July-Sept 2003 cases (Excel Attached) - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Receipt date

Hi Gurus,

Any way i have to find out EAC.once i send out the I140 & i485
to BCIS.emp & lawyer is not providing information.

Please advice me in this

:confused: :confused:

Re: Receipt date

emilyde

If you had sent your personal check (usually for 485, your lawyer would have asked your personal check) then you can obtain the copy of the clered check after the check is cleared.

The EAC numbers are generally printed on the backside of the cleared checks. There is no way to find the I140 EAC except from your employer/lawyer.

However your 485 receipt will be mailed to your home address.

HTH
dyno

Originally posted by emilyde
Hi Gurus,

Any way i have to find out EAC.once i send out the I140 & i485
to BCIS.emp & lawyer is not providing information.

Please advice me in this

:confused: :confused:

My lawyer just informed me that filing of I-485 has to be delayed because some stuffs are missing in case of my wife. She is suggesting to abandon the concurrent filing and file I-140 first. Then a few months later, I-485 is followed. Can someone suggest if there is alternative or what impacts it would have exactly.

thank you

Daniel

I'm updating the tracker with my info ...

ID: NVC
Cat: EB3
Mailing Date: 08/14/2003 ( according to my lawyer)
RD: Dont Know
ND: Dont know

Thank You Very Much ..
NVC

140 and 485 papers mailed

Hi,
Finally our 140 and 485 papers have been mailed on 09/04/2003.

I'll keep updating as and when I receive info.

Keep the thread alive.

Thanks,
LaborHope.

our i-140 and i-485 is finally filed on 08/29/2003(as per lawyer)..i will keep the thread posted with rest of process

--rubs

well it depends what's missing. Can you not easily supply the missing information? I think it took my wife and I about 4 hours of effort to find, copy, fill in and collate EVERYTHING required for the 140 and 485. I would suggest you find what it is the lawyer doesn't have, get it and send it to them right now and apply concurrently. I can't see this should take more than a few days.

If whatever stuff they want is going to take you a month to get (not that I can think what that could be), then yes you may as well put the 140 in first and follow up with the 485 later.

Daniel -

It depends on what is missing in your 485 package. If you go ahead and file 140, you have to wait until you receive the receipt notice from BCIS in order for you to file 485. If it is going to take time for you (more than 2+ weeks), like getting birth certificate or marriage certificate/affidavit etc you can ask your attorney to go ahead with 140 filing. But if it is just providing available documentation to your attorney you can do it by next day air and go for concurrent filing.

Hope it helps...

- kb

Hello All,

What does Filing Concurrently actually mean , Does the lawyer actually file for the I-140 first , gets the receipt number and then attached this receipt number while filing for 485- , AP and EAD .

Can someone please explain ,
Thanks,
Rotny

Originally posted by kb123
Daniel -

It depends on what is missing in your 485 package. If you go ahead and file 140, you have to wait until you receive the receipt notice from BCIS in order for you to file 485. If it is going to take time for you (more than 2+ weeks), like getting birth certificate or marriage certificate/affidavit etc you can ask your attorney to go ahead with 140 filing. But if it is just providing available documentation to your attorney you can do it by next day air and go for concurrent filing.

Hope it helps...

- kb

I should have been more specific. My wife is on F-1 status right now (she switched from H-4 to F-1 after attending a school). My lawer just told me that they can not file I-485 for my wife due to her F-1 status. so they suggested for her to switch back to H-4 first, which apparently will cause 2-3 months delay of filing her I-485. I am a little confused because someone told me that my wife's current status should not matter. I also remembered the same from the past. Can anyone explain if my lawer is correct?

thank you very much

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.