July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Congratulations Nikaaa, it was about time, I hope everything goes well in your interview. Good luck;)

thank you very much....i didnt expect it so it was nice feeling:)hope everyone who is still waiting will get theirs soon so we all can be happy and done with the whole immigration thing;)
cross fingers for me in march:)

:):):):)

HI TRINI PLEASE UPDATE MY TIMELINE....I CHECKED USCIS WEBSITE TODAY AND IT SHOWED CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!! tHANK YOU JESUS!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS guys on your approvals and for thoese also waiting. I am praying for you all in this forum. My interview is on the 21st of this month, so I hope to share the good news when I get back on the 21st.
Happy valentines day i advance to all you love birds over there....lol.
P........E.......A........C.........E.

Hey all.

Congrats to all who got approved. The rest I hope you will soon.

I had my interview on feb 6th. Got approved, and even Passport Stamped (without even asking). But no LUD's yet.

Is it supposed to take this long to get LUD's after interview?

Interview was very smooth, but I guess we had a lot of docs to show, and especially a LOT of pictures (around 300 from 2004 till now).

Anyway, at least I wasn't stuck in namecheck.

Hey all.

Congrats to all who got approved. The rest I hope you will soon.

I had my interview on feb 6th. Got approved, and even Passport Stamped (without even asking). But no LUD's yet.

Is it supposed to take this long to get LUD's after interview?

Interview was very smooth, but I guess we had a lot of docs to show, and especially a LOT of pictures (around 300 from 2004 till now).

Anyway, at least I wasn't stuck in namecheck.
Congrats:)it's over for You....how does it feel?must be nice:)
can You tell us something more about the interview?what kind of questions You guys had etc...

big Congrats again ane have a nice life as a pernament resident:)

Congrats:)it's over for You....how does it feel?must be nice:)
can You tell us something more about the interview?what kind of questions You guys had etc...

big Congrats again ane have a nice life as a pernament resident:)

Sure.

Nevertheless, the interview process really depends on who interviews you and how kind/mean the interviewer is.

Our interview was at 8am (Yes in the morning). The lady, who was very nice walked us in and made us swear to tell the truth. After that we were given each our initial applications (I-130 for my wife and I-485 for me). She asked us to go through them and make sure everything is still accurate and to sign and initial the bottom.

Funny enough back in october I had an RFE asking for the marriage licence which I knew I had given in the initial filing, which slowed my process I guess, and before she started asking questions she gave us back a copy of marriage license, because they had an extra: So why the RFE I wonder?

Anyway she then asked if my wife knew me well and if I knew her well. We both said yes and she asked me when my wife was born. Then asked my wife to tell her when we met and where we met. What we were doing at the time... She then asked me how and why I thought that she was the one.

After that she asked for all the docs we wanted to submit to prove our relationship. My wife handed the photo album first with more than 300 pictures. The woman liked the pictures and they go since 3 and a half years so that was good. Then she asked me who was who on the pics with her family, and asked my wife the same questions about the pics with my family...

She asked us to give her a couple of pictures of us both. We had at least 20 post cards or mail from her family to me or to the both of us. The nice lady kept one of the postcards. Then she said "OK thank you" and asked for another lady to take my passport and asked me to follow her. She told me goodbye, so I asked when I would have an answer, she told me that everything was fine and I just needed to follow the other woman to get my passport stamped and that I should receive my card in the mail soon.

That's it.

List of documents I brought:
-leases
-dl with same addresses
-post office change of addresses for the both of us
-photo album (they keep some)
-postcards and mail (they keep some)
-bank statement
-travel itinerary

That's all we had for proof.

N.B: that list does not include of course all the other documents required on the IL such as marriage license (again) and other things.

Help...interview confusion

Hello All,

So my husband had his interview this morning and it went well until the officer wanted to go over the affidavit of support. I am a student so I don't have income, but my husband has been working here on an H1B since 2006. There is a form called I-864A which allows you to apply household income to your affidavit of support.

This is what the I-864A form says about it:

Listed below are two ways that the intending immigrant may
be considered to be a household member for the purposes of
pooling income with the sponsor to meet the Affidavit of
Support requirements

*The intending immigrant has the same principal residence
as the sponsor and the intending immigrant can establish
that his or her income will continue from the same source,
even after acquisition of permanent residence.

*The intending immigrant is the sponsor's spouse and the
intending immigrant can show that his or her income will
continue from the same source after acquisition of
permanent residence.

The officer said we can't use my husband's income as a financial resource because it just looks like he is paying me for a green card!!!! If this is true why does the I-864A form exist?

What can I do to change this? I dont want to find a joint sponsor. Help please!!!!

Hi Anace
Did You get anything yet?it's about time for You to get the letter!!!!Cross my fingers for You!
Question to all....is that normal that I didnt get the LUD after i got IL??my status didn change since the begining...wierd??!!

What's the filing fee for I-485?

My spouse is going to file I-485 adjustment of status. Along with he will also file I-765 and I-131. Does he need to send fees for I-765 and I-131 along with the I-485 fees?
The USCIS website says that - "If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for advance parole on Form I-131 and/or employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-131 and I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-131 and/or I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-131 and/or I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of the receipt for your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, as evidence of the filing of an I-485."

Does it mean that I-485 fee would be $930 plus a biometrics fee of $80 with no I-765 and I-131 fees?

Hi Anace
Did You get anything yet?it's about time for You to get the letter!!!!Cross my fingers for You!
Question to all....is that normal that I didnt get the LUD after i got IL??my status didn change since the begining...wierd??!!

Hi Nikaa,

Finally I got the IL this past Saturday for April 22nd:) I am very happy!!:D. As for the LUD mine hasn't change either but for what I have read they are many people on the same situation, so don't worry. I wish you all the luck on the interview and please let us know how everything goes.

YUUUUPI

Im so happy for You!Finally...!!!!:)I almost thought that they forgot about us;)thank God everything is moving along!Of course I will let You guys know how it went...I got to admit,I am very nervous...I hope I have enough papers for a proof and everything will go smooth....thanks for all wishes and cross fingers for me!
take care!

Nikaa

Finally I got the IL this past Saturday for April 22nd:) I am very happy!!:D. As for the LUD mine hasn't change either but for what I have read they are many people on the same situation, so don't worry. I wish you all the luck on the interview and please let us know how everything goes.[/QUOTE]

Need Help

Mailed all the documents for my spouse to Chicago on Feb 15th and it was received on Feb 19th.

1. This forum says July & August Tracker. Can I post here or if tehre is nay other place I can post, can anyone please provide me a link there?
2. I noticed that it took a month for the checks to be cleared for some of you, is that the normal time frame for checks to be cleared?

Got the link

Mailed all the documents for my spouse to Chicago on Feb 15th and it was received on Feb 19th.

1. This forum says July & August Tracker. Can I post here or if tehre is nay other place I can post, can anyone please provide me a link there?
2. I noticed that it took a month for the checks to be cleared for some of you, is that the normal time frame for checks to be cleared?

Found the link for Feb'08 Filers. Thank you.

Posted already in the other July thread... Went with the wife to the interview this Wednesday and her GC (with conditions as we are less than 2 years married) was approved and her passport was stamped! Now we will have to file for removal of the conditions in '09..

Complete timeline - see signature!