you might try to convince the consular officer, if at all they ask you. Be prepared.

Originally posted by cannon576
Its better not to hide things that will blow up in your face later. Its also possible that you might have filed tax returns, got drivers license, rented apartment from 2 different places. This will show up if they do security checks. So, its better list both places in the form if they are not same cities.
If you lived only for short duration where you didnt have LCA, then you might try to convince the consular officer, if at all they ask you. Be prepared.

I have been in US for 2 years and half W2 for one and not for the other. I have filied my taxes for both the years as dependent. One for which I have W2 and one which I donot have W2. Wil that be a problem in the consulate. Can I manage with Tax Transcripts from INS or 1040 Form. Any sujjestion will be helpful.

Thanks

Originally posted by cannon576

Thank you cannon576 .

DID IT EVER HAPPEN IN YOUR SITUATON ?.
JUST Curious.

In one of my W2's I have used an address, where I never lived. It was the address of one of my friends in CA. I used it because of convenience ( Avoid missing mails and pay-checks while I was constantly moving from place to place). I have it in the W2, I do not know if I should mention that address). Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Members,

I need one clarification..... actually me and my wife attended the CP interview two months back ..in the interview consulate asked me submit some more documents on the company..probably i will be attending the interview next week with the company doc's.

now the question is my wife may not be travel for comple of months......because of her health condition she should not travel for couple of months...and she will not join while travelling. i came to know that visa validity will be only 6 months...if she did not be ok before 6 months it will be waste of visa.

can i tell the consulate to issue the visa for me alone now in the interview and i can process the visa for my wife once she get settled. but i don't what is the effect to issue the visa to me...please send me the suggession as soon as possible.

Thanks
Kumar

Originally posted by imihelp
Thank you cannon576 .

DID IT EVER HAPPEN IN YOUR SITUATON ?.
JUST Curious.

In one of my W2's I have used an address, where I never lived. It was the address of one of my friends in CA. I used it because of convenience ( Avoid missing mails and pay-checks while I was constantly moving from place to place). I have it in the W2, I do not know if I should mention that address). Thanks again

I had been in a similar situation. I lived in Kansas on temporary accomodation and gave my friend's address for filing the tax. I have not included that address.

My CP is completed successfully on 22nd July 2003. ;)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Thanks Ganesh.

Did you actually live at the address?. And also have you included any other addresses other than that of your employment /H1B/LC stated.?. I am not sure yet, if I need to include those short stays of 1 or 2 months. In that case I will have to use a separate sheet, as the original form can accomodate only 43 addresses.

I appreciate your help.
Thanks again

Originally posted by bvganesh
I had been in a similar situation. I lived in Kansas on temporary accomodation and gave my friend's address for filing the tax. I have not included that address.

My CP is completed successfully on 22nd July 2003. ;)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Hi bvganesh,

i hope you might have send the answer for follwoing questions...but i am not able to find the answer..could you please reply it again.

question:

I need one clarification..... actually me and my wife attended the CP interview two months back ..in the interview consulate asked me submit some more documents on the company..probably i will be attending the interview next week with the company doc's.

now the question is my wife may not be travel for comple of months......because of her health condition she should not travel for couple of months...and she will not join while travelling. i came to know that visa validity will be only 6 months...if she did not be ok before 6 months it will be waste of visa.

can i tell the consulate to issue the visa for me alone now in the interview and i can process the visa for my wife once she get settled. but i don't what is the effect to issue the visa to me...please send me the suggession as soon as possible.

Thanks
Kumar

Emplyment letter

Hello Members,

I need a clarification about validity of employment letter.

my employer issued the offer letter on Feb. 2003 i attended the interview in march...2003. during interview consulate asked some more documents from my employer....also at the time of interview consulate took all my original documents along with my employment letter and are still with them. right now i am in india and waiting for documents from my employer...

within few days i am going to the consulate with all the documents to submit. my question is do i need to get one more employment letter from employer before i go to the consulate or is the employment letter which is already with them is valid...please let me know.

because of delay in submitting the documents any questions will be asked from consulate when i go to consualte......and also any bank statements do i need to take...???

please reply immediately.

Regards
Kumar

Originally posted by imihelp
Thanks Ganesh.

Did you actually live at the address?. And also have you included any other addresses other than that of your employment /H1B/LC stated.?. I am not sure yet, if I need to include those short stays of 1 or 2 months. In that case I will have to use a separate sheet, as the original form can accomodate only 43 addresses.

I appreciate your help.
Thanks again

Yes I did live at those address. I had to pickup an extra sheet to complete all my addresses. I had included all addresses where I had received postal mails.

As long as you maintain the continuity of stay, 'address' would *NOT* matter, in my opinion. So, if I am you, I would include all those address where I had live or received mails for more than 6 months.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Originally posted by Kumar230
Hi bvganesh,

i hope you might have send the answer for follwoing questions...but i am not able to find the answer..could you please reply it again.

question:

Yes it should be possible. Send an email to the consulate explaining your situation and ask for a future interview date... say 3 or 4 months later. They should be obliging. If not, you have no choice other than taking your wife along with the interview and she *NEEDS* to enter US within 180 days from the date of issue of Immigrant Visa.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Kumar

Re: Emplyment letter

Originally posted by Kumar230
Hello Members,

I need a clarification about validity of employment letter.

my employer issued the offer letter on Feb. 2003 i attended the interview in march...2003. during interview consulate asked some more documents from my employer....also at the time of interview consulate took all my original documents along with my employment letter and are still with them. right now i am in india and waiting for documents from my employer...

within few days i am going to the consulate with all the documents to submit. my question is do i need to get one more employment letter from employer before i go to the consulate or is the employment letter which is already with them is valid...please let me know.

because of delay in submitting the documents any questions will be asked from consulate when i go to consualte......and also any bank statements do i need to take...???

please reply immediately.

Regards
Kumar

It would be a good idea to carry a new letter from your employer if possible. As for bank statements, if you have online banking just print few copies of the recent statements. That's what I did.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Kumar,

Can you let us know what documents the Consulate want from your company. It will be a great help for other members of this forum.

Thanks,
Raghu

Originally posted by bvganesh
Yes I did live at those address. I had to pickup an extra sheet to complete all my addresses. I had included all addresses where I had received postal mails.

As long as you maintain the continuity of stay, 'address' would *NOT* matter, in my opinion. So, if I am you, I would include all those address where I had live or received mails for more than 6 months.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Ganesh:
I apologize if I am asking too many questions. You have been wonderful in helping others. So nice of you.

Please see http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94872

and post your valuable thoughts there.

Thank you bvganesh....it help me a lot.

i will try to ask one more employment letter from my employer....
actually when i went for an interview in march....consulate said that i can walk in any time to submit doc's...so i don't need a appointment now.

since already consulate have my employment letter with him....i hope he can use the same.

the documents asked from my employer was......proof of existenace of company....like Tax returns from company...some pictures....W2's.......number of employees working in that company....any employ who had been applied for CP with this company.

regards
Ravi