July-Sept 2003 cases (Excel Attached) - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
kb123,
Thanks for the reply. That's what I am worried about too. Now I have to find out at what stage they withdraw my I-129. I know another guy from my company who is working on EAD. But his I-485 was applied only after the I-140 got cleared.

But from your post I understand it is safe NOT to use EAD until the final green card approval.

thanks
s ram

Hi,
I was trying to find out the current processing times for I-140 at VSC from the following URL.

http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/vt812003.html

I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E11 06.03.2002
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E12 06.05.2002
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E13 04.24.2003
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E21 09.11.2002
I-140 Immigrant Petitioner for Alien Worker E31, E32, EW3 10.01.2002

Can someone tell me what the categories E11, E12.. Ew3 mean. Or is there some place where i can look kup the descriptions.

thanks
s ram

Updated excel sheet

Updated my status with the received and notice date for I-485.

I had a question, do we get separate received and notice dates for I-140 and I-485 concurrent filing???

So far I have got one I-485 receipt notice should I be expecting another one for I-140 also???

Thanx in advance for clearing my doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD not yet approved and updated the sheet

Hello gurus,

Can anybody tell on what dates EAD's are issued. I mean are they issued on the basis of received date or notice date. Because I had submitted on July 3rd and the received date is July 7th where as the Notice date is July 30th.

I have seen many people getting the eads. Does any one know the answer?

Thanks in Advance.

recent AP Approvals

Hi Folks:

I filed recently for AP(first time) by myself using my I485 receipt.

RD date : 08.01.2003; ND 08.07.2003

Did anybody have their AP approvals from VSC who filed in the same timeframe as i am ?

Please share your experiences

Thanks In advance

Ram S -

From your perspective, if you get I-140 approval and the I-485 petition is pending with BCIS for more than 180 days (from ND) you are safe. At that point even if your company withdraws you can still use the the I-140 approval and continue your I-485 processing using AC21 portability. The only restriction here is you should have a similar job in all respects as earlier (for which you got LC and 140 approval. Hope this helps. But make sure you talk to a good immigration attorney prior to taking any decision on your own.

thanks

??

we haven't seen any EAD approvals since 2 weeks......if anyone of you received EAD's, please update the excel sheet.

looks like the processing slowed down again.

Urgent Help Wanted

Hello Guys

My labor recently got certified from Philly and i am preparing documents for the 140 and 485.

My lawyer says she will file for 140 first and after they recieve the receipt of 140 then they will file 485. But i saw that cases were filed together in this forum. Can anyone help me with regards to the same please.

Thanks

Vicky

You do not need to wait for 140 receipt and then apply for 485. You can apply both concurrently...I believe a lot of people in this forum including myself have done the same........No probs

Looks Like VSC has slowed down

Not seen any progress on my case yet.
Looks like they slowed down.
Anybody else got their EAD approved.

Updated the excel sheet

resend the application on 07/31/03
Updated my status with the received and notice date

EAD Approved!!

!!!EAD Approved for my wife today!!!

EAD Details:
MD: 07/24/03
RD: 07/25/03
ND: 07/30/03

AD: 09/03/03

EAD QUESTION

My wife's EAD just got approved. I have a question about the same...

Currently she is on H-4 status. If she apply for SSN, does that mean she is using her EAD? Or EAD is only used when you start working using that?

Can someone please help???

just getting a SS# isn't using your EAD, only when you start working are you outside the scope of your H4 and thus using your EAD.

Usual caveats apply, ie I'm not a lawyer.

SSN with EAD

Hi everyone,

My wife just got her EAD, she was on H4 till now and had no SSN.

Can anyone tell me what is the procedure for applying for SSN after you get EAD and how long it takes to get one.

Many Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.