July 2011 Filers

Well folks, checked the uscis website with receipt number, it said my application moved to initial review, so I guess it was not rejected,
zuzu83
Did you email the lockbox?
mantikos,
You just disappered........

Hello fellow July filers!

Tomorrow or Friday, I will be heading back to my state of residence and I am hoping there's something for me in the mail to update my status here. I will miss my husband as he has to leave for training for a couple of months. :/

Hey Mraman010311 ... good to hear that your case is moving forward.

I called them last thursday and they said they need 30 days to tell me anything. I emailed the lockbox on last friday and till today there is no answer from them. So I am trying to be as patient as possible till 30th day and wait which is august 18th. Meanwhile I am just gonna make a second packet ready in case they reject mine.

Well folks, checked the uscis website with receipt number, it said my application moved to initial review, so I guess it was not rejected,
zuzu83
mantikos,

Welcome to the initial review club! You're rolling.
zuzu83
mantikos,

Biometrics is done for us. Appt was for 11am and we got there at 10am and they didnt have much of a line and we were out of there in less than ten minutes. Now waiting for the next step.

Thank you ZUZU83, Rock8man and Anagna73.
ZUZU83
There are several scenarios:
1. For Mantikos, they did not reply and took him a long time and and a lots of try to realize his I 130 was missing /lost.
2. There is something wrong with your application :
a. your bar code at the bottom is not readable
b, wrong fee
c, some areas within the application was not machine readable...etc
regardless, your application was not considered for rejection right away, which is a good news, more likely it was sent for review, in that case it will take some time for them to process your application and YOU WILL NOT LOSE THE time you have applied. They took so long to process my application but it shows my date as July 8,2011. The day they actually receive the package.
Hang tight there, it will be processed .
(whispers) today I got lucky with a lady, who was concerned, it has been more then 10 days that I have not received a receipt number and she herself connected me to TIER 2 agent. I also got lucky that my application was just processed when I spoke to the tier 2 agent. He was courteous but a bit annoyed, that I did not give them 30 days. He calmed down after I told him all I wanted to do is verify if my application was rejected(in that case I would have lose the time)
Good luck

Biometrics is done for us. Appt was for 11am and we got there at 10am and they didnt have much of a line and we were out of there in less than ten minutes. Now waiting for the next step.

rok8man, just making sure - the fingerprinting appointment is only for the person that the notice was addressed to, correct? I am still unclear as to whether I need to bring my husband along.

Time to update signature I got fingerprint appointment for 8/29 hopefully it means my case is going very good ! good luck to all of you

Walk in biographics successful on the second try. Great to have the ASC five minutes from my office. This lady did not ask me why I was coming three weeks ahead of schedule unlike the one who refused me two days ago! Time to update my signature.:)

Rok8man I am coming after you hard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Walk in biographics successful on the second try. Great to have the ASC five minutes from my office. This lady did not ask me why I was coming three weeks ahead of schedule unlike the one who refused me two days ago! Time to update my signature.:)
/
oh good to hear it was successful did she ask u for proof of why u went early ? I got mine today for 8/29 its 2 hours from where I live i wanna do an early walk-in but dont wanna waste my day and not get anything accomplished you think i can give them a call and see if they are taking early walk-ins ?

rok8man, just making sure - the fingerprinting appointment is only for the person that the notice was addressed to, correct? I am still unclear as to whether I need to bring my husband along.

The only person that needs to show up for the fingerprinting appointment is the GC applicant, the one the notice to appear for fingerprinting was addressed to.

When my wife was schedule and went to her fingerprinting appointment, I was out of town. She got there an hour early and there was no one in line so she was in and out in 10 minutes.

Hello everyone!

I just got back to my homestate and saw my NOAs for i-485 and i-765 in the mail! I also received my biometrics appointment which will be next friday, the 12th! :)

The only person that needs to show up for the fingerprinting appointment is the GC applicant, the one the notice to appear for fingerprinting was addressed to.

When my wife was schedule and went to her fingerprinting appointment, I was out of town. She got there an hour early and there was no one in line so she was in and out in 10 minutes.

Thanks! :)

Even if you take your spouse he will just have to sit out in the office like I did. I wasnt allowed to go in with her for the biometrics process.

Even if you take your spouse he will just have to sit out in the office like I did. I wasnt allowed to go in with her for the biometrics process.

Gotcha... thanks! Will he have to be fingerprinted at a later point though? I remember filling out a g-325a for him too. Or did I do that in error?!

Gotcha... thanks! Will he have to be fingerprinted at a later point though? I remember filling out a g-325a for him too. Or did I do that in error?!

Never mind... for some reason, I thought the Biographic Information forms and Biometrics appointments were related!

/
oh good to hear it was successful did she ask u for proof of why u went early ? I got mine today for 8/29 its 2 hours from where I live i wanna do an early walk-in but dont wanna waste my day and not get anything accomplished you think i can give them a call and see if they are taking early walk-ins ?

She did not ask me a thing! I think with the walk in it is your luck of the draw. Two days ago the lady turned me away saying she required proof. Today it was another lady, she just processed me without asking if I had an appointment.

Hello everyone!

Still waiting on that RFE letter for my I-485. It's that waiting game again!

I wonder what the RFE is for. :/