July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Can an approved I-130 based on LPR be used after citizenship to file for spouse's GC

Does a PR who has filed and received approval on I-130 for his/her spouse need to file a separate I-130 again along with the I-485 once he/she gets naturalized, or can the approved I-130 (based on LPR) be used to file the I-485?
Basically I am a green card holder and am close to getting my citizenship. Since I am going to file I-485 for my spouse (based on Family), I would appreciate if you can answer this question. I have an approved I-130 for my spouse which I filed in 2004 as an LPR and that got approved in 2005. After I get my citizenship, can I use this approved I-130 to file for my spouse's I-485? Do I need to contact INS or just send the approved I-130 along with the I-485 docs?

Would appreciate a response.

Thanks.

Does a PR who has filed and received approval on I-130 for his/her spouse need to file a separate I-130 again along with the I-485 once he/she gets naturalized, or can the approved I-130 (based on LPR) be used to file the I-485?
Basically I am a green card holder and am close to getting my citizenship. Since I am going to file I-485 for my spouse (based on Family), I would appreciate if you can answer this question. I have an approved I-130 for my spouse which I filed in 2004 as an LPR and that got approved in 2005. After I get my citizenship, can I use this approved I-130 to file for my spouse's I-485? Do I need to contact INS or just send the approved I-130 along with the I-485 docs?

Would appreciate a response.

Thanks.

Yes, you can. Better check with lawyer or USCIS before filing. Just send all the docs (including receipt and approval notices) with your I-485 application.

LOL what's that suppose to mean. BTW thanks all, having a GC,I feel no different than before. I'm finally going to fire my (free) driver, I have an appointment to take my drivers test on the 29 of Jan. I'm pretty sure he's happy he does not have to drive me around anymore after 7 years. I drove around town today, my kids looked like they were about to die when I looked in the mirror and my driver had one eye on the road and the other in his newspaper, so If you see me coming move out my way. I have road rage like no other, I think I silently dropped the F bomb about a 100 times today and a few where my kids were left saying mom watch your mouth. Also I had to take my written test twice. Hell why do they ask questions that have nothing to do with the rules of the road. So read the whole book. I missed 3 the second time.

Oh yes, TRINI.. u better not leave us, I will also.."KEEP MY EYES ON YOU"....lol.
anyway... enjoy, lady u're a free sould, celebrate America with pride.....lol:):):)

Dressing for the interview

Do you guys went to the interview formally dressed or just a top and jeans would do? Any ideas about other folks you saw during interview process?

Thanks !!!

Nothing happening with my case

I filed for my parents on July 25(RD).

Mothers' approved a GC in hand 11/17/2007.

Fathers' pending without any news.

Called 800 number and they asked me to take an infopass and go to local office.

Went to local office and they are saying case is not with them and don't know how long does it take to process it.

What should I be doing?

Appreciate your comments.

We finally got the interview letter for my wife yesterday... Here process must've been the slowest of everyone here...

Timeline see my signature!

You are not the slowest. I am sure anyone like me in with DC office are a lot slower.

you're right...it seems like mine is one of the slowest-probably not the only one but I still didnt get IL and if You look at the proccesing timelines You will see that Hartford is doing april 2007 aplications now so...good luck to me;)i will be waiting good few more months just to get the letter and then another two months to go there....BS....nothing we can do about it I guess...I just hope I will get my GC before my work permit expires;)hehe

all the best for everyone who is still waiting:)and for the rest too;)heheh

Got Approved in Garden City, NY! The interview was a breeze but my passport wasn't stamped because my wife accidentally put it through the washer a couple of days ago... :p

Weird Interview

We just came back from the interview and don't know whether I should be happy or should I be sad.

We reached at 9:35am for 10am interview and were called around 10:20pm by a Chinese fellow. He said that he is running late so will be quick. We were glad to hear that.

He asked our Drivers license and we then took oath. Then he started going through I-485 paper and I-130 paper with questions on address, which schools she went to, confirmed phone number etc ... Then he saw my wife's Birth certificate and said how come your wife has same last name. We said that most of families have same last name there. He asked if you guys are related. We said no. He was still not convinced and kept asking it again and again throughout our 15 min interview.

He then asked to see original marriage certificate and our son's date of birth certificate. He asked if our son was born to both of us and we said yes. Then asked give me documents proving the relationship. I gave him a bunch of documents and he asked if he can keep it. I said yes.

Then he said, I have to do some clerical work and then make a decision on your case. We asked if anything is wrong? He said not so far. Your case is straight forward and unless I find some issue in your application, you should get a welcome letter if we approve your case. I asked if there is a need for 2nd interview and he said not likely. I asked how long will you take to make a decision, he said maybe today maybe in next couple of days. He is not sure. I asked him that we are traveling in first week of Feb and he said that's a long time, you will hear a decision by then. You can bring welcome letter and get your passport stamped if you do not receive your GC by then. But don't travel on AP after GC is approved. But still all depends on the decision he makes.

In 15 min everything was over and we were out confused that I haven't seen any such thing so far in any forum. I had initially planned to celebrate but we both are so glum now ....

Since our application status does not show online, it is very hard to track the progress. I am thinking of calling USCIS tomorrow to find out if the decision has been made or not. Else I will have to call next week.

That kind of sucks - sorry to hear that.

But if he did word it as
...you will hear a decision by then. You can bring welcome letter and get your passport stamped if you do not receive your GC by then.
that kind of indicates that he's going to approve it. And hopefully it means your namecheck is done, otherwise he might not have worded it that way.

That kind of sucks - sorry to hear that.

But if he did word it as that kind of indicates that he's going to approve it. And hopefully it means your namecheck is done, otherwise he might not have worded it that way.

Thanks for the concern. Our name check is clear -- we asked that in INFOPASS and to the Interview officer also.

We just came back from the interview and don't know whether I should be happy or should I be sad.

We reached at 9:35am for 10am interview and were called around 10:20pm by a Chinese fellow. He said that he is running late so will be quick. We were glad to hear that.

He asked our Drivers license and we then took oath. Then he started going through I-485 paper and I-130 paper with questions on address, which schools she went to, confirmed phone number etc ... Then he saw my wife's Birth certificate and said how come your wife has same last name. We said that most of families have same last name there. He asked if you guys are related. We said no. He was still not convinced and kept asking it again and again throughout our 15 min interview.

He then asked to see original marriage certificate and our son's date of birth certificate. He asked if our son was born to both of us and we said yes. Then asked give me documents proving the relationship. I gave him a bunch of documents and he asked if he can keep it. I said yes.

Then he said, I have to do some clerical work and then make a decision on your case. We asked if anything is wrong? He said not so far. Your case is straight forward and unless I find some issue in your application, you should get a welcome letter if we approve your case. I asked if there is a need for 2nd interview and he said not likely. I asked how long will you take to make a decision, he said maybe today maybe in next couple of days. He is not sure. I asked him that we are traveling in first week of Feb and he said that's a long time, you will hear a decision by then. You can bring welcome letter and get your passport stamped if you do not receive your GC by then. But don't travel on AP after GC is approved. But still all depends on the decision he makes.

In 15 min everything was over and we were out confused that I haven't seen any such thing so far in any forum. I had initially planned to celebrate but we both are so glum now ....

Since our application status does not show online, it is very hard to track the progress. I am thinking of calling USCIS tomorrow to find out if the decision has been made or not. Else I will have to call next week.

What is your district office Omorpehus?

Hi Guys,,,
I just got my IL ....yuuupi:)the interview is on March 19 at 10.30AM
Iam so happy..I tought it wll never come:)

take care....:)