June 2011 Filers

Since you had your marriage ceremony in your home country, came back on F1 and immediately got married here and filed AOS, in my understanding the "intent" issue might be a problem for you, especially if the IO pays close attention to your timeline.

However, as someone else said, these things are determined in a case-by-case basis, and the outcome is entirely up to your IO. So no point in stressing about this now- lets just hope for the best.

Pleasae note that I am as much a beginner in all this as you are (we're both June filers....haha!), so I defer to the opinions of the more experienced posters.

So I have a quick question, I failed to fill in N/A for some of the things that didn't apply to our case and left the fields blank, is it REALLY that big a deal?

So I have a quick question, I failed to fill in N/A for some of the things that didn't apply to our case and left the fields blank, is it REALLY that big a deal?

As far as your question goes - I was wondering the same thing. I personally put N/A everywhere I didn't have an answer. I've heard that overall it is not a good thing to leave space blank (on any documents), because simply somebody can add any information without your knowledge. Maybe it's a stupid way of thinking, but I'm trying to fill out everything.
In your case I think that it shouldn't be a problem since only people from USCIS will handle all your paperwork. I don't think it's going to be a problem. And answering your question - NO, I do not think that it is that big of a deal :)

As far as your question goes - I was wondering the same thing. I personally put N/A everywhere I didn't have an answer. I've heard that overall it is not a good thing to leave space blank (on any documents), because simply somebody can add any information without your knowledge. Maybe it's a stupid way of thinking, but I'm trying to fill out everything.
In your case I think that it shouldn't be a problem since only people from USCIS will handle all your paperwork. I don't think it's going to be a problem. And answering your question - NO, I do not think that it is that big of a deal :)

Yes, from a normal day to day perspective, you are ABSOLUTELY correct...and I would NEVER leave anything blank...but in the stress of getting everything just right, I got somethings plain wrong...as in the N/A and the sate of my USC spouse's Naturalization Certificate (I did write down the number and place and included a copy so shouldn't be a BIG deal either)...yea...my only solace is that ONLY USCIS has access to the paperwork

Yes, from a normal day to day perspective, you are ABSOLUTELY correct...and I would NEVER leave anything blank...but in the stress of getting everything just right, I got somethings plain wrong...as in the N/A and the sate of my USC spouse's Naturalization Certificate (I did write down the number and place and included a copy so shouldn't be a BIG deal either)...yea...my only solace is that ONLY USCIS has access to the paperwork

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understood correctly what you've tried to say. Did you put "N/A" where your spouse's Naturalization Certificate number and place should be?

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understood correctly what you've tried to say. Did you put "N/A" where your spouse's Naturalization Certificate number and place should be?

No, where it asked for my spouse's Naturalization Certificate #, place and date, I forgot to mention the date (I did fill in the Certificate # and place and included a copy of the Certificate)...and other places where the questions were not applicable to me I didn't put N/A...just left them blank

Nobody was able to help me with my previous question here so I created a new thread with my question "Dual Intentions for F1 Visa affects GC?" Any one who can answer my question please visit that thread. Thanks

No, where it asked for my spouse's Naturalization Certificate #, place and date, I forgot to mention the date (I did fill in the Certificate # and place and included a copy of the Certificate)...and other places where the questions were not applicable to me I didn't put N/A...just left them blank

Oh, I got you now! Well, in my opinion it should not be a problem. You should wait and see for the acceptance of your papers. Did you ask for the text message or an e-mail? Or if you can check if they cash your checks then it will be also a good sign that all the papers are filled out correctly.
If it's going to make you feel any better, on one of my forms my printer for some reason didn't print out the barcode (the one on the bottom). I was freaking out that USCIS will send my packet back, but they didn't! So I hope that such minor thing as not mentioning the date is not going to creat a problem for you :) Good luck! :)

Hey guys,

I just checked my case status online and it changed to Request for Evidence Response Review :) I should receive a written decision or written update within 60 days. Hopefully everything will move fast.

Oh, I got you now! Well, in my opinion it should not be a problem. You should wait and see for the acceptance of your papers. Did you ask for the text message or an e-mail? Or if you can check if they cash your checks then it will be also a good sign that all the papers are filled out correctly.
If it's going to make you feel any better, on one of my forms my printer for some reason didn't print out the barcode (the one on the bottom). I was freaking out that USCIS will send my packet back, but they didn't! So I hope that such minor thing as not mentioning the date is not going to creat a problem for you :) Good luck! :)

Thanks bud, I hope so too :)

Hello, everybody,
I hope all is well.
I am becoming a bit worried. I have received 2 NOAs by mail on June 14, 2011. Since then no word from USCIS.
Any input on why they did not send me the appointment letter for fingerprinting.
Thanks.

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte
06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765

Hi all,

just got a biometrics appointment letter for 7/15, dated 6/24. Still never received any NOAs.. Weird.

Hello, everybody,
I hope all is well.
I am becoming a bit worried. I have received 2 NOAs by mail on June 14, 2011. Since then no word from USCIS.
Any input on why they did not send me the appointment letter for fingerprinting.
Thanks.

06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail

Sometimes it takes a little longer to get the bio notice. Wait a couple of more weeks then call customer service.

Hello, everybody,
I hope all is well.
Thanks.

I think you should not worry at all. On the website it says that after you receive your NOAs the biometrics letter usually comes within 30 days. So you still have time and it may take them even longer than those 30 days (let's hope not). I would wait until July 14th and see if something happens. If you still do not receive any letter by that time, then call Customer Service and they will be able to help you because it's going to be 30 days already. Otherwise they may just tell you to wait and call them back after 30-day mark... My husband was in a similar situation when he was in the process of getting his citizenship. He had his FP done and then nothing was happening, so we waited exactly 1 month and he called USCIS and they filed a request to the USCIS asking to explain why it's taking so long. Within couple days we received interview letter :) Good luck!

Hi all,

just got a biometrics appointment letter for 7/15, dated 6/24. Still never received any NOAs.. Weird.

Congrats! We have FP on the same day :)