July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Congrats....Can You tell us something more about the interview???
thanks and enjoy new life;)

Posted already in the other July thread... Went with the wife to the interview this Wednesday and her GC (with conditions as we are less than 2 years married) was approved and her passport was stamped! Now we will have to file for removal of the conditions in '09..

Complete timeline - see signature!

Congrats....Can You tell us something more about the interview???
thanks and enjoy new life;)

The interview was very short and he just asked for some documents that had both names on it.. I showed him a car title, health insurance and bank statements.. Showed him some pics and we started talking a little bit about my car hobby (some of my cars were in some of the pics - including my race car). He had very few questions and after about 15 minutes he said that he'll approve the petition and that my wife will get her temporary green card in a couple of weeks and that we will have to file to have the conditions removed by a certain date. He never asked any questions on how we met etc.. He only asked when and where we got married etc... if we live together... Very basic stuff..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks GrandSportC3...:)every story from the interview is helpfull for us!
Have a good one !

The interview was very short and he just asked for some documents that has both names on it.. I showed him a car title, health insurance and bank statements.. Showed him some pics and we started talking a little bit about my car hobby (some of my cars were in some of the pics - including my race car). He had very few questions and after about 15 minutes he said that he'll approve the petition and that my wife will get her temporary green card in a couple of weeks and that we will have to file to have the conditions removed by a certain date. He never asked any questions on how we met etc.. He only asked when and where we got married etc... if we live together... Very basic stuff..

Here we go guys.
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident. On March 3, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case.

and

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN Current Status: Approval notice sent. On March 3, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.
I WILL STILL BE HERE, FOR THE NEXT STEP.
AND FOR THOES JULY AND AUGUST FILERS STILL PENDING, JUST BELIEVE AND BE REST ASSURED THAT YOU WILL BE APPROVED SHORTLY. GOOD LUCK.

hey guys, i am so happy...lol..Fasten your seat belt.......here comes another one...lol

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 5, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

congrats:)....I hope to be as happy as you in 2 weeks....I have to tell you guys... I don't remember being so scared!I can't sleep already I'm so nervous....wow....I feel like I'm going for the most important exam in my life....brrrr....;/

hey guys, i am so happy...lol..Fasten your seat belt.......here comes another one...lol

On March 5, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

congrats:)....I hope to be as happy as you in 2 weeks....I have to tell you guys... I don't remember being so scared!I can't sleep already I'm so nervous....wow....I feel like I'm going for the most important exam in my life....brrrr....;/

yes u will.:):):)

Hi Nikaa,

Finally I got the IL this past Saturday for April 22nd:) I am very happy!!:D. As for the LUD mine hasn't change either but for what I have read they are many people on the same situation, so don't worry. I wish you all the luck on the interview and please let us know how everything goes.

Congrats anace, you finally got your IL, I'm still waiting for my name check to clear, good luck in your interview :cool:

Congrats godisgoodtome, nice to hear that your GC is on the way.:p

Regarding processing times for I-485: Green card

Hey,
I wanted to know if there is any one who applied for I-485 on July 31 has heard anything back from USCIS ?
I applied to I-765,I-131 AND I 485 back in July 31 2007 and got my I-131 and I-765 approval on 10 th Nov 2007 however since then I haven't heard anything back from USCIS.When I check my case status online , all it says is that:

n October 3, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I called USCIS couple of times and they didn't have any updates for me either.
I am based in minneapolis.

Pl advice me if there is something I can do apart from waiting to figure out whats going on .

Regards
Bhupi

CONGRATUALTIONS GODISGOODTOME....YOU KNOW IT WAS ONLY JESUS WHO DID..I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU...SEE U IN 2 YRS WHEN W EHAVE TO REMOVE THE CONDITIONS!!

Hey guys I am so blessed. I received my card in the mail Tody. Its so nice to everything rush to me at the same time. Thank you all for being there for me and I wil be here till all is over in 2 years.
thanks guys.

Timeline - H1B Married to US Citizen

Here's the timeline of my case -

02/18/08 - Mailed I-385, I-765, I-864W, I-131, G325, copy of Approved I-130
02/26/08 USCIS Recieved Date
03/03/08 Notice Date for I-131, I-485 and I-765
03/21/08 FP Appointment Date

What actually is the green card? Is it the permanent resident card? Or is it something else?
Also once you receive the permanent resident card, do you still need the EAD card to work legally? I am so confused. Part of the reason is that my hubby never received an EAD card as the INS messed up his A#. After a couple of trips to the local center with an infoPass, it was figured out that was the problem. Needless to say, today he received the permanent resident card, but still no EAD card. Is this card needed?

What actually is the green card? Is it the permanent resident card? Or is it something else?
Also once you receive the permanent resident card, do you still need the EAD card to work legally? I am so confused. Part of the reason is that my hubby never received an EAD card as the INS messed up his A#. After a couple of trips to the local center with an infoPass, it was figured out that was the problem. Needless to say, today he received the permanent resident card, but still no EAD card. Is this card needed?

No you don;t need EAD Card now. It is usually destroyed by IO or advised by them to destroy once green card is approved

So what we received is a green card? We are so confused probably because of the long and lengthy process we have been through, but that is another post.

Is a Permanent Resident Card the same as a green card?