July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Thank you, but we still are in name check...once it is all cleared I will dance, dance, and dance some more :)

CitizenDude,

Can I ask when your mother's I-130 got approved? Betweed the date your case transferred to CSC and the approved date, how many LUD's have you noticed? My parents' case have a few LUD's, and on Dec 14 my mother's I-130 got approved, but her I-485 is still pending.

Sharon754, there were a total of 5 LUD's after my mom's case got transferred to CSC. The first three LUD's were for both I130 and I485. On the 4th LUD (December 14th), I485 said approved but I130 still had pending status. On the 5th LUD (December 15 th) , I130 changed to approved status. There was a gap of one day between the approval of I485 and I130. Interestingly, I485 got approved before I130 or may be both got approved at the same time but the update on I485 was faster than I130.

I don't rely on checking "Status on line" ....

Hi...

We had the interview on Dec 6th and we were approved. The IO even told us that everything was in order including Name/Background checks and we should expect to receive our cards in 2 weeks time. She also mentioned that in case we plan a trip before getting the cards, we can get our passports stamped with a temporary I-551. Today is 20th Dec. We have not heard anything from USCIS. When we check our status on line

I-485 shows the same old 24thAug LUD (The very first LUD we received)that applications received and still pending.:confused:

I-130 returns an error message that they do not exist !:confused::confused:

We had an Infopass today. The Receptionist took our papers to the same IO, came back after 30 mins and stamped our passports right at the reception desk with a one year temporary I-551 and wrote down our Alien Numbers at the bottom of the stamp.

Now we are ready to go on vacation !;)

Mine seem to be different here. I never received any I130 approval letter or email. As a matter of fact, the I130 status online still says case received and pending. I received my I485 approval letter and welcome letter before I received my GC. I see here that people do get both the I130 and I485 approval letters. I wonder why I didn't get an approval letter for my I130. Does anyone know if this a common occurrence?

On approval in Interview

Does the Immigration officer after interview and approval give some document saying that the application has been approved or you just come back with a verbal approval?

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that we received my wife's green card on the 21st of Dec. Thank you all for the advice and support.

Wishing everyone waiting for their green card good luck and best wishes.

Finally our journey with INS is over till the time we apply to remove the conditional status.

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that we received my wife's green card on the 21st of Dec. Thank you all for the advice and support.

Wishing everyone waiting for their green card good luck and best wishes.

Finally our journey with INS is over till the time we apply to remove the conditional status.

Congrats justindian_03. I know its a big relief ....

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say that this forum was very helpful to me and my husband through our application experience. I do not have the exact dates as most of you all do, but I'd like to share our interview experience with you all.

My husband is Canadian & I am a US Citizen. Our interview was in Memphis, TN on 12/18/2007.

We arrived at 9:20 a.m. for our 10:00 a.m. appointment.

At 11:20 a.m. - they called us in. Our interviewer was an African American lady, and she started by saying "I am behind, so I'd like to hurry through this as fast as possible".

We entered and took the oath and then sat down. She asked if we had any copies of supporting documents of our relationship. We said yes, and she said she wanted all of them. We gave her copies of:

bank statement, lease, car insurance statement, and flight receipts from some trips we'd taken in the past.

She very hastily flipped through them, punched holes in them and put them in our file.

We offered many pictures to her, but she said she didn't need to see them.

Next, she asked my husband for his name, address, phone number, and type of visa he first entered the United States with. She then asked him what his wife's (me!) first name was. After that, she went through the list of 'terrorist' and 'drug' questions - in which he answered no to all!

Finally - she looked to me and asked if I was born in the United States. I said 'yes', and that was the end of the questions. She only asked me one question!!!

She typed all of our information in and printed us a letter stating that my husband had been approved. Since then, we've received the official I-485 & I-130 approval documents and are now waiting on the GC to arrive.

We're so happy!!!

Good luck to you all!!! This is a really great forum!

I wanted to let you all know I received my GC today in the mail. Again thank you for all the support. BTW I'll still be around, I will still have my eyes on you peas. LOL.

We'll keep our eyes on you :)

Congratulations trini! :cool:

LOL what's that suppose to mean. BTW thanks all, having a GC,I feel no different than before. I'm finally going to fire my (free) driver, I have an appointment to take my drivers test on the 29 of Jan. I'm pretty sure he's happy he does not have to drive me around anymore after 7 years. I drove around town today, my kids looked like they were about to die when I looked in the mirror and my driver had one eye on the road and the other in his newspaper, so If you see me coming move out my way. I have road rage like no other, I think I silently dropped the F bomb about a 100 times today and a few where my kids were left saying mom watch your mouth. Also I had to take my written test twice. Hell why do they ask questions that have nothing to do with the rules of the road. So read the whole book. I missed 3 the second time.