July 2011 Filers

Heya!

I sent in my response to RFE this morning. I'm sure that since I'm sending it in Missouri, that it's not at risk of being signed for by Chyba.

Unless he/she has a brother/sister of some sort there with the same name.

@mraman010311:Yep, there's a NOA for I-130. :)

Just an update
The extra check for $380.00 was returned to me, with a rejection notice.
received biometrics for the one with correct fees

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this. Today is the scheduled delivery date of my Response to RFE package. I added a signature confirmation service on the package and they attempted to deliver it this morning at 9am, but they were unable to because "no authorized recipient" was available.

I know that it was a PO Box in Missouri and of course there's no one there to immediately receive it. However, I also believe that when they do retrieve mail from their mailbox (which is supposed to be in the post office, right?), they'll see that pink/peach slip that USPS gives when they weren't able to deliver mail/package. It's 4:19pm now and the status has not been updated. Does that mean they have not checked their PO Box yet? Was it wrong to put a signature confirmation service on there?

Another cause of delay. What fun.

I think you complicated your delivery. Ultimately they will get it though it will take longer than if you had not required a signature. See below

http://www.certified-mail-envelopes.com/can-you-send-usps-certified-mail-to-a-po-box/

http://www.auctioncope.com/quicktip/can-usps-signature-confirmation-be-used-to-ship-to-p.o.-box/

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this. Today is the scheduled delivery date of my Response to RFE package. I added a signature confirmation service on the package and they attempted to deliver it this morning at 9am, but they were unable to because "no authorized recipient" was available.

I know that it was a PO Box in Missouri and of course there's no one there to immediately receive it. However, I also believe that when they do retrieve mail from their mailbox (which is supposed to be in the post office, right?), they'll see that pink/peach slip that USPS gives when they weren't able to deliver mail/package. It's 4:19pm now and the status has not been updated. Does that mean they have not checked their PO Box yet? Was it wrong to put a signature confirmation service on there?

Hello everyone!

I am a June filer, but I hope you don't mind I'll answer your question. On June 27 I sent my response to RFE to Missouri and I also requested signature confirmation. Only after I sent my papers I realized that it is a PO Box and as I checked status of my packet in the USPS, it said exactly the same thing as yours did - that they left a notice and the recipient will have to come and get my packet. I was all panicked and called Customer Service of USPS and they directed me to Consumers Affair I believe or something like that (I have no idea if I remember the name exactly). The lady explained to me that it happens all the time and she took my packet tracking number and she said that my packet was one of over hundred other packets waiting to be signed. What happens is - they make a list of all names of people who sent packets requesting a signature and then someone from USCIS comes and signs just once (not having to sign 100 times or more ;) ). So don't worry - your packet is safely delivered once it's in their post office! Also, remember that USPS doesn't always updates status online even after your packet was delivered. So if there is still no news I would call Customer Service of Postal Office to find out. But it should be all good. My packet should've been delivered on June 27 and it was, but update appeared only on the next day. Oh, and on the USCIS website my status changed to "Request for Evidence Response Review" on June 29.
Good luck! :)

I am a June filer, but I hope you don't mind I'll answer your question. On June 27 I sent my response to RFE to Missouri and I also requested signature confirmation. Only after I sent my papers I realized that it is a PO Box and as I checked status of my packet in the USPS, it said exactly the same thing as yours did - that they left a notice and the recipient will have to come and get my packet. I was all panicked and called Customer Service of USPS and they directed me to Consumers Affair I believe or something like that (I have no idea if I remember the name exactly). The lady explained to me that it happens all the time and she took my packet tracking number and she said that my packet was one of over hundred other packets waiting to be signed. What happens is - they make a list of all names of people who sent packets requesting a signature and then someone from USCIS comes and signs just once (not having to sign 100 times or more ;) ). So don't worry - your packet is safely delivered once it's in their post office! Also, remember that USPS doesn't always updates status online even after your packet was delivered. So if there is still no news I would call Customer Service of Postal Office to find out. But it should be all good. My packet should've been delivered on June 27 and it was, but update appeared only on the next day. Oh, and on the USCIS website my status changed to "Request for Evidence Response Review" on June 29.

Hello 2much2handle!

Thank you very much for your reply! You are awesome! I checked the status of my package online and it says it's been delivered. Thank you so much!

God bless you on your interview :)

Hello 2much2handle!

Thank you very much for your reply! You are awesome! I checked the status of my package online and it says it's been delivered. Thank you so much!

Hello 2much2handle!

Whoo-hoo! Great news!!! :)
And thank you - good luck to you and the rest of July filers as well!!! :)

Hello everyone! Just finished with biometrics. Glad that office they assigned me to didn't have a lot of people. :)

Received I 797 c for I 130, I 485, I 765......funny thing is I received biometric appointment letter even before the receipt notice.
goodluck everyone

Received I 797 c for I 130, I 485, I 765......funny thing is I received biometric appointment letter even before the receipt notice.
goodluck everyone

I had the same thing happen to me, in fact I ended up doing an early walk-in even before I had my physical NoA's for all 4 applications

Last edited by a moderator: