July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Thank you all for your help and good wishes during this process.

We had our interview today and got approved.

Had our interview at 9:30 am and we reached there at 9:00 am. There were just 3 other couples in the room and one couple had come with their lawyer.

We were called promptly at 9:30 am by a Spanish lady IO (was really nice and it made us feel easy). When we entered the room, we were sworn in. There were 4 chairs in the room and she asked my wife to sit on the chair to the left and me on the right. There was a camcoder on a tripod on her side and I think that this is pretty standard (not sure if our interview was being recorded).

While I was talking out the paperwork from my backpack, she started talking to my wife and asked her when did we first meet and where? Then she asked us for our ID's and wrote down our details with a red pen.

She asked my wife how long were we married? and then asked me if it was an arranged marriage. She than asked us for proof that we were married and asked us to provide a certified copy of our marriage certificate.

She then wanted to see all the other documents that we had brought to prove our marriage. I had collected a lot of documents and spend time arranging them nicely and she complemented us on how organized we were and said that their lives would be so much easier if everyone was as prepared. I think this is something that everyone should do.

Surprisingly, she wanted to go through all the documents we had
1. Car title
2. Car insurance
3. Bank statements
4. Credit card statements
5. Utility bill.
6. Medical insurance with my wife as a dependent
7. Tax papers that we had filed together
8. Itenary from a couple of our trips.
9. Greeting cards
10. Photographs (she took a couple for her records)

I am glad I was well prepared. She was finally satisfied and then she moved on to asking me where I work, what I do etc. and asked me a letter of employment and pay stubs. She then asked me for my naturalization certificate.

At that time, I say her put a stamp stating APPROVED in green and I thought that we were done, but she continued asking questions to my wife. Later I realized that she was approving my I-130 then.

She then continued to ask us what we liked about each other, what we do on weekends?

She then asked my wife details about my father and mother i.e. their name and where do they stay etc.. There were some questions on what was my wife's major and what schools had she applied to?

Finally she moved on to the famous YES/NO questions and asked us if we had received our EAD and AP. She removed the I94 from my wife's passport and told us that she was approving our case and again put a green stamp on a piece of paper.

She checked that our FP and name check was cleared and told us that this was a conditional green card and we would have to file a form within 2 years to get a permanent card and we were on our way.

Overall, it took us about 1/2 hour but it did not seem so long.

I did not ask her about stamping our passport and she told us that we should receive our card in 2 weeks or so.

Once again, thank you all for your support and our good wishes to all who are waiting for their turn.

Consolidated list of Interview experiences from all the threads.

All,

This was something that came handy to us when we were preparing for our interview. Hope this helps.

Apologize for the long posting.

______

Alright guys, it’s my turn now(been waiting for this to say ). Our interview is scheduled at 8:30 this morning and we were there 30 min early. After passing the security we were asked to wait in a different room which attached to the main building. The room is packed with large groups and almost everyone has their lawyer with them. We were little worried at first but very confident since we are fully prepared with all possible documents and photos. Around 8:15 the officer called our names and introduced herself and asked us if we want use restroom. I have to say she is super friendly but we didn’t let our guard down She had our file on the table with A# on the file, she asked our ID’s and passport and asked if we want tp have coffee ( at this point we are worried a bit if we are going to be here for long), we politely said no and after that she swore us and sat down. She opened our file and started asking our birth place, DOB…etc and marking with a red pen. Next she asked us what documents we have to prove we are a couple, been waiting for that, I pulled our file with full of document individually marked with tags (been working on this a week). She took all the copies but returned checking and CD, saving account print outs. I’ve asked her if my name check cleared, she looked at the computer and told us it’s cleared on July 19th and said you are all done and printed a copy of approval notice. I’ve asked her if she is going to stamp in my PP but she said they are not doing that anymore and I should receive my card within 3 weeks. That's it guys we are out by 8:35...it took just 17 mins...nice and simple.

Good luck

Our interview went really well this morning. It lasted all of about 7 minutes. The IO called us in, told us to stand, raise our right hand and take the oath. Then, he asked us where we met, and then asked for proof of marriage documents. I gave him our marriage license, our joint bank account statement, our mortgage statement, the warranty deed for our house, our car insurance with both our names on it, our life insurance with each other as beneficiaries, and was pulling out more stuff, when he told me he'd seen enough, he didn't need to see more. I asked him if he wanted to see our pictures and he said no. He asked us no further questions, and told us our case was approved pending namecheck.

He also said that in my case, the most likely reason why namecheck was incomplete, is becuase my case has been processed very fast (it's been less than 3 months since I submitted the paperwork). He said he expected my namecheck to clear soon (in about a month he said). He did also say that sometimes people get stuck in namecheck for no reason, but he felt this should clear within the next month. Also, for those curious, he said they check for whether namecheck has cleared or not for all their cases once very couple of days.

Anyway, my interview was very easy, thanks to all the prep work I'd done as a result of reading the posts here. Thanks all

Conditional Greencard Approved!

Ok here's our interview story in the San Francisco office. I'm petitioner/USC and hubby filed for AOS.

The night before the interview, we prepared the paperworks listed and made copies organized in our binder. Made sure I photocopied EAD, AP and interview letter so I have copies in case something gets messed up after they take this away. I'm a bit worried about the pictures because we had a civil ceremony and did not have any pictures during that day. I had a lot of pictures with both our families together. We also rehearsed the questions esp the weird ones like when did you last have sex, what color is the underwear, what is the color of your carpet, etc... We prepared as best we could.

Interview day: Drove to the city @10am(we were suppose to go directly to Los Angeles after for a wedding but hubby forgot his suit due to the whole immigration process). Dropped by our lawyer who filed the paperwork for us to get copies. We opted not to include lawyer in the interview since our case looks pretty straightforward. Never seen how the lawyer organized the papers since hubby worked with her, but i'm pretty impressed on how organized they were.

Parked at the front public parking. Since we will be staying for more than 2 hours, it will cost us the maximum amount $29.50. Bit of a bummer but we did not mind. We still had about 30 minutes to kill so we hung out at Specialtys coffee shop. Interview was scheduled at 12:45pm. Tried to go in an hour before but they were pretty strict so we killed more time in the nearby Starbucks.

At 12:15pm, there was a small line outside the building and we were admitted. We made sure we left the cellphone in our car. Went upstairs and gave the receptionist our interview letter. It looks like the employees were coming back from lunch.

At 1pm (15 mins after our appt time), we were called by an Asian guy (a Filipino, like us). He was very professional, curt and did not make any small talk. He directed us to his office. There were 4 chairs in his office. He specifically asked me to sit in the first chair, put our paperwork and binder on the 2nd chair and have my husband sit on the 3rd chair. He introduced himself, did the oath. He asked the following and made some notes:
1. Our driver's license
2. My US passport or Naturalization certificate
3. My husband's passport and I-94 (he wrote "cancelled" on hubby's B1 visa)
4. EAD card (did not ask for AP so I did not volunteer it)

He then pointedly asked most of the questions to my husband: When were we married, when is my birthday. He asked me when is my hubby's bday. Then focused again on my husband for most of the interview.
Where do you work? Since when did you work there? Where did you go to school (he was familiar with DLSU)? When did you graduate? What company did you work for in the Philippines? Can you provide a copy of the house deed (he just requested for photocopies, did not want to see the originals). He then proceeded to ask the NO questions like are you a terrorist, etc. (I thought it we were good and ready to go, but I assumed too soon)...

The complication of our case was hubby entered as tourist but was able to convert visa to H1B before tourist visa expired, so he was never out of status. So he asked if the original company sponsored his H1 visa (I was getting a bit nervous that the officer decided to get into this topic). He then asked the question "DID THE COMPANY CONTACT YOU BEFORE OR AFTER YOU ENTERED THE US?". Good thing hubby had presence of mind to answer AFTER. He then digged deeper, how did you get employment there? My hubby said through a friend and he asked "what is the name of your friend?" "Is your friend still working for that employer?" "Is your friend from the same school? What batch is he?" Hubby gave friend's name and just enough details. I was sitting there and really worried on the technicality of his entry, or he might start investigating hubby's friend. (They might think he entered as tourist to gain employment instead of just visiting the country ...). He then dropped the topic and just said "Oh I know someone from that batch and may know your friend". This point just surprised me because I was hoping they would focus on the marriage instead of the visa stuff since a lot of applicants I know have even overstayed and that issue did not come up during the interview.

Finally he then proceeded to request for documents with our name together so I gave copies of insurance cards and bank statements. He asked for 3 pictures he can keep in his file so I gave pix with our families together. He typed some things on his computer and said we would not need our EAD anymore because he was approving us today . He gave us a letter on reminder to lift conditional GC. We asked if we can get a stamp on passport (since hubby plans to fly out home in a couple of weeks) but he said they do not give that anymore unless its an emergency. He suggested we wait for card instead of getting the stamp so we don't any encounter problems in customs. If we really need to fly, he said we can always do infopass.

Before we were about to leave, the mood was a bit lighter. He said my husband has a semblance to a Filipino actor. We were really quiet, just politely smiling, because we did not want to mess up by talking too much. He then noticed my box of pictures and he thought it was a wedding album (it was a box for all the pictures, we had no wedding album). I was nervous that he may still want to look at this, but he just said that he felt bad I had to carry it around and he did not even ask for it (I don't mind, really!).

My husband's adrenaline was still shot with the visa questioning, but overall we were happy with the approval. The officer was very professional. We are excited to get the card in 3 weeks or earlier.

Thank you to everyone in this forum My first thought was to try and remember everything and make sure I report to you guys!
06/20 FP Notice for i485/i765
07/12 FP Appt.
no touches after biometrics
07/21 Interview Letter Received
08/22 EAD and AP approval email
08/23 and 8/24 AP touched. No change in status.
08/27 AP received in the mail.
08/27 EAD card production ordered and approved again.
09/04 EAD received in the mail.
09/07 Interview Date - APPROVED!
09/20 Conditional GC Received![FONT]

Ok trini here it goes,

Ok, so I got married in 20.07.2007, we field I-130,I-485, and I-130 on 24 of July. I received my FP on the 09.05.2007, and my AP on the 23 of October. The interview happened today.

At 9:00 AM we left Birmingham, AL, arrived in Atlanta at 1:14PM( that is the time it was stamped on my I-797c) and set down and waited. There were about 30 people in the waiting area and I would say about 80% of people had lawyers with them. So we waited for 25 minutes (scheduled for 1:30PM) and a tall lady comes out and calls my name, we follow her to her office.

Asks us for ID ( we gave here my passport and my wife’s passport ) then she swears us in and ask us what are our names are, phone numbers, what is our address now and if we live together, where we were born, where we got married asks me about my nonimmigrant status ( I was on F-1 ). She asks me if I am a terrorist and if I am paining on marrying some one else in USA. Next, she asks for our papers with names on and I gave here rental agreement car docs credit card and checking account docs, she is looking at copies and says congratulations you are approved for PR, the card will arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. The only original she wanted to see was our marriage license, no photos no questions about our weeding (we got married at courthouse). So this is my story, fast only 15 min and no complications.

Oh my wife is US citizen and I am a Slovenian citizen.

First of all, I want to thank everyone in this forum who helped me in one way or the other. Especially all of you who answered some of the questions I had - I am very grateful.

Now to the story about my interview experience today: My appointment was at 1:30PM but we arrived there at 1:05PM and we were called in like 5minutes later. The officer was very nice and he started off by making small talk about how deep my voice was when I answered him. This was as we walked down the hallway towards his office.
So we got to his office and he showed us to the chairs but asked us to remain standing for the oath. After the oath he started asking me what and how I will be doing to help with the cooking for thanksgiving. After that he reviewed all the biographic information we had filled in the forms and he was making notes on them while I answered. Then we went to the famous yes and no questions. The he reached for a stamp – I tried to make out what it said but I couldn’t. I thought it was something like ‘postponed’ or ‘repositioned’ or something (I really don’t know what that stamp said) but I was like I hope that damn namecheck was cleared. After that we started talking about soccer – he was a soccer fan just like me and we started talking about chances of some of the European teams for Euro 2008 and we discussed the results of today’s games. A minute later he asked my wife how and when we met which she answered. The next question he asked us what whether we were happy together. I answered that. And that basically were all questions he asked.

After that he said to my wife that if she could show him some documents we had together and he will approve my case. I took over because I was the one that arranged all the documents and know where each one was. He told me to relax and that everything was alright. I brought everything we had and he was gathering them together to make copies so I told him that I already had copies for him – he was glad to accept the copies. I had more documents than he really needed - he just told me that he’s got enough. He stapled them together and took my passport. I saw him reach for the stamp and bang! He stamped me passport for the temporary I-551. Started giving me small advice about job search and asked me to take care of my wife. All the time he was remarking about how beautiful my wife is. Finally he handed me my passport, congratulated me and told me to take my time to put my documents back into my briefcase. We had a photo album with about 50 photos or more but he never looked at any of them. Over all he was a very nice and friendly guy. I think they have a way to figure out genuine marriages in most cases and tend not to give those couples a lot of headache. We were done by 1:30PM and he walked us out again. Everything was over in less than 15 minutes. I am so happy.

For the rest of you out there yet to go for your interview, I will say prepare yourselves very well. I was very well organized. I had all my documents in 5 folders that I labeled properly with the contents on the cover. So when he asked for any document, I knew where it was and promptly handed it to him. He was impressed with that. I am not saying that will get your case approved but it will at least save the IO’s time and not frustrate him/her and also help keep you relaxed. I will remember the rest of you in my prayers. So long as your are real in your intentions, everything will work out fine.

Thank you everyone once again and like Austriacus will say….to be continued in 2009!!
10/01/07 - IL received
10/25/07 - FP code 3 completed
10/25/07 - LUD I-765 & I-485 - EAD card prod ordered
11/07/07 - LUD - I-765 - EAD Approval notice sent
11/08/07 - EAD received
11/21/07 - AOS interview - approved
11/25/07 - LUD I485&I130 - welcome letter sent 11/23
11/26/07 - LUD I485 - card prod ordered

Guys,

We got approved at the LA DO office this morning and wanted share our experience.

Our appt was scheduled for 9:35 am and we got in the waiting room at 9am. Submitted the appt letter to a lady and waited for our names to be called. I would say 8 out of 10 pple had their lawyers with them. I used my lawyer to file the paperwork but saw no point bringing him for the interview paying $650 extra. However, we consulted with the lawyer last week to prep for the interview.

Anyways, our name was called out finally at 10:10am. Officer Rios called our names and led us to his office room. He introduced himself first and swore us before we took our seat. First thing he asked us what is our relationship? Then he asked for IDs and docs showing both our names to establish our relationship. We only had joint bank a/c statement and car insurance contract stating both our names.

While I was taking them out from the folder, the IO started asking questions to my wife....name, age, address, when we got married, place of birth etc. The questions did not follow any patterns but most sounded like straight cut details from the forms filed. He ticked off and wrote small comments after each answers.

Then he turned to me. Double checked some details right from the forms. I provided him with the social security number which was not mentioned when we filed the forms. He took a note of that. He then moved to the legendary "no" questions.

He then started talking our home country and how we had good shrimps from there. He started numerous questions regarding our home country and was just talking off the records. While talking to us, he was filling out numerous internal forms. Through the edge of my eye, I saw him signing off on the welcome letter. He also attached the evidence we provided, my EAD card, and photocopies we provided to the file. He then took my social security card, my wife's DL and some docs and asked us to wait...he is gonna be back soon.

When he returned he said congrats, smiled, you have been approved and you will receive your card in 2-3weeks. I asked him should we celebrate.....he said....yeah just dont get too drunk. We thanked him and smiled.

Voluntarily, i asked him so there is no issue with my namecheck? He replied back what is that and having an expression that he doesnt have any clue what i am talking. He laughed and said sounds like you are not happy with the good news I gave you?

He said ok since its a concern for you, let me double check. He then spent around 7-10 mins on his computer completing different forms online. He then turned and said you are all set.

He said congrats....welcome to the US to me, shook our hands and said you can celebrate now. He gave us the welcome letter and another instruction page detailing about the 2-yr conditional GC. We thanked him back and left the office.

The officer was in his 50s-60s from Philipino, very polite and friendly. When we came out, we realize that we were inside for almost 40 mins. Most of that time he spent writing down.

So, in a nut shell it was lengthy but a pleasant experience.

Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, I-693, G-325A
06/29/07 USPS package to Chicago lockbox
07/05/07 RD
07/12/07 ND
07/16/07 NOAs for I-130, I-485 & I-765
07/17/07 LUD on I-130, I-485 & I-765
08/07/07 Biometrics done
09/13/07 EAD Card production ordered
09/19/07 Received EAD card in the mail!!!
09/24/07 Received IL scheduled for 11/9/07
11/09/07 GC Interview!! Approved
11/21/07 GC Received in the mail

Hello all,
Today we had our interview at 2:30pm, DO: Columbus, OH. It was raining only in Downtown, and raining harder around the USCIS building, my wife was complaining the whole two blocks we had to walk to get there, it wasn't my fault I mentioned to her to bring the umbrella.. but she didn't!! I was nervous, even though I hadn't been this whole time, I was concerned about my overstay, my illegal employment history in the US, especially I was scared my nervs would get in the way of the interview going smoothly.
We arrived shy of the printed time, cold, wet and nervous (we were the only ones in the room without a lawyer (kinda freaked me out); the officer took my IL and told me to sit and wait for my name to be called, we waited about 30 minutes and an older caucasian lady came up and mentioned our names and asked to follow her.. She started by saying name check and fingerprints had cleared and all she needed was some more details from us.
She went ahead and randomly asked a series of questions from the "yes/no" part of the I-485 questionaire, then she proceed to ask for my full name, asked about my wife's fulla name and DOB, our address, proof of marriage; we had car insurance and a common checking account, she asked if we have have kids she responded, you too will make some really cute kids when the time comes, then she turned to my wife she asked if we had ever taken any trips together, asked for her divorce papers.. then she proceed to say, you're all set and should receive your card within three weeks, maybe more due to the holidays.
Almost to the end, my wife sugested she should take a look at our photo album, she had spent a long time arranging, she proceed to do so, when she got bored of us explaining the pictures she said, ok this is it.
"I'll proceed to make a couple of copies and I'll walk you out she said"

That was it, very quick and pleasant experience!!
Thank you all for your support and wisdom.

Package sent: 07/21/07 (I-130, I-485)
NOA Received: 09/06/07
Biometrics done: 09/23/07
IL for: 11/26/07
T.B.C. 09/2009

Wife is a citizen. Got married last year. We were together about 4 years before we got married (and a total 6 since we got married)

My first interview with my with the USCIS did not go well and we were told to come back for a 2nd interivew (stokes interview).

Yesterday was our interview, I got all the documentation and gave whatever the immigration officer asked and much more.

She seperated us and interviewed my wife first and then me later. Later we were called back together and told that all our answers matched except one. we had one discrepancy, my wife gave the officer the correct employer info (mine) and I gave the officer my old employer information, i thought that she was asking about my previous employer. that was the only screw up and she gave us a chance to explain and I explained that I got confused and thought she was asking about my previous employer and corrected myself to give the correct information and apologized for misunderstanding the question.

I am nervous as hell that she is going to hold me for that wrong answer [I have read somewhere that both husband and wife's answers have to match 100%].

One more thing, when asked about some information my wife gave her an eloborated information and the officer was nice enough to turn off the recording device and gave an advise to my wife to keep the answers simple and thats how people get into trouble [I thought that was a nice gesture by the officer]

The interview took place in the NYC.

My husband (USC) and I (H1B) got to Garden City at around 12:15, went through security. We were led to a open room with people waiting. Told to get to Window #1. The man asked for my appointment letter and wait in the back. Our wait here was about 20-30 minutes. All the AOS people were sitting around the same area, some with attorneys prepping them with questions IO may ask.

We were called along with a dozen other couples to upstairs where we waited in a smaller waiting room. Surprisingly, we were called out for an interview within 20 minutes or so.

Followed a male IO to his office and swore in. He proceeds to ask whether we both speak English and as soon as we said YES, he spoke much faster and asked for Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificate and its photocopies. Also, asked for all passports (past/present) for myself and my husband. He took the I-94 off my current passport.

Then, he proceeded to ask my husband where he was born and what he does for living. He asked me what I do for living too and then asked for letters from employers as well as the last pay stub.

Then he asked us how we met for a minute. We both answered it adding onto what the other has said. He didn't seem to mind.

Then, he asked for a picture of two of us together -- we just came back from a little gateaway to Philly so we gave a pic of that -- he stapled it onto the stack of documents.

And then proceeded to tell us that he has to "check out few things, but please wait downstairs. If nothing comes up (I am assuming the name check), you will get your passport with a stamp. And that is temporary, for you should receive a card in the mail in few weeks...."(and went onto describing the changing of conditional to permanent green card process).

We went downstairs, waited 20 minutes and I got my passport with stamp and a piece of paper that says I was granted conditional permanent residency as of December 2
7/24: FP $70 Sent 7/30: FP for I-765 (Appt:8/11) 9/11: RN for I-485 + Check cashed
9/17: FP for I-485+ RFI
9/18: RFI to MO
9/26: LUD: I485 resume
9/28: LUD: Card production for EAD + AP approved. 10/9: AP arrived
10/11: LUD: EAD approved.
10/12: EAD arrived
10/15: NOA (Interview: 12/3)
12/3: Interview - Approved with stamp in passport.

We got approved at the LA DO office this morning and wanted share our experience.

Our appt was scheduled for 9:35 am and we got in the waiting room at 9am. Submitted the appt letter to a lady and waited for our names to be called. I would say 8 out of 10 pple had their lawyers with them. I used my lawyer to file the paperwork but saw no point bringing him for the interview paying $650 extra. However, we consulted with the lawyer last week to prep for the interview.

Anyways, our name was called out finally at 10:10am. Officer Rios called our names and led us to his office room. He introduced himself first and swore us before we took our seat. First thing he asked us what is our relationship? Then he asked for IDs and docs showing both our names to establish our relationship. We only had joint bank a/c statement and car insurance contract stating both our names.

While I was taking them out from the folder, the IO started asking questions to my wife....name, age, address, when we got married, place of birth etc. The questions did not follow any patterns but most sounded like straight cut details from the forms filed. He ticked off and wrote small comments after each answers.

Then he turned to me. Double checked some details right from the forms. I provided him with the social security number which was not mentioned when we filed the forms. He took a note of that. He then moved to the legendary "no" questions.

He then started talking our home country and how we had good shrimps from there. He started numerous questions regarding our home country and was just talking off the records. While talking to us, he was filling out numerous internal forms. Through the edge of my eye, I saw him signing off on the welcome letter. He also attached the evidence we provided, my EAD card, and photocopies we provided to the file. He then took my social security card, my wife's DL and some docs and asked us to wait...he is gonna be back soon.

When he returned he said congrats, smiled, you have been approved and you will receive your card in 2-3weeks. I asked him should we celebrate.....he said....yeah just dont get too drunk. We thanked him and smiled.

Voluntarily, i asked him so there is no issue with my namecheck? He replied back what is that and having an expression that he doesnt have any clue what i am talking. He laughed and said sounds like you are not happy with the good news I gave you?

He said ok since its a concern for you, let me double check. He then spent around 7-10 mins on his computer completing different forms online. He then turned and said you are all set.

He said congrats....welcome to the US to me, shook our hands and said you can celebrate now. He gave us the welcome letter and another instruction page detailing about the 2-yr conditional GC. We thanked him back and left the office.

The officer was in his 50s-60s from Philipino, very polite and friendly. When we came out, we realize that we were inside for almost 40 mins. Most of that time he spent writing down.

So, in a nut shell it was lengthy but a pleasant experience.

Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, I-693, G-325A
06/29/07 USPS package to Chicago lockbox
07/05/07 RD
07/12/07 ND
07/16/07 NOAs for I-130, I-485 & I-765
07/17/07 LUD on I-130, I-485 & I-765
08/07/07 Biometrics done
09/13/07 EAD Card production ordered
09/19/07 Received EAD card in the mail!!!
09/24/07 Received IL scheduled for 11/9/07
11/09/07 GC Interview!! Approved
11/21/07 GC Received in the mail

Hey guys just wanted to share my experience with everyone. I arrived 45 minutes early, didn't get called in until 30 minutes after my scheduled time. Anyway the officer was very polite, which put my wife and myself at ease, we were not nervous, just extremely anxious and ready to get it over with. First thing that was asked for was our id's(dl's) and my wife's proof of citizenship, next we swore to tell the truth. After that we were asked together where do we live, how many people live with us, how long have we lived there. Next came the infamous No questions and of course I answered no to all. Asked me when was the first and last time I entered the U.S. The io then carefully looked at all my stamps in my passport. Verified my wife's job and current position, since my wife doesn't meet the income requirements, I was asked to submit recent paystubs, employment letter from my co-sponsor which I did. Oh every time we answered a question the io wrote some stuff on the forms we originally submitted. Then the io asked for proof that we share a life together,we gave the usual(joint bank accounts, credit cards, insurance policies, a settelment package from when we got in a accident a couple years ago(doest prove we live together, but shows a real relationship),letters from my in-laws, looked at all our pics in our albums, asked who is who in the pics. Our pics go way back to 03 so that was good. After that we got the good news that I was approved for the conditional gc, explained the removal of conditions and gave me a letter saying I was approved and I should get the card in 90 days...I was thrilled, and I felt free at last. I missed my grandmothers last years on this earth and her funeral for a life in this country, and I am just glad that my patience and sacrifice has finally been rewarded.Now I can go and at least pay my respect. To all others who are still fighting this fight good luck to you all...I had a lawyer but I didn't use their services for the interview, almost eveyone else had one.I say if the relationship and marriage is real you will be fine, just get as much documents together as possible, tell the truth and all will be good. This forum has been very useful and I want to thank the people resposible for this website and the members of this website for making my journey a little bit easier...Once again good luck to all!!!

We were married on July 2nd in Vegas and we had lawyer who filed all the papers by 20th of July. We got our notice for FP for late August. We also got a request for additional tax documents (W-2s) for my wife on 9/20. My EAD arrived 10/22 along with an interview notice for 11/16.

We arrived at the interview (Newark - Fed Bldg) about 30 mins early but quickly realized that the queue was already running an hour late. We were eventually delayed by 45 mins past our scheduled time when a lady called our name and let us into her cabin.

We were initially sworn to truth and then IO started with simple questions like our names, professions and family backgrounds. She checked our ID, documents etc and found them satisfactory. She then proceeded to ask me "national security" questions which were all a "no" for me. She enquired about how we met - we had met on eharmony and why we chose Vegas for marriage. We answered these with warmth and ease and she said that she trusted us and was going to approve my case. My passport was stamped and she also advised me and my wife to get the "conditionality" removed in 22-24 months.

I was advised that I would get a welcome mail and a green card in a few weeks time. We did not have a lawyer with us although quite a few were present for other cases.

Good luck to all !! Many thanks for keeping this forum so helpful and informative.

IC

Our interview was today and it really went very well. We were scheduled for 1:15pm but was called around 12:50 by a male IO. He ushered us into his office, showed where we can sit but was told to remain standing and took oath. We then sat down and he asked me first to present 3 IDs which were my drivers license, passport and natz cert. My wife was asked to do the same. We were then asked to present the original copies of my natz cert (which I already gave him), our marriage cert, my divorce decree, my wife's birth cert, and our daughters birth cert. He was also asking for the 2006 tax return when he realized he already got the copy we sent with I-485. He asked me where I live, date of birth, my profession and asked my wife the same thing. He then asked my wife the same questions on the form about being arrested, being member of the communist party, etc to which she said no to all. I was so nervous when the IO began asking her these questions because my wife has a knack for being funny at the wrong moments sometimes but she did well on this

The IO proceeded to ask her how we met and my wife responded that we were introduced by her sister whose husband happens to be a best buddy of mine. He asked us separately where and when we were married. After we replied, it was a civil ceremony in Cherry Hill NJ, he then looked at me and asked if any of my relatives where around to which I said no. My wife did say that her sister and brother in law were present. He asked for the wedding pictures which we showed him from an album that also contained other pics of our travel and most recently our daughters christening. We showed him pics of our house too and told him that we had it re-modelled prior to moving in. He asked how long it took and responded about 1.5 months.

He then took her passport and stamped it with I-551 while explaining what it is for, how long it will be valid and to expect the GC in about 2 weeks. He also said that because we were presented to him less than 2 years into our marriage, her GC is conditional and should apply for the removal of conditions between 4/25/09 - 7/24/09. He shook our hands and exclaimed that this was an easy case to handle. He was quite nice and friendly. Overall, the experience was easy and non-confrontational.

So there you go guys, my wife and I prepared much more than the actual proceedings that took place today. We had sworn affidavits from friends and docs up the my nose to prove authenticity of our marriage but he didn't ask for it so I didn't volunteer. But no regrets on our side as I always believed to prepare for the worst kind of interrogation possible.

I would like to thank this forum and everyone for all the insights and information, accurate ones if I may add, that started with my NATZ journey in 6/06 and became a citizen on 3/07. Immediately following that, we applied for my wife's AOS and our timeline is below.

I will be coming back here for a couple of weeks more to answer any questions you may have. To all of of you guys, I wish u luck and success in your journey as well....

Here’s My Interview Experience.

We arrived at the Atlanta - DO @ 1:00pm, We went thru security and went to the 3rd floor. We gave the interview letter to the window and sat down to wait. Our appointment is @ 1:30pm but our names was called @ 2:00pm. The IO swore us in then told us to sit down and take out my passport and my wife’s driver’s license.

Questions the IO asked my wife (USC):

So you are the petitioner?
What is your name?
What is your birthday?
Is this your signature?
Is this the right social security number?

Questions the IO asked me:

She asked me all the questions on the I-485 form upto all the no question.
That is:

What is your name?
When were you born?
Name of your mother?
Name of your father?
Are you working right now?

Up to….

Did you ……?
Is this your signature?
Is this your phone number?

Questions the IO asked us together:

How did you guys meet?
How long did you know each other before you got married?
You got married where?
When?
What kind of wedding?
Did any of my family attended the wedding?
Did any of my wife’s family attended the wedding?

Documents the IO asked us:

Original birth certificates
Original marriage certificate
And any documents that would prove our life together
We showed joint bank account statement, credit cards and debit cards in both our names, car insurance, renter’s insurance and proof that I was my wife’s 100% beneficiary on my wife’s retirement benefits.
She also look at all the photos brought to the interview. (46 pictures all together)

The IO photocopied our ID’s and my passport and said to my wife that the I-130 is approved and told me that the I-485 is also approved. She told me that it means I am eligible to get the conditional green card and told me about the form I-751. IO also told me to expect the card between 2 to 3 weeks and gave me back my passport and my EAD.

All in all it was a very pleasant experience. Now I just need to wait for the card in the mail.

Sorry if this post is to long. Goodluck to anyone else in line for their interview.

DO: Atlanta, GA
Year 2007
3/29: I130, I485, I765 RD (day 1)
6/25: EAD Rec'd (day 89)
7/30: Interview Date (approved) (day 124)
8/24: Greencard Rec'd (day149)

Hey all, I haven't been on here in awhile, but I had my interview yesterday in Manhattan NY so here's my experience:

Arrived shorty before our 9:45 appointment, waiting in the waiting room until 11:00am until the officer called our name. He was a west indian fellow in his mid 30s, fairly nice it seemed. He swore us in when we got to his office. We were asked for our marriage certificate, his birth certificate and divorce decree, and my birth certificate and passport. He asked me where my husband works, where he was born, some questions about his son and ex wife, and asked me to verify our number and address. He asked my husband about his ex wife and son, and whether my father is still alive, where I was born, and whether my family still lives there. He asked for pictures so we gave him about 15, he chose about 5 and stapled them into the folder. And then he gave us the paper about the 90 days before the 2 years thing and said we were approved. And that I should get my GC in 2 weeks or so. He stamped my passport and I asked what I do with my EAD and AP and he said just to throw them away. And that was that, the whole process took about 10 minutes He asked alot less questions and barely asked for proof at all besides the pictures. Which from what I understand on here is odd! Good luck to everyone!

I received lot of PM asking my experience and questions being asked. So I just wrote the whole experience so it would be helpful to everyone.

Here is my interview experience.

Then she started asking me questions from 485 form.

1. What is my name
2. What is my father’s name
3. Date of birth
4. Marital status
5. Husband’s name
6. Husband’s father’s name
7. Which visa you came on?
8. So did you change your status?
9. Which status you are now on?
10. What do you do for living?
11. Which company do you work for? (me and my husband)
12. When did you come to USA?
13. Show me proof of your legal status (so we showed 797 approvals)
14. Do you have any expired passport? I said No. I don’t know why but she still asked me 2 more times.

She then turned to my husband and asked
1. Are you supporting anyone else?
2. Where do you work? (we gave her employment letter and she took
Please feel free to ask me any question.

My interview experience.

Interview at 9:10 but we're called at 9:30...the officer was an older Asian man....first Id's so gave him my EAD card my husband his DL....we sat down and surprisingly he asked my husband when and how me met...proof of his citizenship...how much money he made last year...is he with the same employer as stated in one of the forms (he had my file in front of him and he was turning pages back and forth)...then he wanted his pay stubs...marriage cert.
It looked like I wasn't in that room with them....I was just giving him the documents.... he asked about last year taxes....after all that talking he asked me my date of birth (he had a really strong accent and could not understand neither my husband so he had to repeat that question 2 or 3 times)...when I came first time to US then when second time..birth cert....then he said so "What else do you have for me?" so I gave him our bank statement,utility bills and health insurance....so he said what else - I said I have my I130 approv. notice and he"...oooo you do?ok"...what else so I gave him I 94 ....then from my file he showed some forms and asked is that my signature and my husband too...my current address,telephone nr & cell....then my passport and asked if I have copies of our Id's and my passport I said no.
The whole time (approx. 20 minutes) constantly he was turning pages in my files up and down like he was looking for something... like he was hyper
....a then he said "approved you should get your green card in 1 month let's go and make copies"...we looked at him and he goes "let's go let's go take your bag we are not coming back to the office.."
THE END
:

He didn't take my I94 or EAD card just made copies.

Our interview was today and it really went very well. We were scheduled for 1:15pm but was called around 12:50 by a male IO. He ushered us into his office, showed where we can sit but was told to remain standing and took oath. We then sat down and he asked me first to present 3 IDs which were my drivers license, passport and natz cert. My wife was asked to do the same. We were then asked to present the original copies of my natz cert (which I already gave him), our marriage cert, my divorce decree, my wife's birth cert, and our daughters birth cert. He was also asking for the 2006 tax return when he realized he already got the copy we sent with I-485. He asked me where I live, date of birth, my profession and asked my wife the same thing. He then asked my wife the same questions on the form about being arrested, being member of the communist party, etc to which she said no to all. I was so nervous when the IO began asking her these questions because my wife has a knack for being funny at the wrong moments sometimes but she did well on this

The IO proceeded to ask her how we met and my wife responded that we were introduced by her sister whose husband happens to be a best buddy of mine. He asked us separately where and when we were married. After we replied, it was a civil ceremony in Cherry Hill NJ, he then looked at me and asked if any of my relatives where around to which I said no. My wife did say that her sister and brother in law were present. He asked for the wedding pictures which we showed him from an album that also contained other pics of our travel and most recently our daughters christening. We showed him pics of our house too and told him that we had it re-modelled prior to moving in. He asked how long it took and responded about 1.5 months.

He then took her passport and stamped it with I-551 while explaining what it is for, how long it will be valid and to expect the GC in about 2 weeks. He also said that because we were presented to him less than 2 years into our marriage, her GC is conditional and should apply for the removal of conditions between 4/25/09 - 7/24/09. He shook our hands and exclaimed that this was an easy case to handle. He was quite nice and friendly. Overall, the experience was easy and non-confrontational.

So there you go guys, my wife and I prepared much more than the actual proceedings that took place today. We had sworn affidavits from friends and docs up the my nose to prove authenticity of our marriage but he didn't ask for it so I didn't volunteer. But no regrets on our side as I always believed to prepare for the worst kind of interrogation possible.

I would like to thank this forum and everyone for all the insights and information, accurate ones if I may add, that started with my NATZ journey in 6/06 and became a citizen on 3/07. Immediately following that, we applied for my wife's AOS and our timeline is below.

I will be coming back here for a couple of weeks more to answer any questions you may have. To all of of you guys, I wish u luck and success in your journey as well....

Well guys just got home and as you see I've been approved. Got their, waited for my attorney got called in about 15 to 20 mins. later. Once I saw my IO lady I knew we would be a match in heaven. I told her my attorney has not made it here yet, she ask if you would like to go on without him and I said yes. Took us in, small talk a sec, then ask if she could swear us in, did that and on to the case. Now my husband is a very quite man and I told him to answer yes or no, but he didn't. The interview more went like a conversation of her getting to know us as a couple. She asked what we had to show we were cohabitation and I gave her what I had and few pictures of us and the kids, she told me my kids are great looking and that my son was very handsome. Ask me what year I came and nothing of my overstay, but did ask you it took so long to file after we got married. I told her a was afraid I would be deported and get the 10 year ban. She said it was good I finally filed because going through deportation proceeding is very stressful on the family. The thing she wanted to know most about was our children, mine and my husband and what the relationship was with my kids father. She then told us I was approved and I can file for citizenship in three years I smiled, she smiled and I kissed my hubby and side honey I'm approved and he said I know, I just heard. She took pictures to make copies of and then said congratulation. I thank her and said thank you for a the pleasant interview then she walked us out and that was it. BTW the attorney never showed up as a matter of fact my hubby just told me he left a message to call him.

I did not ask about name check, stamp or anything she told me my card should arrive in two weeks, then go to SS and have them update my info. Thank you guys again for all the support. I'll still be here to update the sheet and cause drama with some of the peas. LOL;)

Big Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thank you all for your help and good wishes during this process.

We had our interview today and got approved.

Had our interview at 9:30 am and we reached there at 9:00 am. There were just 3 other couples in the room and one couple had come with their lawyer.

We were called promptly at 9:30 am by a Spanish lady IO (was really nice and it made us feel easy). When we entered the room, we were sworn in. There were 4 chairs in the room and she asked my wife to sit on the chair to the left and me on the right. There was a camcoder on a tripod on her side and I think that this is pretty standard (not sure if our interview was being recorded).

While I was talking out the paperwork from my backpack, she started talking to my wife and asked her when did we first meet and where? Then she asked us for our ID's and wrote down our details with a red pen.

She asked my wife how long were we married? and then asked me if it was an arranged marriage. She than asked us for proof that we were married and asked us to provide a certified copy of our marriage certificate.

She then wanted to see all the other documents that we had brought to prove our marriage. I had collected a lot of documents and spend time arranging them nicely and she complemented us on how organized we were and said that their lives would be so much easier if everyone was as prepared. I think this is something that everyone should do.

Surprisingly, she wanted to go through all the documents we had
1. Car title
2. Car insurance
3. Bank statements
4. Credit card statements
5. Utility bill.
6. Medical insurance with my wife as a dependent
7. Tax papers that we had filed together
8. Itenary from a couple of our trips.
9. Greeting cards
10. Photographs (she took a couple for her records)

I am glad I was well prepared. She was finally satisfied and then she moved on to asking me where I work, what I do etc. and asked me a letter of employment and pay stubs. She then asked me for my naturalization certificate.

At that time, I say her put a stamp stating APPROVED in green and I thought that we were done, but she continued asking questions to my wife. Later I realized that she was approving my I-130 then.

She then continued to ask us what we liked about each other, what we do on weekends?

She then asked my wife details about my father and mother i.e. their name and where do they stay etc.. There were some questions on what was my wife's major and what schools had she applied to?

Finally she moved on to the famous YES/NO questions and asked us if we had received our EAD and AP. She removed the I94 from my wife's passport and told us that she was approving our case and again put a green stamp on a piece of paper.

She checked that our FP and name check was cleared and told us that this was a conditional green card and we would have to file a form within 2 years to get a permanent card and we were on our way.

Overall, it took us about 1/2 hour but it did not seem so long.

I did not ask her about stamping our passport and she told us that we should receive our card in 2 weeks or so.

Once again, thank you all for your support and our good wishes to all who are waiting for their turn.

Congrats justindian_03. Finally long journey over before the end of the year :cool: Now you can also plan a nice vacation in holidays :)

Also thanks for the long post of interview experiences. It certainly helps to be aware of surprises before hand.

Well guys just got home and as you see I've been approved. Got their, waited for my attorney got called in about 15 to 20 mins. later. Once I saw my IO lady I knew we would be a match in heaven. I told her my attorney has not made it here yet, she ask if you would like to go on without him and I said yes. Took us in, small talk a sec, then ask if she could swear us in, did that and on to the case. Now my husband is a very quite man and I told him to answer yes or no, but he didn't. The interview more went like a conversation of her getting to know us as a couple. She asked what we had to show we were cohabitation and I gave her what I had and few pictures of us and the kids, she told me my kids are great looking and that my son was very handsome. Ask me what year I came and nothing of my overstay, but did ask you it took so long to file after we got married. I told her a was afraid I would be deported and get the 10 year ban. She said it was good I finally filed because going through deportation proceeding is very stressful on the family. The thing she wanted to know most about was our children, mine and my husband and what the relationship was with my kids father. She then told us I was approved and I can file for citizenship in three years I smiled, she smiled and I kissed my hubby and side honey I'm approved and he said I know, I just heard. She took pictures to make copies of and then said congratulation. I thank her and said thank you for a the pleasant interview then she walked us out and that was it. BTW the attorney never showed up as a matter of fact my hubby just told me he left a message to call him.

I did not ask about name check, stamp or anything she told me my card should arrive in two weeks, then go to SS and have them update my info. Thank you guys again for all the support. I'll still be here to update the sheet and cause drama with some of the peas. LOL;)

congrats trini:cool:

Please help.

One week later after recieving the IL letter I have got another letter saying:
"This is to advise you that, due to unforseen circumstances, we have canceled the previously scheduled interview on .... for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. You will be notified of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview information, under separate notice."
Does anybody know what it can mean? Why would they canceled my interview? I am so frastruated! I was so happy when I got my IL letter and now....:(

hey guys,
I just got my welcome letter today (real mail not email). Can you make an infopass to get a I551 stamp with this letter if I need to travel soon.??

Thanks in advance for advises

I know I'm a couple of days late, but I want to congratulate Trini and Justidian for getting approved :p ... I didn't forget about you Trini, I've been so busy lately, but I was praying for you that day, you've been so supporting to everyone in this thread and It's been a blessing to share this immigration journey with you.

Approved

Hi Guys, I jusr checked my mother's case status online and it says "Welcome letter mailed to the new resident......." .

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and ideas.

hi guys and gals,
Just bored at work and started looking at all those forms mailed from Lee's Summit, MO.
They are not actually all from Lee's Summit, MO.
NOAs are from Chicago
EAD card is from Corbin, KY
Welcoming letter is the only one from Lee's Summit
Just something interesting how our gov't handles our cases all across the nation.

Hi Guys, I jusr checked my mother's case status online and it says "Welcome letter mailed to the new resident......." .

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and ideas.

CitizenDude,

Can I ask when your mother's I-130 got approved? Betweed the date your case transferred to CSC and the approved date, how many LUD's have you noticed? My parents' case have a few LUD's, and on Dec 14 my mother's I-130 got approved, but her I-485 is still pending.

My interview experience

I filed July 24, 2007 for my husband.
He went for fingerprints September 9, 2007.
He has yet to receive his EAD card. We were told to contact the INS tomorrow.
Received interview appointment letter for today December 17, 2007.

Today we went for our interview. Our appointment was for 2:30 p.m. I was a nervous wreck all weekend long making sure we were taking enough information with us to our interview.

We arrived at 1:45 p.m. Was called at 2:46 p.m. We had a nice female IO. She started off cracking jokes. Then it was straight to business. She swore us in, asked for my hubby's passport, our birth certificates, identification, then preceded to ask me questions from the application submitted. She asked me my name, address, where I worked (the last 3 jobs), mother & father names, and if I had any siblings.

Then she asked my husband the same questions. Then she preceded with asking him the yes/no questions that was on our initial application. Once this was done she said "so where did you all meet"? I said I can take this question. I told her our story and while telling it she cracked jokes, in a fun way, and we all were laughing. Then she looked at my hand and said, so is that your ring? I preceded to tell her it was the silver version of my ring as we have two sets with the other one being gold.

She then asked my hubby how did he propose? He told her the story and she was making jokes again. Then she said so what do you have with you to prove this is a real marriage other than yourselves? So I provided her with our lease agreement, utility bills, insurance bills (both car & medical), dental and vision insurance, and 100 pictures. While looking through this, she asked me did I have a letter from my employer and I provided her with that. She put all these documents, excluding the utility bills, in a binder with our other documents. She then started to look through the photos, periodically asking my hubby who was this and that person (these people were my sisters, nephews, brother-in-law, and some friends). We laughed because she was cracking some jokes about the kids in the photos.

Once this was done she said as of now you are approved, but your name is still in name check. She said once this was approved, we would get the Green Card in the mail. She did mention that this could take up between 1 month to 3 years...she asked if my hubby had his EAD card as they are backed up. We told her no and she said to call first thing in the morning. She said if we moved before anything changes, to be sure to update our address.

She shook our hands and said best of luck.

Points to note:
-she never asked about income tax forms.
-she never asked for bank statements.
-she never asked for any document, she allowed us to provide it.
-she looked through every photo.
-she was very observant on how we were answering the questions.
-she was friendly, but she meant business.
-the whole interview took about 22-25 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed July 24, 2007 for my husband.
He went for fingerprints September 9, 2007.
He has yet to receive his EAD card. We were told to contact the INS tomorrow.
Received interview appointment letter for today December 17, 2007.

Today we went for our interview. Our appointment was for 2:30 p.m. I was a nervous wreck all weekend long making sure we were taking enough information with us to our interview.

We arrived at 1:45 p.m. Was called at 2:46 p.m. We had a nice female IO. She started off cracking jokes. Then it was straight to business. She swore us in, asked for my hubby's passport, our birth certificates, identification, then preceded to ask me questions from the application submitted. She asked me my name, address, where I worked (the last 3 jobs), mother & father names, and if I had any siblings.

Then she asked my husband the same questions. Then she preceded with asking him the yes/no questions that was on our initial application. Once this was done she said "so where did you all meet"? I said I can take this question. I told her our story and while telling it she cracked jokes, in a fun way, and we all were laughing. Then she looked at my hand and said, so is that your ring? I preceded to tell her it was the silver version of my ring as we have two sets with the other one being gold.

She then asked my hubby how did he propose? He told her the story and she was making jokes again. Then she said so what do you have with you to prove this is a real marriage other than yourselves? So I provided her with our lease agreement, utility bills, insurance bills (both car & medical), dental and vision insurance, and 100 pictures. While looking through this, she asked me did I have a letter from my employer and I provided her with that. She put all these documents, excluding the utility bills, in a binder with our other documents. She then started to look through the photos, periodically asking my hubby who was this and that person (these people were my sisters, nephews, brother-in-law, and some friends). We laughed because she was cracking some jokes about the kids in the photos.

Once this was done she said as of now you are approved, but your name is still in name check. She said once this was approved, we would get the Green Card in the mail. She did mention that this could take up between 1 month to 3 years...she asked if my hubby had his EAD card as they are backed up. We told her no and she said to call first thing in the morning. She said if we moved before anything changes, to be sure to update our address.

She shook our hands and said best of luck.

Points to note:
-she never asked about income tax forms.
-she never asked for bank statements.
-she never asked for any document, she allowed us to provide it.
-she looked through every photo.
-she was very observant on how we were answering the questions.
-she was friendly, but she meant business.
-the whole interview took about 22-25 minutes.

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TJOY...NOW GO OUT AND CELEBRATE!!