July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Well guys just got home and as you see I've been approved. Got their, waited for my attorney got called in about 15 to 20 mins. later. Once I saw my IO lady I knew we would be a match in heaven. I told her my attorney has not made it here yet, she ask if you would like to go on without him and I said yes. Took us in, small talk a sec, then ask if she could swear us in, did that and on to the case. Now my husband is a very quite man and I told him to answer yes or no, but he didn't. The interview more went like a conversation of her getting to know us as a couple. She asked what we had to show we were cohabitation and I gave her what I had and few pictures of us and the kids, she told me my kids are great looking and that my son was very handsome. Ask me what year I came and nothing of my overstay, but did ask you it took so long to file after we got married. I told her a was afraid I would be deported and get the 10 year ban. She said it was good I finally filed because going through deportation proceeding is very stressful on the family. The thing she wanted to know most about was our children, mine and my husband and what the relationship was with my kids father. She then told us I was approved and I can file for citizenship in three years I smiled, she smiled and I kissed my hubby and side honey I'm approved and he said I know, I just heard. She took pictures to make copies of and then said congratulation. I thank her and said thank you for a the pleasant interview then she walked us out and that was it. BTW the attorney never showed up as a matter of fact my hubby just told me he left a message to call him.

I did not ask about name check, stamp or anything she told me my card should arrive in two weeks, then go to SS and have them update my info. Thank you guys again for all the support. I'll still be here to update the sheet and cause drama with some of the peas. LOL;)

Let me be the first one to congratulate ... Heartiest Congrats .... :D

Good to know that u r still going to stick around ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

I did not ask about name check, stamp or anything she told me my card should arrive in two weeks, then go to SS and have them update my info. Thank you guys again for all the support. I'll still be here to update the sheet and cause drama with some of the peas. LOL;)

Your name check has probably cleared. :) I knew you would be fine. Congratulations

Well guys just got home and as you see I've been approved. Got their, waited for my attorney got called in about 15 to 20 mins. later. Once I saw my IO lady I knew we would be a match in heaven. I told her my attorney has not made it here yet, she ask if you would like to go on without him and I said yes. Took us in, small talk a sec, then ask if she could swear us in, did that and on to the case. Now my husband is a very quite man and I told him to answer yes or no, but he didn't. The interview more went like a conversation of her getting to know us as a couple. She asked what we had to show we were cohabitation and I gave her what I had and few pictures of us and the kids, she told me my kids are great looking and that my son was very handsome. Ask me what year I came and nothing of my overstay, but did ask you it took so long to file after we got married. I told her a was afraid I would be deported and get the 10 year ban. She said it was good I finally filed because going through deportation proceeding is very stressful on the family. The thing she wanted to know most about was our children, mine and my husband and what the relationship was with my kids father. She then told us I was approved and I can file for citizenship in three years I smiled, she smiled and I kissed my hubby and side honey I'm approved and he said I know, I just heard. She took pictures to make copies of and then said congratulation. I thank her and said thank you for a the pleasant interview then she walked us out and that was it. BTW the attorney never showed up as a matter of fact my hubby just told me he left a message to call him.

Congratulations Trinigirl.

I am really happy for you and glad that everything went well.

Its my wife's interview tomorrow and hopefully everything goes well.

Good luck justindian_03. I am sure you will make through it. Do let us know how it goes and if they stamp your passport.

I think as long as your marriage is genuine and your name check is clear, your interview should be cool....

Your interview will go great, when you walk in smile and show confidence.

Again thank you for all the congrats

:)They sent me approval notices yesterday. My interview was on the 4th, so hopeful i get the cards before end of next week.

BIG CONGRATULATIONS MRS TRINI!!!!

Very happy for you. This thread was/is great, it really helped especially when checks weren't cashed for a month:).

Your case goes to show two things:
- some "lawyers" suck and mess around with people's lives (hope you didn't pay him and he didn't show up)
- interviews depend on who interviews you. If someone nice it can go very very smooth...

Anyway Congrats and good luck!!

Justindian, Good luck to you...

Congratulations Trinigirl!! I hope you did not give that attorney any money upfront and even if you did, you must ask for a full refund no matter what his reasons are for not showing up. I remember how much you were fretting about how your interview would go but now it's all in the past. Enjoy your new status and use that money you would have given to the attorney to give you and your family a good Xmas treat in celebration of your new status. Enjoy!!

Thanks a lot buddy ... I will surely carry our itinerary with us -- as we are finalizing the tickets this week. Stamp in passport certainly will help.

Do they cancel/take away EAD and APs at the Interview time?

I don't think they cancel your AP unless you get approved and have your passport stamped. I think the EAD will become voided as it will no longer be needed for work whether or not they take it away from you after the approval. I had mine with me at the interview but the IO never requested for it so I still got it even though I will never use it. I kinda like to have it in my drawer as I paid for it.

Congratulations my fellow TRINI!!!...Enjoy your new life and new found freedom to the fullest.Best of wishes to you in the future.

All the best Trini....I am very happy for You...:):):)it seems like Your Christams is going to be an awesome time with no stress...:)told You it's gonna be ok without the lawyer...!!;)

congratulations!!!!!!!!!:)

Well well If you weren't approved I would be sad. Thank God u got approve. A big congratulations to you, and now, go ahead make merry and be VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF. YOU ARE A WINNER.

A little behind but I finally got my Interview letter yesterday! (No online update or email notification again)

Interview date is scheduled for Feb 21.