July-Sept 2003 cases (Excel Attached) - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi JUNE192001,
I got my EAD within 5 business days from day of approval. You should be getting around Jan 20th.

For emergency AP you can go to your local office and try, but for it you need valid reason and Fax from India showing that somebody nearer to you is seriuos. Also you need to take a fresh I 131 form filled with I 485 receipt , Photos etc. documents to carry to your local office in many of these threads. Search for eAP or Emergency AP.

Good luck, let us know what happened to your local office visit.

Hi June192001,

Congratulations on your wife's EAD.

Can you please tell me when did VSC receive your response to the RFE on the EAD?

I am in a similar situation.

thanks.

AP Approved

My AP got approved on 1/16. It says: "On January 16, 2004, an approval notice was mailed." My ND was 09/23. How long does it take for my attorney to get the approval document?

Thanks

Immigration Question?

Just I want to apply for EAD. But I don't want to use till my I-140 approve. Still my H1b valid with the same employer?

Re: AP Approved

Hi Propat,
Which service center has your AP filed.

Thanks

Originally posted by propat
My AP got approved on 1/16. It says: "On January 16, 2004, an approval notice was mailed." My ND was 09/23. How long does it take for my attorney to get the approval document?

Thanks

Re: Immigration Question?

Originally posted by skriyaz
Just I want to apply for EAD. But I don't want to use till my I-140 approve. Still my H1b valid with the same employer?

You could apply for EAD while you have a valid H1B. However if you use EAD your H1B get invalidated automatically the day you start using H1B. Incase you do not want to use EAD until your I140 is approved; either you could wait until I140 is approved or apply for EAD and do not use it until I140 is approved... its your choice. Remember EAD is valid only for a year and you need to keep renewing every year; plan to apply EAD so that you do not loose much of EADs time.

- SafeNH

Hello Everybody

I cant take this any longer ..seriously..
My Notice date is 8/25/03 for 140/485/765/131

My wife got an RFE regarding her fingerprinting fee on her 485 . we replied to it but the online status has not yet changed .
Then we got and RFE regarding the photos on out 765 and 131 . They said that they needed new Photos. So we sent them the new Photos and they received our response on 12/15/2003.
But I see no sign of any EAD or AP . The online status states that because our preliminary processing has already been completed , further processing should not take much time.

Cannot change employer..cannot get a raise ..cannot return back to India ( Or anyother country for that matter ...because they wont let us back into US as we have already applied for 485 and 765 ) ....cannot buy a house ....cannot live like this any more as a Slave to this system and slave to the employer.

AP Approved

my AP got approved on Jan 16th... Added my details to the spreadsheet:

EB2 Substitution Labor
140/EAD/AP/485 concurrent filing
MD 07/29/03
RD 08/11/03
ND 08/14/03

140 AD - 12/19/03
EAD AD - 12/24/03
AP AD - 01/16/04
485 pending....

Thanks
RPG

Got the Advance Parole from Newark as I have to go on an emergency trip

Hi Guys,

I had to visit India on emergency. I got the letter faxed from India and took it to the Newark office on 20th Jan around 6.00 AM. They let us in around 8.00 AM. I told them about the situation, then they gave the appointment for thursday 22nd. Got the AP yesterday.

But I have one question. I had already applied for the advance parole in January. The ND is 8th Jan.
1) What will happen to that application?
2) Will they process that application?
3) If they give an RFE on that application, the AP they issued yesterday will it be valid?
4) Does it create any problem for me to reenter?
5) or will they cancel the process for the one which applied in January?

Please let me know. I am going to call my advocate. I will let us guys know what his answer is.

Updated Spreadsheet

I'm new to the forum. My I-140 (name : kalbert) got approved surprisingly quickly. 130+ days. ND 09/09/03, Was contacted for RFE 11/20/03, lawyer submitted RFE 11/30/03. I-140 approved 1/23/04.

Good luck to everyone out there!

Need your kind guidance

Hello all
Got a question. I saw in the service center processing dates on the gov website that I-140 processing dates are backlogged a lot. Especially, the EB2 category (June 2002). But the excel sheet shows that people who applied in 2003 got approved. I'am a newbie and confused at this. Can someone help me out?

Also I'am planning to opt for consular processing instead of 485. Will that delay the I140 processing much when when compared to concurrent filing of I140 and 485?

Best Regards..

Re: Got the Advance Parole from Newark as I have to go on an emergency trip

Originally posted by JUNE192001
Hi Guys,

I had to visit India on emergency. I got the letter faxed from India and took it to the Newark office on 20th Jan around 6.00 AM. They let us in around 8.00 AM. I told them about the situation, then they gave the appointment for thursday 22nd. Got the AP yesterday.

But I have one question. I had already applied for the advance parole in January. The ND is 8th Jan.
1) What will happen to that application?
2) Will they process that application?
3) If they give an RFE on that application, the AP they issued yesterday will it be valid?
4) Does it create any problem for me to reenter?
5) or will they cancel the process for the one which applied in January?

Please let me know. I am going to call my advocate. I will let us guys know what his answer is.

Hi JUNE192001

U r lucky as i went to Arlington Office in VA and they turned me down saying that they cannot do that as my application is in Vermont. can u tell me on what all documents u had taken with u and what did they ask u in appointment.

thanks

vicky

Congrats NJWaiting2001.
Can you please tell me when did they update your status on the web?

Actually I am in a similar boat (RFE on EAD).

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.