June 2011 Filers

Hey Guys,

Quick Question,

I sent my application to Chicago IL on June 24th and it was delivered on Monday June 27th. No SMS or E-mail notification yet.
My Question is.....Is there gonna be any delay or rejection of my application because i think i make some errors.
The Errors are.....I sent biometrics fee check separately and i did not date some of the forms after signing them.

Any answer guys.

Thanks.

I just want to be clear with you that even if you did even a slight mistake that will be enough to reject your application. prepare yourself to do your forms again.
my advice is to make an appointment with any expert person to help you to do them the next time.
I did some mistakes the first time in my application and unfortunately they rejected my application with 2 confusing notes of 797 receipt.
i rcieved them after one month of my first time i sent them. i hope you ll pass through that
thanks

Hey guys so I have my bio appt on july 14th. Does an early walk in really make a difference in helping speed up the process?
Thanks!

One cannot say for sure as the only way to prove that thesis would be for someone to apply two green cards (with the same classification) at the same time and then wait out for one of the biometrics and do a walk in on the other one. Since this isn't possible it's hard to tell.

Some people do seem to get their EADs faster if they do a walk-in, but that could just be luck.

I just want to be clear with you that even if you did even a slight mistake that will be enough to reject your application. prepare yourself to do your forms again.
my advice is to make an appointment with any expert person to help you to do them the next time.
I did some mistakes the first time in my application and unfortunately they rejected my application with 2 confusing notes of 797 receipt.
i rcieved them after one month of my first time i sent them. i hope you ll pass through that
thanks

Actually it depends on the slight mistake. If the mistake can be made up by a simple RFE, they'll issue that before rejecting the entire application. An example of this could be that an applicant forgets to include his/her birth certificate with the application. (S)he would get an RFE for the certificate and life will go on once (s)he responds.

Thank you,2much2handle. I will do that.
They have received my application on June 6th. So I'll call them tomorrow. Where do I have to look for the USCIS customer service phone #?

I think you should not worry at all. On the website it says that after you receive your NOAs the biometrics letter usually comes within 30 days. So you still have time and it may take them even longer than those 30 days (let's hope not). I would wait until July 14th and see if something happens. If you still do not receive any letter by that time, then call Customer Service and they will be able to help you because it's going to be 30 days already. Otherwise they may just tell you to wait and call them back after 30-day mark... My husband was in a similar situation when he was in the process of getting his citizenship. He had his FP done and then nothing was happening, so we waited exactly 1 month and he called USCIS and they filed a request to the USCIS asking to explain why it's taking so long. Within couple days we received interview letter :) Good luck!

Congrats! We have FP on the same day :)

Thank you, Mantikos.
I have just received the appointment for the fingerprinting process.It is scheduled for July 27,2011 at 2:00 pm. I am not going to do a walk-in because I don't want to risk not to be allowed.

You are very welcome, please include your time line and your locaion/DO/ASC in your signature so we all can learn from your case/location

Hey Guy.....

i called to see if my check was cashed today. i was told my check was cashed on 30th. But no txt or e-mail yet.

Anybody with the same situation please advise.

This is my timeline.

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte

day 1 :06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
day 3: 06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
day 12: 06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765
day 34: 07/05/2011- received appointment letter for fingerprinting-July 27, 2011 @ 2 pm.

You are very welcome, please include your time line and your locaion/DO/ASC in your signature so we all can learn from your case/location

Quick question, guys.
My passport expired and my driver's license too.
Will they allow me to present myself with either one of them when taken the fingerprints?
There is no way I could have gotten a passport without going to my home country for that.
Thank you in advance.

Quick question, guys.
Will they allow me to present myself with either one of them when taken the fingerprints?
There is no way I could have gotten a passport without going to my home country for that.
Thank you in advance.
Have you tried obtaining a dl with the NOAs? what state are you in?

Quick question, guys.
Thank you in advance.

Why can't you get a passport from your closest consulate?

I am from Romania and my Romanian ID has expired as well. In order to get a passport from the Romanian consulate I need to have a valid ID.To have a valid ID I need to go to Romania to get one. Complicated.

Why can't you get a passport from your closest consulate?

Hey guys, the only ID I have is one issued by the Mexican Consulate here in San Antonio. Will that work for my biometrics appt??
My purse was stolen last year and in there I had my passport and drivers license...