July-Sept 2003 cases (Excel Attached) - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
140,EAD approved before 180 days

I filed my 140/485/EAD/AP on Sept 28th 2003..
140 and EAD are approved on Dec 15th for me and my wife.
All this is before the 180 days.

Now my question is Can I start working part time for a different company without effecting my primary job who holds my GC processing. I don't want to leave the primary job.

Does this effect in anyway for the rest of the 485 process ??

Or should I wait till the 180 days period to start a part time job.

Re: 140,EAD approved before 180 days

u can work for another employer using your EAD and also continue to work with your original employer. but make sure u satisfy your employer who filed for your GC with the no. of hours u have to work. In other words, i don't think that u can work 20 hours for your original employer. u have to work 35/40 hours for the employer depending on ur LC.

Originally posted by gckrishna
I filed my 140/485/EAD/AP on Sept 28th 2003..
140 and EAD are approved on Dec 15th for me and my wife.
All this is before the 180 days.

Now my question is Can I start working part time for a different company without effecting my primary job who holds my GC processing. I don't want to leave the primary job.

Does this effect in anyway for the rest of the 485 process ??

Or should I wait till the 180 days period to start a part time job.

You have to switch to EAD with your original Employer also

i.e. you can not maintain your H1 status with the original employer.

You have to start working on EAD at both the places.

Let's keep the file name consistent (jul-aug-sep03.xls) and insert new rows in the sort order of Notice/Receipt date. Made the corrections.

AP approved

Just checked the BCIS webiste - AP approved on 12/30 - only just upadated on the website.

Still waiting for the 140.

AP Approval

EB3 concurrent 140/485/EAD/AP
No RFE (don't know if I should rejoice about that or what :rolleyes:
ND: 8/21
AP: approved on 12/30 (per the site - only took 4 months and about 9 days)
EAD: approved sometime before christmas
140: still awaited
485: not even thinking that far :)

congrats Mparth

My ND is 8/20 and EB3 concurrent 140/485/EAD/AP
still waiting for EAD and AP. Yours is pretty similar to my time frame. So, may be I will get my AP sooooooooooooooon.

Jay.

Congrats Mpartha.

Can you please give me your sugession on my case?. How long it will take according to your experiance.

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on September 8, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

EAD after RFE?

Hi,
My EAD was approved on Dec 1st. An RFE was raised on my spouse's EAD for a copy of Drivers License and passport on Dec 4th. My attorney has mailed the documents and it has reached on Jan 12th.

EB2, I-140 and I-485 concurrent filing
Receipt date: 09/30/03
Notice date: 09/30/03

How long would it take for the EAD to be approved for my spouse?

Both our AP's have not been approved yet.
Is there a way to get the AP in case of emergency?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thx,
LaborHope.

jay_gm

I hope you get your papers soon too. Don't know what is going on with 140 approvals - quite a few people who filed after our dates have already received their 140s!

Re: jay_gm

Originally posted by Mparth
I hope you get your papers soon too. Don't know what is going on with 140 approvals - quite a few people who filed after our dates have already received their 140s!

If Mr. Bush spends even a fraction of $120 billion that would go towards mission to mars, we will be in much better shape. Mission to humanity is more important than mission to mars. :(

Funny how things work there - just saw some postings where people with RCs in Nov'03 (yes, that's NOVEMBER 2003) received their 140 approvals at the end of Dec'03!!

Funny how things work there - just saw some postings where people with RCs in Nov'03 (yes, that's NOVEMBER 2003) received their 140 approvals at the end of Dec'03!!

Atlast my EAD got approved

Just checked the BCIS webiste - Mine and Wife's EAD got approved on 01/15 after a painstaking wait - only just upadated on the website.

Dont Know whether to feel happy or not after such a long wait.:confused:

Site says:

On January 15, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Can anyone tell how long does it take to get the EAD? And one more question, I had applied my AP recently, 01-08-04 is the notice date and I had to go to India on an urgent matter. Can any one tell whether I can get my AP if I visit the Local INS office?

Status
Not open for further replies.